Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We did get up at 7 and got everything done: books from The W0rks (7 presents for £30 - result); dd + dh to nativity rehearsal; dh left behind and dd ferried to party; dh collected and we went back into the town for a coffee and chill out time (sitting outside at this time of year in the sun, all nicely warm - amazing!); dh went to buy £shop goodies for the PA and AV people and I bought a pretty Christmas casket with plants (including a sparkly poinsetta) and a santa in for the kids klub leader - will present it to her at church tomorrow; dd collected; all home and a chilled afternoon.

1 owl knitted on huge needles and all stuffed and finished. Several owl/ penguin shapes cut out of felt. Will cut out mice next, as they require less felt. Then I can take stock and see what colours I need to get (orange is one of them as I know I have none for penguin beaks)

1 single duvet cover + pillow case acquired for £1 - perfect fabric for bunnies or bags. Hmmm. Maybe next year needs to see a stop on fabric entering the house... But it is suuuuuch good valoooooooo...

I shall also need to knit a few more monsters - the wool is overflowing despite being 'tidy'.

And there are still those bunnies to sort out, let alone my plans for new ones...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Kids club nativity went supremely well - helped muchly by a good number of them having done the same thing at school, thus knowing all the words and tunes.

Dh is going back in an hour to set up for the Carol Service. I was going to take dd, but it is aimed at adults and she'll probably get bored. She is still super pale and has dark circles under her eyes and could do with staying in....

And I shall try to finish off some owls - hanging ones this time.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    6 hanging owls complete and no more cut out (yet...)

The duvet cover I bought for £1 yesterday has been comandeered by dd and is now on her bed. She is wearing her smug face!

Shepherd's pie made whilst dh is out, but with mashed swede on top. Yum! My helping never made it to the serving dish before reaching my bowl... So, 2 meals each there + about 2 more in tupperware. And I have washed up too. So I'm wearing my smug face too.

Tomorrow:
    -washing
    -sweep and hoover and dust
    -blood test 10.25
    -see friends?
    -clear big table
    -workout
    -chill out with dd
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Friends coming at 1.30. So much tidying and dusting is required! My friend will tell me off for tidying (we have a rule that we take each other as we find them - no specific tidying/cleaning allowed) but I see her visit as an incentive to actually do it, otherwise yet another day will pass without...

Dh had a rotten time at the Carol Service as everything that could go wrong did go wrong! He was in a right grump when he got home, so I was glad I'd made him some dinner, and he did improve after being left alone for a while.

He went to work without me even noticing this morning - only dd and her coughing woke me at 7.30. Luxury.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Apple you are sooo busy!
    Hope you get a bit of a rest soon. Xxx
  • apple_muncher
    Options

Tomorrow:
    -washing
    -sweep and hoover and dust
    -blood test 10.25
    -see friends?
    -clear big table
    -workout
    -chill out with dd

Dd and I were planning to walk both ways to the doc, but she went all feeble when we were there! Probably a combination of the whole 25 min walk being uphill and it being very windy. So we caught the bus home and she bounced home for the last bit.

So, blood test done - didn't hurt at all but the bruise is impressive! Washing done and hung up. Round coffee table cleared and cleaned (glass-topped) and now lovely and clean and tidy. Much gubbins removed from big table too. Sweeping and some hoovering done too. Smug face is well and truly on. :D

Presents for friends all wrapped and labelled.

Monies found on the floor in the last year have been counted up and we have £18.40 :T. Dh has said that seeing as he found none of it, dd and I can split it between us. She wants to get some shoes for a bui1dabear honey doll with her money. Me? I'll probably spend it on dd!

Tomorrow dh is letting us have the car - phew! Meeting a friend in town, also going to Santa's grotto and the bildabear shop, prob back to the w0rks as need a present for next door's dd (oopsie!!!), and I'd like to stop at certain ch shops as they were selling things even more cheaply last week, so I'd like to go back this week!

Today has ended up being an NSD as I forgot to take my purse out. And we'd have shopped after the dr and ended up just coming home anyway. Result!

Off tp put some clothes away and the heating on.
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Echoing SHS. Very busy here!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Would love to have a day just at home, chilling! On my own, perchance... Aha - there go those porcine beasties flying through the air...

Have cut out 12 mice bodies and ears.

Dd and I have our schedule for tomorrow. Though it may all change if we oversleep or simply don't feel like doing it. Only Santa and meeting a friend are 'must-do's.

Today's workout only lasted 10 mins but included about 400 high knees and 100 side lunge jumps. I will feel it eversomuch tomorrow...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    A quick review of the month's targets:
    December's numbers are done.

31000 steps :Ton track
    310 minutes of exercise :T on track
    25 days grain free :rotfl:may make 10
    25 days sugar free:rotfl: may make 10
    10 days at work (and therefore 21 not at work) :T non-negotiable so not really a target, more a compulsory use of my time :D
    Usual giving :T - and more to the Salvation Army for their Christmas work
    Usual budgets :T but...more spent than usual
    Remove 80 :T getting there
    Lose 8 :rotfl:no chance!

Out of the targetted 8 books, I have done 5 so far :T.

And I am sure we will dip below 40K by the end of the month :j.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    213,925 steps so far in December... under 100,000 to go... best get up and move around a bit...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback