Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Real love is helping the youngsters just enough, and not too much that they are dependent.
    Definitely don't feel bad.x

Thank you! x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Chucking it down here too - and has been for hours throughout the night :( Apparently it might let up around 3pm! Also looking for stuff to do - have tickets for local outside (huge) play area but no chance in this weather (thankfully undated tickets) - trying to have a fun last couple of days before back to school! :)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I'm back at school TOMORROW - ugh!!!!! Thank heavens I'm part-time, just 2 days a week for September.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Sooo jealous of your part time ness!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I love it! Don't think I'd cope with full time + child to sort out. It took us a long time to conceive dd so NO WAY was I going to then give her care over to childminders (having no family nearby at all to help)! I know many people have no choice, but I've been very fortunate, and dh has agreed with me!

And with careful money management now, mortgage-freedom is in sight. We are down 18k from this time last year - abotu 9k from dh and the same from me, and I earn a heck of a lot less than him! But I pay out a heck of a lot less too. He can pay over the occasional amount but it has been my mission and he has willingly let me take the lead.

I can get my teacher pension at 60 but my state one at 67, and I've no idea how much dh's pension(s) will be. So I want him to have some freedom from the obligation to work so hard. Once the mortgage is gone, he/we can then play around with the pennies and he'd like to invest...Scary!!

Me, I'd LOVE to be able to survive on making bunnies/monsters...! I live in cloud cuckoo land!!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    3 russian dolls complete and 2 more just need their bottoms sewing up. Sneaking ahead on September's target...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    2 bottoms sewn up.

Dsd is here - she is someone who I would happily have living here! Am hoping she and dd will go to the Lunnon Sea Life centre on weds... I have a 'child gets in free' voucher, and failing that, they can use a twofer offer.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    They are going to see Matilda the musical! (andI shall have an afternoon free...!)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    More money shuffling done - usual mortgage payment + my usual. This usual amount will leave us about 3k short after 40 months, so progress is being made. The challenge is working - we are in the 46s :j

Day 1 of a new month and back to work. Ugh. A late start as I only have to attend a meeting this morning. Then take dd to a hospital appointment, with dsd tagging along for company.

Best shake a tail feather and get dressed.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Hope your first day back goes well.

Apple are you sure you can take your pension at 60?

I am 43 with 21 years in and I can only take SOME of it at 60.

I figured you are younger than me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure