Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have been for a walk to blow the cobwebs away and stop myself going stir crazy. Although mild, it was wet and windy. Yet enjoyable. Steps still falling short...

Dd has remained in her new jamas all day and is doing what all children should be doing - playing with both new and old toys.

My mum rang and is very glad she chose to stay home as her lingering cold is still lingering and making her feel quite rotten. She has had a perfect day.

I've joined the MFW2016 thread with a target of 13,333 (1/3 of what I expect our end-of-year amount to be). If dh remains in employment, we can do it. If he doesn't, then we shall revise it. No point paying off more than will be coming in now, is there!

Hmmm must start to sort out dd's party in about 3 week's time... Need a theme, day, time, guests, food, games... Not much then...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Brought the coughdrop in with us last night. She slept much better, I slept quite well, but dh didn't. 2 out of 3 aint bad...

We have been to buy balm tissues and, for once, found some bargains in sainz: microwaveable polar bears for £3, a bday present for the end of the month, 4x sets of cards for 25p-40p, an Equestria Girls doll for dd's bday. And all three of us had a peaceful time in C0sta with our drinks, knitting, books and interweb.

Also got in a good walk, but still a few thousand short of 10. Feel the need to do a workout so while dd is play doh-ing, I'll sneak off and get it done.

Forgot to mention that I got a new kettlebell for Christmas - a 12 kilo one. 50% heavier than my usual one, but not yet used :D. And my planned workout is a bodyweight one.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Another night where we brought dd in with us at about 10.30. Until then, the coughing was hugely better. Suffice to say that dd has had - and continues to have - a good night's sleep. Not so for dh and I... When I got up, I tried to move dd over to fill the gap, but she just muttered crossly at me and shifted right back to snuggle against dh. Quite sweet really!

However, no church for us today so potentially another quiet day in. I told dd yesterday that I shall need to get out for a walk, so she will 'send' me at some point rather than accompany me.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    No one else was stirring so I went round the block. Twice. And mixed walking with running. Go me! And dd was still asleep when I returned, huffing and puffing and all sweaty. Me, that is, not dd!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    41523. Less 700 from joint acc = 40823. Less 800 from me = 40023. Less 47 coins and cheque = 39976. Can't be achieved until at least Tues, but worth the anticipation...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dd bought some bu1ldbear boots with her free money. And her big sis got her thevery same ones! So we have ventured out and exchanged boots for a bear + top in the sale.

£land was forthcoming and I have yet more wool and embellishments. Oops. But I have plans for the dark pink sparkly ball, when I next pick up my needles - prob quite soon as I count down to WSM...
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    41523. Less 700 from joint acc = 40823. Less 800 from me = 40023. Less 47 coins and cheque = 39976. Can't be achieved until at least Tues, but worth the anticipation...

Well worth the anticipation indeed :j
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thank you for the fitbit challeng invites. I'll not be joining this time - using apps is beyond this luddite, and although dh said it was easy, he followed that with 'all I need to do is install x before I download y'. So I scarpered!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    310,000-269938 = 40062 steps to do in the next 4 days. :T

7/8 books read and number 8 has been started. I think we need a library trip tomorrow anyway...

Notes say 288/310 mins exercise done. Better than I thought, but does include some 'light' exercise sessions.

I have been up for over an hour and the rest of 'em are still asleep. Dd only drifted off around 10pm so although she needs to sleep, it will make it harder for her to sleep tonight... Though it is so nice to have peace and quiet... Hmmm, best bite the bullet and go and wake her...

Today:
    -tidy paper away
    -sort cards
    -visit friends?
    -find homes for dd's presents
    -start to plan dd's bday party
    -sort friend's bday present
    -get those pesky 10000 steps done (only about 9943 to go...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    So far, we have visited friends! And nowt else has been done off the list. Oops.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback