PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• K9sandFelines
    Options
    Morning all. £4.12 spend yesterday on YS grapes, YS apples, YS mozzarella and veggie kievs. Think that was it.

Will update sig now.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • couponchaos
    Options
    Small spend yesterday on loo roll and onions. Will update sig.
    :j Good things come to those who coupon. :j

GC August £122.75/150 September 188.76/200 October £97.40/ £120 November £90.20/£100
    December £136.20/£180 January £98.50/£120
    February £91.50/ £100
    March £97.50/£100
    May £129.20/ £130
    June £135/£150
    July £40/£100
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,521 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all,

Spent £66.54 at Ald! Yesterday, but that included 2 bottles of booze for Xmas at £11.48, so £55 of GC.

This was my first 'full shop' from Alds and I was quiet impressed.:j

This also included 6x grapefruits at 25p ea to make marmalade for xmas prezzies:D

Have a fab weekend all x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh dear, spent £20 on utter rubbish yesterday! Only went in to get milk! Will update now.
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Oh dear, spent £20 on utter rubbish yesterday! Only went in to get milk! Will update now.

Its so easy to do isn't it? :o
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    Its so easy to do isn't it? :o

Yes it is far too easy! I am so annoyed with myself as it wasnt even remotely healthy! I got wine, pizza, sweets and chocolate (and also the milk i went in for!)...

Oh well, no point beating myself up about it. I used to do this at least 2-3 times a week :o so the fact that this is the first time in a few months is a GOOD thing...right? ;)
  • fairy3
    fairy3 Posts: 511 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all and happy birthday to me! Can't believe how quickly this thread grows! There are some really inventive folk out there. Still got the lurgy but slightly better with antibiotics which has curbed my shopping addiction as too miserable to go out. Still managed to spend £46.42/£150 but this included the 3 for 10 offer on meat at Sainsbugs and some of the bacon offcuts for £1.20 and still have a lot of it for the week.
    Have stretched the mince to 8 portions too with chilli and a shepherds pie, great minds think alike?
    Planned menu for the week -
    Saturday - Chilli/rice and tortilla chips with cheese
    Sunday - Roast chicken dinner with y puds and veggies
    Monday - Soup of the day (probably carrot and lentil) with HM garlic croutons
    Tuesday - Chinese chicken curry (LO roast) with mixed mushrooms (found in jar in cupboard) with noodles/onions
    Wednesday - Bacon, potato and cheese bake with cabbage/carrots
    Thursday - Jalopeno burgers (YS 99p Morri's finest from £3.50) with HM coleslaw and potato wedges
    Friday - Shepherds Pie with veggies (whatever's left!)

Hopefully will just need bread and milk in the week. Have 4 very ripe bananas which I may try and make into a cake.

Have a lovely weekend

F x
    January 2020 Grocery challenge £119.45/£200 :)
    February 2020 Grocery challenge £195.22 /£200
    March 2020 - gone to pot...
    April 2020 - £339.45/£200
    May 2020 - £194.99/£300
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FAIRY!! Have a great day :)
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Yes it is far too easy! I am so annoyed with myself as it wasnt even remotely healthy! I got wine, pizza, sweets and chocolate (and also the milk i went in for!)...

Oh well, no point beating myself up about it. I used to do this at least 2-3 times a week :o so the fact that this is the first time in a few months is a GOOD thing...right? ;)

Thats really good! I still do it every few weeks :rotfl:

Happy birthday Fairy! Hope you have a lovely day and get better soon.

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • MummyBobble
    Options
    Think I may be very lucky with DD16 and DS13.

On Wednesday DD came home from school and by the time I got in had used a pack of YS sausages, an onion, some manky mushrooms, a carton of smartprice tomatoes and half a jar of smartprice chilli sauce to make a spicy sausage pasta for tea.

On Thursday DS decided it was his turn and made a shepherds pie with some YS lamb mince, onion, more of the aforementioned manky mushrooms, some even more manky carrots and some way past their use by date potatoes.

Very pleased that they are already able to rummage around to see what we have in and make something from it (they're probably better at it than I am!). Now I just need to get them better trained on the clearing up as you go along and washing up... :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure