MyHermes - disgraceful

Options

Comments

• NikNox
    NikNox Posts: 347 Forumite
    Options
    Just to update ... the Advisor at Hermes shared my disgust and said he was horrified at what has happened. He has directly emailed the Manager of the drivers and has urged them to contact me on Monday. He told me that if I don't hear from them on Monday, to contact him again via the FB page and he will give me contact details for the overall manager.
  • artbaron
    artbaron Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Options
    There was an item a couple of weeks ago on Watchdog where a delivery driver was shown chucking an item a few feet to land beside someone's front door. Apparently he was identified and sacked, and that didn't even involve being insulting to anybody. There are plenty of honest, polite, dedicated people looking for work so I'd have no problem with this jerk-off being sacked and someone else taking his place. If someone can't manage to take a parcel from A to B without being insulting and aggressive then they don't deserve to be in the job, it's as simple as that. It's a sad state of affairs when we accept this behaviour with a shrug.
  • NikNox
    Options
    Exactly artbaron, which I why I won't let it rest until my colleague has at least had an apology, directly to her, from the Company. To literally lob a parcel, measuring 10" by 15", over her head to land behind her, simply because she was on the phone doing her job, is completely and utterly unacceptable. I don't expect to hear what's happened to him, and of course I'm sure they will have policies in place to deal with customer complaints against drivers - that's their issue to deal with, although I would expect him to have a verbal warning at the very least!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NikNox wrote: »
    I kept my conversation with him in private messaging, so it has been kept quiet. I'm actually not stupid!

So I'm just guessing when I say it happened at frome surgery?
  • WTFH
    WTFH Posts: 2,266 Forumite
    Options
    I've just had a great experience with MyHermes. They tried to deliver when my wife was out walking the dog. The driver put a card through the door with her phone number on it. I phoned that evening and she came back the next morning. I was polite, she was polite. I was happy.
    1. Have you tried to Google the answer?
    2. If you were in the other person's shoes, how would you react?
    3. Do you want a quick answer or better understanding?
  • NikNox
    Options
    goater78 wrote: »
    So I'm just guessing when I say it happened at frome surgery?

Actually, I do not work there, so it is a guess. But, I fail to see what point you're trying to make?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NikNox wrote: »
    Actually, I do not work there, so it is a guess. But, I fail to see what point you're trying to make?

I'm just saying its obvious what poster you are on the FB wall and that profile links to frome surgery. I don't think its sensible to link forum names with reality.
  • NikNox
    Options
    goater78 wrote: »
    I'm just saying its obvious what poster you are on the FB wall and that profile links to frome surgery. I don't think its sensible to link forum names with reality.

Well I personally don't have an issue with that, and I haven't broken any rules. We'll just have to differ on that.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You could always book a 'collection' on the Hermes website, confront the driver when he gets to the practice then cancel the collection & get a refund (and yes Hermes do give refunds on failed collections).

But don't be surprised if the driver flips out :)
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    arcon5 wrote: »
    You could always book a 'collection' on the Hermes website, confront the driver when he gets to the practice then cancel the collection & get a refund (and yes Hermes do give refunds on failed collections).

But don't be surprised if the driver flips out :)

but by that time the driver will have been hung/drawn/quartered and castrated if op has her way:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport