PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• CountingPennies
    Options
    No clothing budget this month due to half pay for sick, and youngest needed new school shoes and trousers for school so its had to come out of the food budget :( Managed to get shoes for £5 in sale in Mr T's along with a pair of decent teflon colated trousers for just £4. Ended up picking up some shaving foam too which was half price but still £2. Had to buy that one as DH has allergies. So a total of £11 spent today.

Will update sig.
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • First_Trouble
    Options
    Almost forgot that I get my £1.48 for the gw crisps as they are giving multipacks away for free so just need to send off my receipt and will receive money back and coupons off next purchase.
    That voice in your head that says you can’t do this is a LIAR!

Debt Free - January 2021 :D
  • fairy3
    fairy3 Posts: 511 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all and thank you for all the birthday wishes I had a lovely quiet day and am now in receipt of a massive box of chocolates from DS1 some thick socks and PJ's from DD1 and an IOU from DS2, celebrations are postponed until infection gone as antibiotics do not allow alcohol.
    Meal plan going well and have sorted a cupboard out in a vague attempt to bring some order to the chaos. Banana cake is waiting for some flour so small spend anticipated for 'bits' at the coop, am going with cash only as this is a big temptation just going in the flippin' shop! I can spot an orange sticker from 100 yards unfortunately.
    Hope everyone has a lovely evening

F x
    January 2020 Grocery challenge £119.45/£200 :)
    February 2020 Grocery challenge £195.22 /£200
    March 2020 - gone to pot...
    April 2020 - £339.45/£200
    May 2020 - £194.99/£300
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    NSD for me today too blummin cold to venture out, will just have to glamourise the fruit in fruit bowl for packed lunches tomorrow..............
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • natnat13
    natnat13 Posts: 646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all.
    I decided this morning whilst lying in bed to meal plan for the rest of the month! So went downstairs, raided cupboards, made a shopping list and meal list and went off to Mr Ls. Debated whether to go to Mr Ts but only needed basic stuff so Mr L won!
    Spent £44.69, while it was on the conveyer belt I guessed at under £50 and was right :D
    So my cupboards are full, I may need milk and fruit before the end of the month but should be ok for everything else. My signature is up-to-date so I will be chuffed if I come in at near that. Although the £180 was a guess. I could tighten things further, I bought a prepacked sandwich on Fri and a cake for me and a friend, but I think we all need a bit of wiggle room for things like that. However it is good to know I could cut back further if needed. Doing this makes me think about everything else too which is good. frugal all the way :j
    Mum to 2 DSs, dog mum, wife full-time worker.
    Keen to live a healthly lifestyle and save money
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    End of week one for my grocery budget. Came in at 32.70p out of 56.00, really pleased.

Spent the day cleaning, not the house but the animal's houses, really really tired and I've just worked out its exactly 13 weeks since my last hip replacement, so I suppose I shouldn't grumble.

Onto week two of my grocery challenge, already done my foodplan.
  • Bookworm42
    Options
    Just £4.10 in Mr T for bread & a paper.I'm definitely better at stepping away from the "bargains".
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Zafiro :T
    Thanks sequeena, I was just down trying to make ends meet. I've bounced back now :D

A small spend of 88p today on fruit. I was messing on in the local fruit shop and when he asked what he could get me I said that depends. What fruit can I get for £1? He giggled and loaded up quite a few bananas and grapefruits. I only had 88p in change so he took that instead of changing my note :o I must have £3 -£4 worth :)
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My grocery account was looking healthy this weekend and Mr Mooo is away for a few days (so I'll save a fortune!) so I used the opportunity to stock up on things like lentils, stock cubes, batteries and so forth that'll help with next month.

I have £58.22 left and eight days till I get paid. I'd love to end the month with £50 left, so that's my new target.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all,

Spend £12 at £land today - toothpaste, toothbrushes, general house stuff

Another £14 at L&dl,s, bought 6 x pork steaks, 5 for freezer, one for dinner, bin bags, clementines and got lured into buying choc croisants (sp)

Final spend was OH,s fault :o, he was late picking me up, so I ended up buying a gorgous dress from Wallis, £20 down from £60 - now, I don,t do dresses, but have a wedding to attend in new year, and its a grey/mushroom colour with off white spots all over, and its a very 40's style fit and flare style - the only one there and in my size - it was destiny - have used some of my xmas savings to buy it, not food money.

So another £28 to add to siggie

Off to watch strictly now :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business