Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Knitters-Gift-Timeline-via-Pinterest.jpg
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dd's school production was awesome! Am so pleased I made it.

The food provided at school all contained gluten, except the clementines. Joy. So I ate the apple I had in my bag. At least secret santa actually got me a present this year - even if it was alcohol (which I don't drink!!).

I tried to park to nip to the book place, but all the free parking was taken and the rest was permit only. So I went to the charity shops instead! £18 got me a burgundy jumper, a blue long-sleeved top, a Christmassy blue onsesie that I shall be cutting up, some freestyle shoes for dd to grow into (currently 3 sizes too large!), a craft pack, doll/bear clothes, loads of broken or unsold jewellery. And I was still home in time to eat something and collect dd. :D
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    And got me a workout done this morning. ([FONT=&quot]ZWOW 3: Pyramid 5-10-15-10-5: split squat jump; 1 leg weighted lunge (Bulgarian split squat); push-up with superman back extension; skaters.) [/FONT]It made me sweaty but didn't feel too hard...until I went up the stairs at work...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I think I shall simply forget about yesterday, which sounds rather too dramatic for what was more of a meh day really. The evening bash was nice enough: the unknown table arrangements went in my favour and I was pleased with my group; they'd already set out a gf bread roll. But... after I'd started my main course they had to takeit away - had given me one with gluten in it (stuffing and bacon-wrapped sausage). I followed the chappie out and got him to ask if the gravy had gluten in it - fortunately it didn't and I'd not eaten any stuffing/sausage. I could hark on about cross-contamination but decided to see if my body reascted and it didn't - phew. And dessert. Had ordered chocolate torte. Got told when dessert was being served that it contained gluten and I was given a fruit salad. Albeit a good fruit salad and a jug of cream.

The DJ was good but after coffee was served, the flashing lights went on and my eyes coudn't take it. So I opted to come home nice and early with a full belly and having ahd some good conversations :D.

And here I am - Thurday. Going with dd's school to a carol service. Then going in to work as I forgot my planner and the monies raised for the Salvation Army work at Christmas (I can gift aid it :T). And will drop a bag off at the SA on my way back. I'd like to make a load of shortbread biscuits for the staffroom at dd's school. And I have 3 bunnies switching limbs or needing bits cutting out - it'd be good to get them done. Oh, and tidying up too!!! And wrapping presents while no one else is around.

Dh is back to the hospital for a check up today so we are having a leisurely start to the morning.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Lovely service. Lovely walk there and back too. (though not for the Head + Deputies who had to man every one of the 8+ road crossing and the tramway to get 150 pupils there safely...))

Got the stuff I needed form work and have £60 to gift aid to the Salvation Army :T. Aso dropped off a bag to them.

Made a double batch of cookies which are now packaged up for dd's staffroom, and got the staff presents organised. Phew.

Wahing, washing up and hoovering done.

Must go and bring the Christmas box downstairs and put up some sparkly stuff.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Hardly saw dh yesterday - he arrived home from work, gobbled down his tea and went out to do PA. I was almost asleep when her returned around 11 and I think I muttered some loving endearments when he left at 6.15 this morning. I know he is super stressed: eye, work, PA...

Today:
    -school run (last of the year)
    -take in all presents that need taking in
    -collect dd + friend for playdate
    -sains for pizza bases for dd (have a £2 worth of extra points if I spend £20...)
    -aldee for general food shop
    -mega clearing surfaces and putting things in their place session (yep, all the times I've mentioned this on a list and not done it...and now it really is a big job. I'd set a timer and do it in bursts except we don't have a timer any more!)
    -put more decs up (after tidying...)
    -possibly bring in a tree
    -put clothes away
    -prepare dd's food/clothes/presents for Sat
    -sweep and hoover
    -wash up and generally clean surfaces in the kitchen
    -workout

And start by waking up the sleepyhead...
  • apple_muncher
    Options

Today:
    -school run (last of the year) :T
    -take in all presents that need taking in :T
    -collect dd + friend for playdate
    -sains for pizza bases for dd (have a £2 worth of extra points if I spend £20...):T
    -aldee for general food shop :T
    -mega clearing surfaces and putting things in their place session (yep, all the times I've mentioned this on a list and not done it...and now it really is a big job. I'd set a timer and do it in bursts except we don't have a timer any more!)
    -put more decs up (after tidying...)
    -possibly bring in a tree
    -put clothes away
    -prepare dd's food/clothes/presents for Sat
    -sweep and hoover
    -wash up :T and generally clean surfaces in the kitchen
    -workout :T

And start by waking up the sleepyhead...

Workout: [FONT=&quot]ZWOW 5: 10 mins: 10 3k DB bicep curl + shlder press; 30 DB mountain climber; 10 10k sbag sumo deadlift + high pull; 5 comp etition burpee (belly down, hands off ground) = 3r. Less legwork - still aching from the last one![/FONT]
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Humph. Just lost a well witty and entertaining post...

And having used up all my wit and entertaining skills, suffice to say that the day has gone well. Most jobs were done.

Tomorrow is ready so long as we wake up at 7.

Dh came home happier than I had wnticipated. The top surgeon cut a suture in his eye and he will still go back weekly for checks. So that means Cmas eve and New Year's Eve at the hosp.

Then he realised that he had left his work laptop at work, and needed it as he is 'on call' this week. Oops. At least he can access the office 24/7, and at least he realised before he had a text needing urgent attention.

Best post in case I get timed out again.
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    I'm doing the rounds tonight, reading peoples last few posts and desperately trying to catch up with the news. Im not sure how many diaries I will get around, but as I have been so largely absent for ages, I am attempting a quick catch up tonight.

Super impressed to be seeing your exercise regime Apple, you are putting me to shame. Made it to Pilates three times this year :o

Whats with these new icons I keep finding , I saw some under my user name and I have seen a shopping trolley ( I'm not wearing my glasses but I think that's what it is ) in yours. Where did they spring from ? Am still trying to figure out what they all mean , can you enlighten me ?

Shame you lost your "witty and entertaining post " I am still searching for my wit I think I lost it a long time ago , at least you still have yours ! :D
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Hello Pinot! If only the eating matched the exercise, I'd be a lean, mean, fighting machine instead of a flump!

I got my shopping trolley when a challenge I was running got mentioned in the weekly email. The one in a red circle is the numberof posts you've done - but there is nothing between 1K and 10K so that may not change for a while! And the blue circle one is the number of whole years that you've been a member of the forum..

Your debt-slaying is proceeding well - well done all of you!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback