Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today's weather has been glorious! We trekked up the Great Orme, following the tram route. It would've cost us £20 to take the tram - yikes! Shanks' pony was good enough for us.

We found the trig point and took some photos, but it is most definitely NOT the place where the photo of me and big sis was taken. Next stop: the Little Orme! But that'll have to wait for the next dry day...

I have done 19k steps today and climbed 102 floors. About 65 of them were getting up the hill alone. We should all sleep well tonight...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Fab stats, apple! Fingers crossed for another dry day soon, so you can check out Little Orme :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad you had some good weather, it really got better as the day went on. Enjoy exploring.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Pleased to be able to still move after all those floors yesterday :D.

The forecast was for a drizzly/rainy day so we stayed local and pottered over to Conwy. Went in to the smallest house with dd - she absolutely adored it. We also walked a bit of the walls and spent aaaaages in the toy shop. I'm impressed with dd as, after much deliberation over Top Model stuff, doll's house stuff and Syl Fam stuff, she opted for a TM designing book that she will use for hours.

We went in to L's cafe (I think) and were v impressed by their consideration of dd being gf and df, admitting that they had no cakes that were both, but suggesting C0sta round the corner. Well, we knew that in C0sta, dd would only have a soya mil with marshmallow, so we asked if they could do that and dd ended up with the most humungous cup of frothy milk with so many marshmallows she couldn't eat them all! Dh and I both had coffee and a cake, and we all sat outside and had a jolly time of it. All for £10.

Lunch was partaken of in the park, on what appeared to be the only bench around. We were eyed greedily by some seagulls, but gave them nowt.

Once back we watched dd's choice of film - HP and the order of the phoenix. Boy is it a sad, dark film. I was v glad we'd all read the book first. Dd kept going out to practice her badminton during the bits she didn't like.

The rain does seem to have missed us today, apart from pelting down at 6.40am and now. If tomorrow is dry, then part II of The Quest will be undertaken. Research shows that it is almost 2 miles from Llandudno stn to the base of the Little Orme, so we shall be looking at using buses for that part - we want to still have some energy left to explore more of the town and sea front.
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 8 August 2017 at 8:48PM
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely adventure! Hope the weather is continuing to be kind (& we'll t0done on that steppage!)

ETA: oops, only saw your last post after posting, glad you've escaped the worst if the rain, and what an epic cafe stop! Fab :D
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Glad you are having a good holiday. I enjoyed my rainy British holiday as it's just nice to be together even in the rain!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Loving reading the holiday adventures.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Another truly wonderful day has been had.

We headed back to Llandudno, armed with plusbus tickets. Caught a bus to nearish to the Little Orme and tramped up it (only 44 floors, as compared with the 64 of the Great Orme). And, indeed, it is the location of the photo taken some 40+ years ago. I was sooo excited! It was blowing a hooley - as it tends to on the coast, eh? - but so gloriously sunny.

A meander down and a bus back to town where we took our time over the charity shops and went into any other shops that took our fancy. Think £land, The W0rks and suchlike. Nowt fancipants and cher. There is a stonkingly good craft shop where I bought 4x ribbon for £2 total, 4x packs of felt for £10 and 1m of green felt off a roll (!) For £1.50. Bizarrely, it also sells motorised wheelchair thingies for nigh on a grand... Charity shops yielded up a 50p doll for dd, a l-s jacket + per una white vest top + long sleeveless top + l-s top, all for me, for £2, and a couple of books. Happy times.

However, I have realised that I am not one for going round the shops frequently. We have done it for 3 consecutive days, not spending much at all, but I have now had enough of it.

Dd would like to return to Llandudno, in her cossie, to go in the sea. Brrrr!

Dh gave us all a bit of a fright this evening, whilst washing up. He managed to cut his thumb rather badly on a very sharp knife. We got some plasters on it asap, wrapped it all up with insulation tape (yeah, I know, who on carries insulation tape on holiday with them? My dh, of course!) We have since changed the wrapping - for more of the same - and were relieved to see that the cut has sealed already. He'll do anything to get out of washing up and playing badminton with dd...
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Glad DH's cut seems to be ok - hope it heals soon :)
    Sounds like you're having a great time :) - and DD sounds terribly brave for even thinking of going in the sea!!
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    They x rayed your TOE? How is it?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills