Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    310,000-269938 = 40062 steps to do in the next 4 days. :T
    310,000 - 291,204 = 18,796/3 = 6,265 a day :T. It's been a great challenge :j.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    310,000 - 291,204 = 18,796/3 = 6,265 a day :T. It's been a great challenge :j.

You could do that standing on one leg, gally! Well, almost...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dh is back to work tomorrow. I shall also set an alarm so that dd + I don't oversleep too much...

tomorrow:
    -go to ch shops with some pennies in our purses
    -meet friend for coffee
    -finish pink monster
    -sew bunny bits
    -sort cards
    -plan dd's party
    -check if need to renew library books
    -make curried parsnip + carrot soup
    -get more steps, otherwise I know what I'll be doing on NYE...

Oooh, think dd is asleep. I shall skulk off down our creaky stairs...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dh is back to work tomorrow. I shall also set an alarm so that dd + I don't oversleep too much...

tomorrow:
    -go to ch shops with some pennies in our purses :T
    -meet friend for coffee :T
    -finish pink monster
    -sew bunny bits
    -sort cards
    -plan dd's party
    -check if need to renew library books :T
    -make curried parsnip + carrot soup :T
    -get more steps, otherwise I know what I'll be doing on NYE...

Oooh, think dd is asleep. I shall skulk off down our creaky stairs...

Charity shop shopping was fun! Dd spent her money wisely, and even talked me out of buying a duvet for its fabric! Clever girl.

We did get 400g of blue wool so I can now knitt dd's snowflake cardigan. And she now has a snowman Cmas jumper for next year.

I also got 2 cushion inners + covers for £6. Yay! I washed our cushion covers this morning and realised they are very old and squished up. New ones are much softer :D. Bet dh won't even notice...

Snuck in some blue felt and beauuuuuutiful fine corduroy fabric for ... 50p.

And paid in coins + cheque. Had miscounted so it was not £27. It was £34.50!

Dd is colouring in, HUTH is on for hours, so I shall sit and knit.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Just caught up, apple - well done on your ending balance for 2015/ starting balance for 2016!:T:T:D:j:j
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Tomorrow:
    -plan party!
    -cards
    -complete paperwork and post it
    -get more steps in (however, dd is looking forward to a jama day, so may not happen)
    -workout?
    -use laptop for that banking
    -cull emails
    -read Martin's email
    -plan Jan in more detail. Dh will find out in early feb about redundancy or not. But minimal Jan outgoings on my part will help me feel more in control of something - and that is a good thing
    -keep plodding on with tidying...
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Was thinking about you yesterday AM when I saw a bowl of polvorones - I had one in your honour and it was delicious (lemon flavour). I had another in your honour last night :o but that wasn't so nice - too dry and too sweet - so back to not liking them again :rotfl:.

Put your feet up dear and don't worry about those steps :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Tis done. Mortgage in in the 39s. I'd forgotten about the interest being added :doh:, but a little juggling sorted that out. :D

GG - am unable to fret about those missing steps. If I do 10,000 then dd probably does around 15,000! Too much for her tired little body to handle. So it is in her best interests that I scale it down... Will try again in Jan.

I do have a workout planned with burpees, mountain climbers and weighted walking (or back and fore) lunges. But getting 10k when having a jama day is nigh on impossible.

In fact, I may read this week's email and then go and do it. Oooh, nowt like motivating talk when in bed in my jamas and the wind is howling outside...!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Workout all done - and I used my 12k kettlebell too! Only to balance on, though... So, 10x 3 burpees, 30 mountain climbers, 5 each leg fore + back lunges. Enough!

7 Russian ladies cut out, 1 knitted monster stitched and stuffed, 3 monsters cut out. So, along with the 4 bunnies from the other day, I could do with using my sewing machine...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Tomorrow:
    -plan party! :T started...
    -cards :T done some
    -complete paperwork and post it :Tfilled it in butnot been to postbox yet
    -get more steps in (however, dd is looking forward to a jama day, so may not happen) :rotfl:
    -workout? :j yep, indeedy
    -use laptop for that banking :T smug face is on
    -cull emails :o nope - loathe this task and will ALWAYS avoid it if possible
    -read Martin's email :T so short! Did the frugal quiz and am 48%
    -plan Jan in more detail. Dh will find out in early feb about redundancy or not. But minimal Jan outgoings on my part will help me feel more in control of something - and that is a good thing :o nope
    -keep plodding on with tidying... :T hoovered more cobwebs and even put some things away

So, I completed more from the list than I thought, given that I've not referrred back to it at all. I also froze 4 portions of curried parsnip + carrot soup, ready for work next week.

tomorrow, dh is going to have his eye prodded again, so dd and I have the car - food shop, library and 2 bags to Salvation Army is the plan. And maybe some sewing...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback