PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Going to try and have a sort out and rearrange of freezer this afternoon, I've turned the fridge freezer back on as an overflow (mainly for the fridge space) as DD and Bf are here this weekend so I can use that if it looks like it's going to take ages and I need to house stuff temporarily. I had an order of where things were before, and the little freezer was mainly fruit/veg/herbs, but I've stuffed them in all over the place in the big freezer, lots of little packs which are forming a barrier across the front of the shelves and stopping me getting to the stuff behind them and I haven't had any blackberries for ages either as I'm not sure where they are so I'm using the blackcurrants too quickly as they're at the front, and there are less of them and a new season of blackberry picking just starting :o:o

In: Bit of YS salami chopped up, more basil from my plants, courgettes from garden, 3 packs of YS pitta breads
    Out: Chicken breast, tortilla wrap, blackcurrants
  • maisymoo5
    maisymoo5 Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Congrats Dannie, you are certainly making excellent progress again.

In
    2 packets of magnum type lollies
    1 packet of chicken, tomato and basil chipolatas
    1 packet of sliced ham
    1 packet of oven chips

Out
    nothing
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    During the past 5 days its been as follows –

Out of freezer – small chicken, ½ a round crusty loaf, mushroom slices

Into freezer – 3 portions of cooked chicken, 1 large smoked haddock, 4 bread rolls, 3 slices lorne sausage, ¾ loaf of bread

Used up – tub cottage cheese, ½ cucumber, 6 apricots, ½ watermelon, 2 beef tomatoes, ½ block feta, ½ block halloumi.

The remaining cheese, salads and fruit should get used up in breakfast & lunches through the week, fingers crossed.

I went to another farmers market today, primarily for fish and the artisan bread, the local shops had decided to offer a 10% discount so, as you do, I went to the butchers shop got 1lb of steak mince and ½lb ox liver – mince has been cooked and once cooled I’ll portion and add to my freezer ready meals, I’ll cook, eat some and freeze some of the liver tomorrow.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 July 2018 at 7:43PM
    Options
    In: minced lamb, toulouse sausages
    Out: chicken thighs, root veg soup
    Used up: aubergine, peppers, courgette, mushrooms, sweet potato, red onions (made a big tray of roasted veg)
    Ditched: "Furry" strawberries, 1/2 a mouldy wedge of lemon
  • dannie
    dannie Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks maisymoo,

It's "a good job" I like breads and desserts! Currently, 9 more to use before the end of the month.
  • caronc
    Options
    Finally got the rest of the butcher's order in the freezer
    In: pork chops, lamb rump steaks
    Out: naan bread, piece of baguette

Used up: tomato/red pepper paste, tomato, lettuce, satsumas
  • dannie
    Options
    Used up 13 out of the 21 breads and desserts recipes so far.

There were plenty of "yellow-stickers" available for my local weekend shopping. Didn't get any of them. Just two small food flavourings purchased for the store cupboard. Whilst out, found some blackcurrants but only a few raspberries and blackberries.
  • maisymoo5
    maisymoo5 Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    In
    nothing

out
    1 magnum
    4 turkey burgers
    1 chicken breast
  • caronc
    Options
    In: pollock, pitta bread, tinned corn, tinned carrots, coffee
    Out: tea bags, bread slices

Used up: jerk chicken, roasted veg
  • dannie
    Options
    Used up 14 out of the 21 breads and desserts recipes so far. Might just manage the others before the end of the month?

Online (food) grocery order should come today but recent deliveries have been very much incomplete.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure