Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Jobs to do when home:
    - cut back front garden tangled mess
    - washing, washing, washing (and there was a full wash basket left behind that'll need dealing with)
    - change bed linen
    - chat to lovely neighbour who is having a non-lovely time at the moment
    - packing lists for weekend
    - packing lists for Bham
    - mow lawns?
    - buy train tickets
    - get a decent night's sleep in a bed that doesn't wiggle and jiggle every time someone moves a finger

Enough for now!

Coffee is drunk but no one else is up yet...We said we'd get up by 8 so I'm now twiddling my thumbs for 23 mins...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    I just put the dirty washing in a giant laundry bag under a bed.

Problem solved!?!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I just put the dirty washing in a giant laundry bag under a bed.

Problem solved!?!

No under-bed space available! We have drawers, dss has a futon and although dd has a high-up bed, it is chockablock underneath (and on top) with her toys. Shame! :D
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    We are home and happy to be here :D. Dd went straight out the back to play with the other kiddies and is having a great time.

Washing 1 gone and hanging on the airer. Washing 2 will get hung out as it is due to be a scorcher here tomorrow. I can now put the washing line back up as the paddling pool has been emptied and cleaned of the gunk that was growing in it - my dh is a star!

Dss + gf are away so we can chill completely and slob out.

I will confess on here that I really do not want to go to the airshow this weekend. Dh got us all tickets. I'm not bothered by the whole shebang particularly, but he adores them flying machines. It's the re-packing of stuff that is getting to me, (plus dd and I are away again on Mon-Thurs). I'm probably simply out of sorts (have felt like that for a couple of days now) and just want to be in my own home.

Maybe I can send him on his own on both days - the tickets are valid for 1 day each, but they don't specify which one...

Will make a decision in the morning. (even though it may sound like I have already made up my mind!)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Have just been reading the opening posts for the MFi3-T3 thread, and realised that that will be my goal from the end of the year. May sign up for it, may not. May sign up again for the MFW thread, may not. May simply keep a running total of the mortgage total decreasing and my monthly s t r e t c h totals. Will indubitably do the NST monthly challenges.

Dreamed that it snowed on my washing last night, and we took a photo to prove it. Weird. Glad it wasn't real!

Dd and I shan't be going to the airshow. Feel mightily bad to let dh down, but he can go and enjoy it all without have to think of us g-f people!

So, washing, gardening and tidying up are on the cards today. And buying train tickets. And get some milk plus a few other bits and bobs. So no NSD again!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Who has nicked all my energy? Please can I have it back?

dh is going to the airshow early tomorrow and will have a full day there. He walked to aldee for me and bought my list. Floor swept, rug hoovered, washing 3 done and hung up, lunch made and eaten. And that's my lot. Athletics is on and I'm researching more keto meal ideas. Will probably not even make 1000 steps at this rate!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Made it to about 2.5ks steps - rather pathetic! But sums up how I felt...

All 3 loads of washing dried and tidied away. Front bushes hacked back and 3 green waste bags now filled. Keto meals ideas jotted down. Second half of purple monster started. May do dogs next...

And an NSD to boot! Will buy train tickets tomorrow.

Tis only 9.22 and I think dd may be asleep - beats yesterday's 10.30!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    The rain has arrived - but unfortunately no thunderstorms to accompany it. The paddling pool is in the house (!) as I'd just got it dry from the dew before the rain came. Given that the forecast for the rest of the week is cooler, we can cope without it being inflated.

Dh is't off to the airshow - there was a crash that involved an aircraft hitting cars on a nearby road, and fatalities. Very sad.

Dd opted not to go to church and kids klub - suits me as I'm still very weary. So we have been pottering instead. She is off to dress up as a cowgirl (inspired by Jelly's photo) but judging by the noise, has been distracted by Buzz and Woody having a chat.

Monster #32 is finished, completing the August challenge. Time now to tip them all out and pay them out in a rainbow to see if there are any 'gaps' to fill.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    It has been decreed that I need to produce more red monsters, and some brown ones too. Dd has spoken, so I shall obey!

Picked up 4 pillows from fr33gle today - only a 5 min walk away which was nice - and I reckon they may be in a better state then the ones we are using! I'll have a test tomorrow and maybe swap them over and use our own ones for stuffing instead.

Took dd + friend out to pick blackberries and we each filled a pot quickly. So I made lovely neighbour an apple + blackberry crumble, and dh got an individual portion too - albeit a rather large one so he wouldn't complain! Must go picking again soon as they'll be lovely to have in the winter months.

No spending this weekend so my NSD total is up to 12. Nice. Exercise is just not happening as am still v weary, but so long as I'm eating well, then I'm happy for now.

No money matters to report as I'm letting it all sit there in case I need it. I'll do a scoop over on the 31st.

Dd is going to sleep in her own bed (so far...) so I can ... knit. Apparently the needles are noisy and keep her awake when she is here with me! I use bamboo ones precisely because there's less of the clickety clacking. Obviously not less enough.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I have now been informed that I should stop knitting and move onto sewing! Fickle child... I shall not obey (tee hee) for the next few days at least as we're off on the train again. I shall finish the red monster I dutifully started yesterday, and do some doggies.

It is raining here and doesn't look like it will stop until tomorrow so we shall be going out in it fairly soon. A good test for my new waterproof...

- prescription to drop in for renewal
    - library book trail, and return books
    - orange supermarket for gf crumpets
    - few bits from aldee to take to mum's/have here for when we return
    - poss popping in to ch shops + local coffee shop?

Also:
    - wash up
    - put rest of washing away
    - do some sewing with dd
    - sort out post - have let it build up
    - pack for tomorrow!
    - clear more surface areas...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback