IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye judgment

Options

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    edited 11 April 2014 at 8:33AM
    Options
    She didn't ignore the claim though, she went to the range and they told her it was cancelled! And as for more recent forms of this, the coop is doing the same for CEL claims, people are trusting big national companies, with supposedly good reputations to abide by what they are saying.

Yes it's not the way to do things as it says what to do with all the paraphernalia you get with a mcol claim, but people who are facing this kind of thing simply are panicky and they do things perhaps not to procedure. And remember you are saying this with the benefit of hindsight. We would all do things differently.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I too am a sufferer from arthritis, and am the possessor of a pronounced trigger finger so I am not unsympathetic, but if you ignore court papers you create masses problems for yourself.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    if you ignore court papers you create masses problems for yourself.

Give it up Deep. Of course ignoring court papers creates problems. Even when you ignore court papers that have been sent vexatiously by an organisation determined to abuse the court process to harass you, it still causes problems. I am sure Lainee gets that!

Nevertheless, the CCJ was set aside by the court and the case referred by the court to POPLA where her appeal was upheld and the charge cancelled.

AS for her representative relying on the fact that she was a pensioner, when she is not - that is obviously an error, but an irrelevant one, since the case was not set aside on those grounds, nor was her successful appeal based on those grounds.

Sometimes you just have to know when to stop digging....

I'm out, as I don't want to feed this nonsensical debate about whether Lainee was responsible for the unlawful harassment she was subjected to!

Good luck to you Lainee - and to the MSE members who worked so hard behind the scenes to assist you.

Daisy
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • SevenTowers
    SevenTowers Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apologies Lainee, I think I am possibly the source of the pensioner mis-conception, I will go back and correct my posts now. I know that Benefits Master did not make the same mistake that I did.

I'm out too, this is my last post on the subject. I'm not going to respond to comments from The Deep.

Lainee, you know you have our full support - just have a look at the number of Thanks that Deep's posts have got compared to the rest. We'll stick with you through this and ensure that PE get their just desserts for preying on vulnerable members of society.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797).
  • skiptalker
    Options
    bazster wrote: »
    Mr. legend-in-his-own-lunchtime Deep.

so funny....i think after reading some of his posts a truly accurate description.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,566 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 April 2014 at 10:02PM
    Options
    'as a former diplomat, I always chose my words very carefully. '

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: - whether or not past tense 'chose' is a typo.

Then, 'Accuracy is my forte dear boy, what is yours?' contains 3 inaccuracies.

Back on Ignore The Deep goes for me, which I'm sure will provoke tears, wailing and gnashing of any[own]Deep teeth.:D

bazster, ColliesCarer, LazyDaisy, Seven Towers, Stroma, c-m, redx - AND all the behind-scenes true helpers, tireless posters, you are the ones lainieee knows to value, knows support her -and you prove it to her and others with every post.

lainieee, we'll continue to support you, accurately:). Full Easter Blessings right now. Just relax with daughter and extended family through the coming week. I'll join redx and donate sth from wkly pension if this is required. Going after the miscreants will feel very different to being hounded by them. redx and others will keep us updated.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 11 April 2014 at 12:09PM
    Options
    - whether or not past tense 'chose' is a typo.

Past tense, where is the typo?

http://www.gingersoftware.com/english-online/spelling-book/confusing-words/choose-chose

Accuracy is my forte dear boy, what is yours?' contains 2 inaccuracies.

Well do tell, I 'm !!!!!!ed if I can find them, unless that is you are suggesting a semi-colon after "boy", and that "yours" has an apostrophe, (it does not}.

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/yours/
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    - whether or not past tense 'chose' is a typo.

Past tense, where is the typo?

http://www.gingersoftware.com/english-online/spelling-book/confusing-words/choose-chose

Accuracy is my forte dear boy, what is yours?' contains 2 inaccuracies.

Well do tell, I 'm !!!!!!ed if I can find them, unless that is you are suggesting a semi-colon after "boy", and that "yours" has an apostrophe, (it does not}.

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/yours/

@The Deep see Post #2

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4919865&highlight=
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,566 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Merci millefois for that link, cc.

Appropriately Thanked.

More errors noted;)...persistent offender. See me after school.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• BenefitMaster
    BenefitMaster Posts: 641 Forumite
    edited 11 April 2014 at 1:14PM
    Options
    AS for her representative relying on the fact that she was a pensioner, when she is not - that is obviously an error, but an irrelevant one, since the case was not set aside on those grounds, nor was her successful appeal based on those grounds.

I never relied on her status as a disabled person or suggested she was a Pensioner, expect in being appointed as her Legal Adviser of record, in the interests of justice, a point that was agreed by the court and accepted with good grace by PE.

I have to say that ParkingEye were polite and courteous in this matter, and that as a result the matter of the PCN has been amicably resolved. This is why costs were not applied for at this stage.

As the remaining matters are under discussion with a trained team, I'm now not commenting further.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure