Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Day 1 of October, and of working 4 days per week. I'll still have Fridays off though, so it doesn't really kick in until next week. Phew.

Exercise has stalled for the last week or so. Can't see that kick starting once I'm working more, so shall have to think it through a little more. And look at what I eat, as that accounts for 80% (or more) of weight loss/gain. Would love to go for grain- and sugar-free all month, but I know I'm not very good at sustaining it! Heck, why not give it a go - even partial success is better than not bothering at all... The troublesome bit of the day for me is the bit between getting home from work and eating my tea. I guess the answer is to pack a bigger lunch.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Hi AM, just read through your thread - super progress over the last 2 years!

I'm also g/f and it's a challenge sometimes (not only finding/paying for food, but also figuring out what to make). I'm only recently diagnosed (16 months), have heard that it's gotten a lot better re: available foods in the last few years, so I am grateful for that!

Where do you find your exercise routines? I definitely need to start exercising regularly.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Hello hiddenshadow - thank you for dropping by. Whrn I was diagnosed coeliac, I opted to eat differently, instead of substituting. It is second nature now, espevially as dd is also coeliac, so dh has to eat that way too. We allow him his 'glutenised' tin of foods we can't have!

Re exercise, chevk out the Zuzka Light website where there is plenty of free workouts. Or look her up on utube. She is awesome!
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Hello hiddenshadow - thank you for dropping by. Whrn I was diagnosed coeliac, I opted to eat differently, instead of substituting. It is second nature now, espevially as dd is also coeliac, so dh has to eat that way too. We allow him his 'glutenised' tin of foods we can't have!

DH has been really good about adopting the gf diet. He's got a shelf in the pantry of our leftover gluten-y things, but doesn't eat much of it.

I've made some big adjustments since diagnosis (no longer vegetarian :(, eating a lot less pasta and hardly ever do bread-based things as ready-made bread is pretty uninspiring!). Should look more into cooking with new veg, especially as we have a weekly box that usually includes some incomprehensible-to-us ingredient.
    Re exercise, chevk out the Zuzka Light website where there is plenty of free workouts. Or look her up on utube. She is awesome!

Thanks, will check it out!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Have you bought a new toaster amd bread board? Cross-contamination is a fickle thing, insidious and unmeasurable - until you have your next blood test! We kept the old toaster for dh to use - and he then butters it on a plate, ensuring he takes enough butter with the first swipe of the knife!
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Have you bought a new toaster amd bread board? Cross-contamination is a fickle thing, insidious and unmeasurable - until you have your next blood test! We kept the old toaster for dh to use - and he then butters it on a plate, ensuring he takes enough butter with the first swipe of the knife!

Have got a new toaster and bread machine. No bread board as we have plastic cutting boards (just bought new ones of those this summer).

Not sure if/when I'll get a repeat blood test - had a follow-up endoscopy at 9 months post-diagnosis and was told everything is improving. Not fully 100% yet, apparently, but apparently with adult diagnosis it can take 18 months to fully recover all the villi and such?

Luckily DH isn't too attached to toast as we don't really have a backup plan on that one. ;) Could dedicate a butter container specifically for him (and re-buy a toaster), I suppose, but as he's not bothered we haven't done it yet. He does have a waffle iron (xmas present) which would probably be ok to use with gf batter but we haven't risked it.

My main annoyance is at work - colleagues have (mostly!) stopped asking me if I want any birthday cake or other treats. Can't trust most of the things in the cupboards/fridge, though, but I have my own little stash of gf things.

Think I've only been glutenated once - forgotten that I'd read that own-brand cola wasn't gf so drank half an M&S coke before realising. Pretty miserable weekend, but at least I know better now.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    NSD #1.
    10k steps.
    gf and sf #1. Have told a colleague (my Thursday step buddy) about the gf/sf thing, so hope to be accountable to her...
    Money paid to mortgage - not expecting many TTs this month - boo-

Tomorrow:
    -school run
    -aldee
    -name some bunnies with dd
    -go to local coffee shop with dd after school as a treat
    -knit
    -bunnies (yep, still got 4 to finish)
    -hoover
    -prune
    -marking
    -PO
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Almost 18k steps.
    gf and sugar free #2
    £80 taken out, to deal only in cash.

£33 in aldee - it was a heavy load to carry home. But I saved on bus journeys.

£4.40 in the PO sending an item sold on gumt. I am no longer a paypa1 ignoramus!

Had the house to myself all day - blissful. Only collected dd - lovely. We practically ran up to the coffee shop (it closes at 4, and dd comes out at 3.15) but it was shut so we went to c0sta where dd had a strawberry cream cooler and gf cherry bakewells. I'd usually help her with both, but stuck to my black coffee!

Did a workout - fierce Friday. Ooph. But fun to complete.

Made 5 more lavender bags. Named about 20 bunnies with dd (about 40 to go!). Started knitting another secret doll's dress.

No bunnies, hoovering, pruning or marking. But I did wash the lounge rug and get it dry enough to go back down.

Tomorrow I have to go to work and dh + dd will have the car, so am off to check the bus times...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Didn't sleep well and have been awake from about 5.30. Anyhow, morning quiet time has been had, coffee has been brewed and is now ready for consumption, and mse is waiting to be browsed. Off I go...!
  • shyspender
    shyspender Posts: 352 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    hey Apple

I woke early too and decided rather than trying to get back to sleep I would make use of the early morning and get to tescimos early before all the hoards arrive. Just waking up a little bit first.

Have a good day!
    Feb NST #4
    Food £16.55/£200, Fuel £0/£250, Ents £17.47/£180, General £4/£100, SFD 8/15, LTW 11/16
    Debt Free Date Friday 29th March 2014 :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure