PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• mrssd
    mrssd Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »

mrssd it is lovely that you and JOE have met, sounds like a lovely mutually beneficial relationship/budding friendship. So pleased that you have a mutt in your life too, we are coming to the age (or perhaps already there:() that when miss furry MM passes on we may well be too old to have another one live with us and that is an awful thought.
    Thanks, maddiemay. It is obvious that Joe misses his wife enormously. He showed me a photo of her today taken when she was quite young and she was very pretty. They never had any family, so his pain is even greater, I imagine. He has also taken to the mutt, even though he did dig a great big hole amongst his lettuces!

We thought we were too old for another dog, also, but adopted a slightly older one from the Dogs' Trust and they were great in ensuring that the dog matched us and our capabilities. He's been hard work (still is!) but he follows me around all day and then follows OH around when he gets in from work.

You can be foster parents to a dog from Dogs' Trust if you do not want to commit to a permanent addition (although many do become permanent) and there is also a scheme whereby you can leave specific instructions re any pets you may leave behind if anything happens to you: includes things like going into a nursing home etc., as well as the obvious one.

I know it sounds daft, but we both love the little fella - even if he does wake us in the middle of the night by wanting on the bed, out for a pee, or just wants to play: It's like having a toddler in the house!
  • mrssd
    mrssd Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OUT FOR JOE: Beef and barley stew and dumplings. Chicken casserole. Apple pie. Parkin.
    I'll take these to him in the morning, as we are away most of the weekend.
    IN: Runners, a lettuce and more blackcurrants from Joe.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    In (sideways move :p) : chicken from fridge which we're not going to use in time
    Out : nothing
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    IN Chicken thighs, must decide what I am making from them for supper tonight. Eggs. Cherries.

OUT some french fries and chips, more salad, HB eggs.

FINISHED Cucumber, sausages, pack of eggs.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yesterday
    In: HM pesto
    Out: lamb keema, chickpea/lentil/veg mix, pitta
    Used up: turkey, orzo with pesto, celery
  • dannie
    dannie Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lots of fresh salad, fresh vegetables, peanuts that are getting "old", protein powder recipes, "toffoo" (i.e. tofu), nori sheets, dressings, pastes and sauces have been my main focus to use up. Also, still finding more black currants and have frozen quite a lot. Will also need freezer space for the blackberry season.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    I've lost track of where everything is since i got rid of the fridge freezer and moved all the frozen into the big freezer.

I'm still keeping track of what goes in and out and making a note of which shelf new things are on, but the things from the little freezer are still marked as being in there on my inventory, not where they are now, and it's a bit full to search properly! Time to take it all out and rearrange and redo inventory I think!

Another neutral day today as having a birthday meal at sister's house and we won't use anything for breakfast/lunch

Out: nothing
    In: nothing
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yesterday:
    In: nothing
    Out: tattie scone, corn cob
    Used up: cheddar
  • dannie
    dannie Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No weekend (local) shopping purchases. Online food grocery order could be next week depending upon the person I share delivery costs with. A big gap to use up food "stores" then, that is if nothing is acquired locally.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lost track a bit over the weekend:(

IN - Sponge dough loaf and potato salad as I was passing farm shop (both yummy).

Finished - Lightly dusted haddock, cu, celery, beetroot. box of tea bags, orange squash. Carton of butter.

IN FREEZER - 1 portion Chicken Satay. 1/2 large cheese scone.

May have light lunch/snack out today we need to go out and about for a few things, will incorporate visit to local NT garden (which of course has a cafe:D)
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback