IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Providence St, Wakefield Car Park Charge

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    seanavfc92 wrote: »
    PCN number and nothing else other than that?

I would furnish them with vehicle registration, PCN no, rough time of entry to car park/purchase of ticket , date etc. In fact, everything they might need to check it out.
  • Guys_Dad wrote: »
    I would furnish them with vehicle registration, PCN no, rough time of entry to car park/purchase of ticket , date etc. In fact, everything they might need to check it out.

Thanks, appeal sent off now.

See how long it takes to come back!
    "No sacrifice, no victory"
    - Transformers (2007)
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks, Guy's Dad - excellent advice :beer:

OP let us know when you have a reply. If this had been PE I would have put money on them cancelling the charge (despite their bad press, they have a good track record for dealing with genuine user error when inputting car reg). It will be interesting to see if Excell is as reasonable.

D
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • seanavfc92
    seanavfc92 Posts: 231 Forumite
    edited 23 October 2013 at 1:01PM
    Thanks, Guy's Dad - excellent advice :beer:

OP let us know when you have a reply. If this had been PE I would have put money on them cancelling the charge (despite their bad press, they have a good track record for dealing with genuine user error when inputting car reg). It will be interesting to see if Excell is as reasonable.

D

Like I said in my OP, there was one other car in the car park at the time, so there will definitely not have been any loss to them for the driver parking there!

Again, thank you for your help. Really is appreciated! :)

I do hope it gets cancelled at this stage!
    - Transformers (2007)
  • Does the automated email they send class as their acknowledgement?
    - Transformers (2007)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Yep, it does. So now just await their full response which comes by post in the next month.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yep, it does. So now just await their full response which comes by post in the next month.

Okay, thank you. How many days do they have to come back with a verdict? Is it up to 35 days?

In the mean time, it's just a case of reading up on POPLA and having a look at previous successful appeals?
    - Transformers (2007)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 October 2013 at 10:52PM
    Complaining to the Retail Park is what I would do while waiting, because I do think it is ALWAYS worth bothering to complain about the harassment and intimidation of their paying customers by scumbags like Excel.

And yep technically it's around 35 days, give or take. But Excel have 'form' for often sending a template reply pretending you have to tell them who was driving. See how to respond to that if you get it, by reading other Excel threads from people who have been there, done that. Just use the 'search this forum' heading next to 'forum tools' on the right above the threads on page one of this forum board. Put in one keyword 'Excel' and change the default search to 'show posts' instead of show threads.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • seanavfc92
    seanavfc92 Posts: 231 Forumite
    edited 24 October 2013 at 1:01PM
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Complaining to the Retail Park is what I would do while waiting, because I do think it is ALWAYS worth bothering to complain about the harassment and intimidation of their paying customers by scumbags like Excel.

And yep technically it's around 35 days, give or take. But Excel have 'form' for often sending a template reply pretending you have to tell them who was driving. See how to respond to that if you get it, by reading other Excel threads from people who have been there, done that. Just use the 'search this forum' heading next to 'forum tools' on the right above the threads on page one of this forum board. Put in one keyword 'Excel' and change the default search to 'show posts' instead of show threads.

It wasn't a Retail Park that I parked at, unfortunately. It was just a piece of land made in to a car park, which is proving difficult to find the details of the landowner.
    - Transformers (2007)
  • In the mean time, how do they obtain the RK's details? It says on the PCN that
    having "Reasonable Cause" that a contravention occured through a breach of the car park terms and conditions and that a charge is now owed, your details were either obtained from the DVLA as the Registered Keeper/Owner of the vehicle OR the Registered Keeper has named you as the driver at the time of the contravention. If you believe your data has been used inappropriately or is incorrect you may contact the Information Commissioner or the DVLA and raise your concerns.

Is this the case? Because having read the AOS website, it states that
    Alongside the launch of the AOS in 2007, DVLA announced that any company/organisation accessing Vehicle Keeper data via an electronic request process that is not a Local Authority or Government Organisation must be a member of an Accredited Trade Association (ATA).

The BPA welcomed this change but called for further restriction, as it did not refer to postal applications from operators. In 2009, DVLA published a consultation to close the loophole and from 23 November 2009, all operators that request information accessing vehicle keeper data, whether electronically or by post, must either be a member of an ATA or be regulated by government or legislation.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, please let me know. I just want to make sure they've obtained the RK's details correctly!
    - Transformers (2007)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family