Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sounds great with the holiday. I love north wales. Well researched!
    I remember shred level two from a long time ago..take my hat off to you!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Shred level 2 #1 complete:T. Though it was rather 'heavy' on toe usage so I need to get creative about alternative exercises. Especially the fore and back lunges and the plank jacks and the squat thrusts...

Survived the scrummage in aldee around the school uniform specials. Bagged what I went for: a spare skirt and 2 cardis, for around £8.75.

Apart from that, another lazy day. Dh had a meeting up in Lunnon, so I opted not to nip to work (ha, ha: nip?? The travel alone needs 2 hours!) so that I could enjoy having the house to myself. I turned all the dolly and teddy parts the right way round, stuffed as many as I had stuffing for, and cut out a gazillion skirts, tops, nighties, small bags and big bags. And I posted some stuff on gumt, for collection when I am next at mum's. And edited the photos on my phone.

Tomorrow is now allocated to 'nipping' into work for some physical stuff I need to do there, and possibly some work, depending on how long the first job lot takes. And then it gets exciting... I reckon that my fabric stash has run so low that I need to trawl around the ch shops to get some more. There are 5 nearish to work; 5 more if I stop off part way home; and a potential 7 more if I'm out of work lickety split. So, motivation to be speedy at work. And I have to be back at dd's school by 2pm for an open pm so no wiggle room.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    North Wales is fabulous! Whereabouts are you going?

I am a shred fan (when I have the motivation to do it!). I actually prefer level 3 to level 2 as I'm no the biggest fan of mountain climbers or plank jacks! Keep going, it definitely gives results and doing the 30 day shred is some commitment.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    We are staying near Llandudno Junction. Am so excited already!

May take today off from shred - dodgy left hip/lower back joint. And achey toe too. Cor, what a whinger!

Only spent 1 hour in work today, but it was well spent and I finished my 3 jobs there. Not planning on going back until results day.

And I got a reet good fabric haul! Possibly too much... if such a thing exists...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Shred #11 done. Go me! Substituted all lunging parts with squats or side lunges, and plank jacks became half-squat jumps. All in all, better for my toe. And hip. And back. Am off to mum's in a few days so will have to experience shredding with no weights!

I would not have thought I was capable of exercising so often...
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well done on keeping it up, apple :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Shred #12 done, plus 26k steps.

It was a much longer journey up here as my starting point was church, not home. So a 15 min walk + 35 min bus trip just to get to the train station. But it all went smoothly, I had a seat on every train, and I walked the 2 miles from the train stn to mum's.

A friend has agreed to paint the house for us over the summer - yay! Tomorrow, I'll have to add 'buy paint' to my long list. He'll get the white, but was reluctant about the coloured paint. I thought that pale green and cream were simple, but can understand him not wanting to get it wrong.

Best get a wiggle on with some sorting...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    And back home again! A super smooth journey which meant that I was home in time to get dd from school. On the last train, I sat on the other side of the carriage from normal, and had a whole new perspective on the journey. It was fascinating!

Shred #14 done. It worked well without weights up at mum's and I have had to do a lot of exercising substitutions this time - sooo many squats to replace lungy-type things. Ooph. Therefore, doing it back home avec weights was much harder. My legs were jellified and might object tomorrow...

Managed to salvage dh's receipts that he'd put out for recyc, as part of my quest to note the destination of every single penny this month. I might have racked up 11 NSDs thus far, but the pile of receipts is rather large...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    A bitty day, toing and froing with dd. Took her to school and went back home for 40 mins. Picked her up and caught the bus direct to the hospital where we were seen quickly and were out by the time our appointment arrived. Too early to eat lunch there so we came home to eat, then I took dd back to school for the afternoon, came home and read a bit and did shred #15, then went back to collect her from school.

Level 2 shred does make my toe hurt more, even with my modifications, and it is more swollen and also bends less than it used to. Just as well I am taking my toes to see the doc/fox tomorrow then.

Dd recently completed her 'new foods' chart. It has 24 spaces. Only took her 12 months this time - the previous one must've taken 2 years! So we've bought her her own digital camera from eebay. And she loves it!

Just 2 more get ups with dd. End of year presents nearly sorted. Two lots of teachers and TAs this time, thanks to the change of class. But they are all getting a plant. The TAs' ones are wrapped in cellophane with ribbon, and the teachers get one in a pot, plus a set of post-its in the shape of their initial. Total cost: £8.80. Still need to do the Head and Deputy... would like it to be a little more than the current lavender bag each...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    The dr sent me to have my toe xrayed, so I duly trotted off on the bus to do it. Very simple, no fuss. Results in a couple of weeks once the experts have pored over it...

Skived off shred today. Not proud. Stuffed my face with sugary foods. Even less proud. Sigh.

The adventure up to liddle was okay but prices were comparable to aldee, so we'll stay with aldee. Which doesn't require a bus journey either, thus saving us some pennies. Dh has noticed how much extra we are spending now that we don't get dd's gf bread on prescription any more and have to buy it @ £3 per (small) loaf. He is becoming more and more aware of our much reduced income, which is good.

Dd had a troubled night -she was obviously upset and dreaming unhappy things, until 1.30am. When I asked her about it this morning, she said she'd been dreaming I was going to bham without her. Poor thing. So she is super tired now and I'm hoping for an early night for the pair of us.

My cc bill arrived - I booked the holiday on it - and it requires half of my salary to pay it. Yikes. Dh has suggested that we use our tosco points to pay towards the train tickets, a good way to save us some pennies.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback