Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Good news that your guests are paying some more rent. Sorry to hear about the cold - it seems to be all over at the moment.

Enjoy the rugby x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    The guests are definitely looking for a 1-bed place. We shall help them with the deposit probably, as we have done something similar for the older 2. They are probably looking for unfurnished, so we may try to help there. Not that we have a spare bed or fridge-freezer lurking around - more like a dustpan and brush, clothes airer and plates! And we may finally be able to offload the dressing table that has resided in our loft since dsd1 went to Canada. Oooh, 8 years ago??

The rugby is suitably distracting and I have sewn, turned, stuffed and finished off 6 more bunnies. Beyond moving myself from the sofa downstairs to the bed upstairs, I have been very inactive - like something drained all the energy from my body. Dd has had a good day though, painting, playing and plaiting her toys' hair. Dh gets the holiness award, going to church twice today. Once to our church and then this afternoon to the new one, to check they set up the PA kit ok.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    And steps are only up to 1500 so far, so there goes my striding streak!
  • Pearla*Merle
    Options
    Aww, feel better soon!

I need to stop being amazed that you've still managed to keep crafting despite malaise etc - you are a force of nature! I would have sunk into the sofa and ignored everything! :rotfl:

Drats to the steps though - I feel your pain! At least you'll smash your total when next week comes round ;)
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I too would have loved to have sunk into the sofa and not moved...! But having dh out 9-1 and 3-6.30 meant someone had to keep an eye on dd. She entertained herself very well and had a very contented day. I went to bed with her and was asleep by 8.45 and slept well.

Am still not well but shall go to work and take it as easy as I can...
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope your day at work has not been too bad, apple - and hope you feel better soon :)
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Have had quite a good day at work - I obviously had much more energy than yesterday! But am v glad to now have 2 days off - the last week of it, so am appreciating is as much as poss.

Dd has also had quite a good day at school, bith at swimming and having a mediated conversation with the girl who has been so mean to her. She is very happy at how it went, and it was with her class teacher, who now knows what both girsl have said and is informed should there be any need to call on her at a later date. Am relieved, to say the least!

Sold a bunny at work - yay! Am wondering whether to ask the coffee shop up the road if she would display some for me... Prob need to go and have a coffee there first...! Then see how the land lies. And I need to be brave...

Will only have 2 weeks of 4 days until half term. So a good opportunity to measure how we all cope with it: long enough to get a good feel for it, but short enough if it all goes wrooooooong.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Have realised that dss is driving gf to work and then going on to uni, so they leave around 7.45 and return around 5.45. I have much appreciated this today, even though I didn't find out their driving plan until this evening. It was lovely to come home to an empty house, just for me and dd to potter in for quite a while.

Dd + neighbour had great fun on a pogo stick we bought aeons ago. Then dd fell rather spectacularly whilst running to the door and got herself another set of bruises and grazes. Poor mite is very tired, which is when all the day's not-so-good things rise up. I wish I could switch them off. Letting her talk them out seems to be the only solution thus far.

Tomorrow:
    -sch run
    -c00p bargain hunt?
    -library book hunt
    -coffee at local place?
    -aldee bits, as prob won't be able to go on weds
    -HYACINTHS!!!
    -bunnies
    -sweep and wash floors
    -hoover stairs
    -try to make bourbon biscuits
    -do the monster name tags (come up with about 25 monster names first - wonder what google suggests...!)
  • apple_muncher
    Options

Tomorrow:
    -sch run :T
    -c00p bargain hunt? NOPE
    -library book hunt :T
    -coffee at local place? :T
    -aldee bits, as prob won't be able to go on weds :T
    -HYACINTHS!!!
    -bunnies
    -sweep and wash floors
    -hoover stairs
    -try to make bourbon biscuits
    -do the monster name tags (come up with about 25 monster names first - wonder what google suggests...!)

Have done a wash too, having changed dd's bed linen, and that is out on the line.

Had decided not to go to the coffee shop, as I felt stressed by the idea. Then, I changed my mind! Decent coffee and a nice chat.

Had various vouchers for sainz, but spent exactly the £15 needed to get 300 points - am building them up to let dd spend them on a present. So, 3x hair dye, a small cafetiere reduced to £2.50, gf crumpets and free from choc buttons to make a gf/df friend some cookies.

Now to get on with the floor...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Hyacinths done.

Floors done.

Monster tags printed, now to write names onthem and attach them - somehow, I don't think safety pins are the answer...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback