Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Out we went and were fortunate to miss most of the rain. All the jobs got done whilst out, though I did the bits of shopping at sainz not aldee as I wasn't sure dd would be up for yet another errand. Boy, is that place costly! I must have paid 50% extra on every single item I bought there, in comparison to aldee. An eye-watering difference.

Packing is nearly done for the final jaunt of the hols. We seem to be taking a lot for what is only a 2 nighter. It is mostly 'stuff' closely followed by 'food' (mostly for dd, honest!). Now if only the pesky child would go to sleep, then I could finish it off. Not too early a departure - around 9.15 - and she has asked to be woken at 7.30. My alarm is set for 7 so that I can get a coffee down me first.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Coffee already downed and starting to kick in...

Dd had a bad dream - a rare occurence - and woke us at 5.18am. She then came in with us and by the time dh got up at 5.50, closely followed by me at 6, she had applied the starfish approach to claiming the whole bed!

It is really lovely to have the chance in the mornings to sit and be quiet. Today the sky is blue and there is only a breeze - very different to yesterday indeed.

Still no money news, as the usual mortgage payment goes out late in the month. Would love to get into the 39s by the end of the year, but the figures don't add up to make it possible. Am also toying with the idea of 'pay off the mortgage by the time I'm/dh is x yrs old', which would involve bringing the date forward by another 4 or 7 months. Working within a (now) 40 month timescale, that's rather a lot to find... Ah well, tis a nice idea to ponder..
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Did a small £4+ TT today - makes me feel better!

Left home in the sun and arrived at mum's in the rain. So did my sister and she lives the other end of the country from me. But we have had a pretty sunset. Tomorrow we hope to get a decent walk in, to the ch shops, with maybe getting the bus back as it is a long way for dd's little legs. We shall need to be super duper strict on what (if??) we buy as muggins here will be carrying it home...

In other news, half a monster made plus 2 feet.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Panic over.

Mum flushed the loo and the cistern didn't fill up. Nothing coming out from the kitchen tap. Fortunately there was enough water in the kettle for her tea and my coffee! I'm cogitating on the best place to go and buy bottles of water, and mum's considering calling the warden to report it. And then, about an hour after it stopped, we heard the lovely sound of cisterns filling up. Relief!
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,969 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Phew!! Relief.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Phew!! Relief.

Indeed! It made me realise just how much I rely on a water supply!

Well, we did get some ch shop buys yesterday. I acquired some jeans that fit - I now always try them on as items I like the look of on the hanger do not always look as good when worn. But these jeans hit the mark, so I'm chuffed.

Today we head home - last time of the summer hols - and I have 4 days until returning to work. Boo. But still, it is 4 more days of freedom to enjoy, so enjoy them I shall! Dss + gf return on the 31st and dsd is now in the UK, over from Canada for about 3 weeks, so we'll be seeing something of her too.

Best shake a tail feather. Need to bake the part-baked g-f rolls for dd, finish a doggie, and be all packed up when we leave at 10ish for the solicitor's. Loads of time yet...!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Home is good!

4 doggies + 1 monster completed. 1 more to stitch and stuff, 1 with half a body + 2 feet, so plan to finish these tomorrow.

Dss + gf are coming home tomorrow evening! So much for buying steak for dh and me then...

Tomorrow:
    - finish 2 monsters
    - tidy wool away (gulp!)
    - washing
    - 2 bags to the ch shop
    - aldee shop
    - try to get more of dd's gubbins put away
    - do some emails
    - sort post
    - go blackberrying

And no doubt other stuff not even thought of yet...
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    All sounds very busy.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    The fence men are here (better than the blind men, tee hee), so plans have shifted a little.

1 monster completed. 1 wash load done, another tumbling round as I type - but cannot hang out on the line due to fence men. Frog email done. 3 coffees drunk so far... Oops. Still got a headache so ibuprofen downed too. Dd not keen to go anywhere just yet - so frustrating when I'm a morning person!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Library book trail completed, some books returned, others renewed. Bits and bobs (nearly £20 worth - eek!) from sainz. Main food shop at aldee - 49 items for under £48. And that includes 2 dozen eggs, chicken, turkey mince, beef mince, pork chops, ham, plenty of dairy, 14 (!) different veggies, nuts, coffee and ice cream. Not bad!

Have made sure I had a chat with lovely neighbour - she's having a rather rotten time and I'd wanted to check she was doing okay in the midst of it all.

Now to finish that final monster ...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback