Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No early night here...

Dd and I made a cape for one of her my little ponies tonight.

She told me that the emotions connected to school are hate, anger and fear. Extreme emotions for a very verbal 7 yo, to which I have no answers but hugs.

And that is after working just 1 day so far this week. I've already been told that she will not and can not go to school tomorrow...

Sigh...

Off to try and sleep.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Well, dd went unwillingly to my neighbour this morning. But at least she went.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I got home in time to take dd to cheerleadingtoo discover that the neighbour's son had taken them. Other little girl's mum was collecting so I had 90 mins to myself. Twas strange! I didn't know what to do with mysrlf.

So I parked the car beyond dd's sch, in readiness for tomorrow - all of, ooh, 500 yards, I reckon - and walked home. I considered walking further, but the rain started! Home and I had a lovely bath, then put a wash on, and got on with the furtive knitting. Dd was home by 6 ish, so we all ate togethrr.

After tea, dd and I made 2 clay fairies which are now drying in the airing cupboard ready to have clothes made for them tomorrow.

Work started off being rather overwhelming but I managed to get some previously postponed tasks done, which resulted in a better ending.

Up early again tomorrow...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Am hoping/planning for this month to have very little happen to my bank account: no TTs, no debit card transactions. Just the cash withdrawals.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Took dd +2 happily to cheerleading, and got to work myself without stress. The day went well and I was able to scoot home and have had some good time with dd:D. Today was cheerleading, recorder, knitting club and PE!

Last night we made 2 clay fairies and tonight dd was cutting out a dress for the thin one, and I got to cut out what will be hanging fabric stuffed baubles - a dark blue pillowcase yielded the inner circles and the green, gauzy, with gold stars and snowflakes fabric is rhe outer circle. I cut out 5; may make 10 dark blue and 10 light.

Also rediscovered the purply check I used for lavender bags.

In other news... They have found a flat...! Due to dss being a student and gf being australian, they have poor/non-existent credit ratings. So dh will prob be the guarantor. Or we may end up hsving to pay it and they pay us... Tis in dh's hands now...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dd loves taekwondo :D and after just 1 lesson, wants the suit... Another £34... :eek:

And, I still have money 'left over' in my purse from last week's withdrawal, which can go towards it - I want to keep to cash all month, so must therefore pay this en espèces too. £15 so far...

£54.14 on fuel. Cannot quite believe that I got it for 108.9, though I do remember when it was 55p... So there is still £45.86 for travel...

And £3 for a school disco for dd in a couple of weeks.

And possibly £20 for a works Cmas meal - subsidised by trustees. Must make my decision on that by tomorrow... I usually give these things a miss!

Dd has eaten and is happy. Now to sort out her bags and clothes and lunch for tomorrow. And get our tea ready. Dh was going to work until 6 but got 'let out' early at 5.20. Yippee!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Monday 17th.

The moving out/moving in date.

:j:D:j:D:j
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Monday 17th.

The moving out/moving in date.

:j:D:j:D:j

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Indeedy!

(although I'm not quite sure that I dare believe it yet...)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    And I have just read this:

"How will you measure your life?" It will not be by money or stuff. It will be measured in Relationships, Experiences, Love, & Legacy. Look at how you are living and the future you are chasing. Are you doing the right things with your time for your right life measurements? Make the right changes for your family, friends, health, and how you build your wealth. Fix what matters. Forget what doesn’t. Reach out and repair a relationship. Step-up and make it right! Then take a moment to be grateful for what you have.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback