Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yep! I'm going to the doc on Monday for the results of that and a routine blood test. The receptionist told me that they both came back ok. So, I'm gonna believe that! She doesn't know what me and my doc are tracking in my bloods. She don't know nowt about my TOE!

Whatever the xray shows or doesn't show, I need to extract some advice from a dr about what to do re the toe. It has been 11 weeks and I still can't bend it, do lunges, or run.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    One thing I have enjoyed here is the lack of clocks. There is one on the kitchen wall and a small carriage clock in the lounge. At home, there is one on the heating system, the microwave, the wall downstairs, the bedroom... As one whose life is led by bells, it has been somewhat odd to have to go and search out the time, but not unpleasant.

Enough odd witterings.

Today is our last full day. We plan to return to the Great Orme and take a different route up, that seems to go via some caves. And after that dd can go in the sea, should she still wish to. Brr. Then back here to pack, as the train leaves at 9.40am tomorrow.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Well, rain put a stop to my plans! There was enough of it to put us off going on an all day expedition, but I did get us all out after lunch. Two and a half hours of out and about, up to Deganwy Castle (the blurb talks about 'the scant remains' and indeed they most definitely are scant! ) and being blown about, and back to the house. Dd wore my fitbit and it registered over 6 miles and about 11,000 steps. I guess it was further than I'd thought!

We are now mostly packed. Sort of. I have done much less crafting that I'd anticipated doing - maybe thinking that we would be inside more - so am taking back unfinished projects. And my acquisitions, although not many nor heavy, are bulky. Well, the ribbons aren't, but the 4 packs of felt are...

We have had a marvellous week. The weather has been very kind, the accommodation has been perfect (and we cannot find a hoover, so cannot clean the carpets!), we have not spent much and I found the location of the photo.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sound like a great holiday apple, hope you have a good trip back (and everything fits in your luggage!)
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Have a good journey back today :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    No further on with packing than when I posted last night... But dh and I both have a coffee and dd is awake and watching Mulan 2 before we leave.

5 more minutes on mse please...
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Safe journey home and hope your toe heals. Heels. Whatever!
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,966 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Safe journey home x
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thank you! It only took 6 hours, we had excellent train/bus connections. We are all happy to be home. Dd has even tidied her bedroom a little, dh is sat at the pc and I have watched some of the athletics. Back to normality.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Week 9/12

Health: I see a dr tomorrow re the toe. I'll be asking for advice on how to get mobility back in it - I still cannot bend it at the knuckle. Anyhow, a great week of walking and climbing up and down some windy hills. Got home to find it had been rather a wet and soggy week here, so we did rather well to miss it :D.

Wealth: we did spend a lot (for us) on food whilst away - oops - but other spends were travel, one or two coffee shop visits, charity shops and a designing book for dd. And they don't amount to very much. Yesterday and today have both been NSDs :D.

Life well lived: no counselling due to the hols until the end of the month. A great week away together. Can't quite fathom how a year has passed since dad died and mum had breast cancer + mastectomy + radiotherapy + memory issues + a vascular dementia and alzheimers diagnosis + moving her to a care home. I had the PO redirection paperwork for renewal through for dad - we're going to do it for another year as so much was going on, some stuff may have slipped through. Am trying to work out when/how I started feeling guilty about 'how much big sis is doing vs how much I am doing'. I sort of have some answers... I am also going through my annual 'I can't teach anymore, I'm only mediocre at the best of times, I can't innovate- but what else would I do' phase. Not very conducive to falling asleep...

A busy week ahead: Mon - dr, then dd and I go shopping for dh's bday present. Tues: dh's bday, also meet up with niece in Lunnon and do some HP film sites visiting. Weds - dd and me to bham, see mum, potter round ch shops. Thurs - come home. Fri - relax!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback