PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    Faete wrote: »
    Ouch! Hope it clears up soon!

Fae xx
    Thankyou x
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    Options
    (((Hugs))) soworried

£9.59 spent today on a chicken, pork steaks, chocolate coins, Yorkshire puddings, veg, some vegetarian bits and clementines.
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • MummyBobble
    Options
    zafiro1984 wrote: »
    I bet you are not really feeling:eek: I bet you are feeling quite proud of DD and DS, and so you should be :)

Yes, I am very proud of them for so many things, but if you saw my kitchen after they've finished it's not so much:eek: as :eek: :eek: :eek: heehee
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    Been woken up by one of the cats, so just reporting another NSD. Will be needing a few bits tomorrow though (tomatoes, cucumber, hot choc ... can't think what else) or will add it to biggish Mr.T shop due Monday or Tuesday.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £106.38 May £?
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • nearlytherenow
    Options
    I am the same with food... shopping like mad for food when there is no need

Pleased its not just me! I'm trying to get better. One of the ways I have done this is reducing the number of cupboards in the kitchen that are food cupboards. That way the cupboards are full with me needing less food!
    January grocery challenge £0/£300

DFW2017 #49 £356/£8031
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Have had another NSD yesterday so that'll be 7 so far this month which I'm really pleased with. Will probably be another NSD today as have no plans to go out but sometimes DH decides we'll go out somewhere Sunday afternoon and end up spending unplanned money! - so won't declar today as NSD yet!

Denise
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Feeling virtuous - been to the gym this morning and went via pound shop to get bird seed and fat balls. Now the birds are having a feeding frenzy out in the back garden. Very thick frost and some ice here today but a beautiful day nonetheless; clear blue sky and sunshine. Going to take advantage of the weather and have a walk at our local country park when OH gets up from his nightshift.

Going to make mousakka soon which we will have with stir fried cabbage tonight. We will have this over 2 nights probably.
  • beth2242
    beth2242 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    Past few days haven't quite gone to plan. Nipped into Mr A yesterday with OH for 'a few bits' and managed to come out £61 down :( will definitely not go shopping with him again as he throws everything in he wants without looking at cost and thinking do we need it!
    only £28.85 remaining for groceries until 27 Nov! :mad: In fact I think this is less as I spent roughly £17 at corner shop on Friday night for weekend drinks and a few bits we needed for tea. But can't find the receipt so will change signature when I find out exactly how much it was.
    Frugal living for the next 2 weeks for us :mad:
    GC- June £0/£150

OD
    £0/£1500 OD £6.23/£900
    Debt paid-£6.23/£2400
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    NSD again as I have no intentions of going out today.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £106.38 May £?
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • First_Trouble
    Options
    I think the budget is well and truly blown. Did some shopping in a*da, saints bobs and mr T
    A*sda - crisps, golden wonder crisps, milk, coke zero, toilet roll, Jaffa cakes, bacon, chicken, beans, sp oven chips and yogurt - £16.83
    Sainsbobs - Colgate total toothpaste x 2 & ys fresh rosemary (had 2 coupons for 50p off Colgate total products - £2.19
    Mr T - various ys products mushrooms, stir fry sauce & Halloween rtc 50p
    each, milk, ginsters slices, bread, nestle cereal £1.24(£1 off coupon used bringing it to 24p :) ), peanuts, onions, hot dog rolls & ham - £15.30

Total haul - £34.32
    Shopitize cb - £5.20
    Total after cb - £29.12

Still forgot eggs and lasagne sheets! Even though I had a list not sure how I managed that one. Think I was to preoccupied with rummaging in the ys shelves. Off to update my sig.
    That voice in your head that says you can’t do this is a LIAR!

Debt Free - January 2021 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport