PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Older

Yes cashew butter and porridge is yummy! I have tried to ween some of those veggies from Kirri, but she wont shift!

I had a vegetarian day yesterday, as I had a little tummy trouble, so finished off my jewelled bulgar lol and had a couple rounds of granary toast. Also did my plum butter, it is yummy, but 2 punnets doesn't make a lot at all, I had it with some yogurt and granola, was delish!

Taken out some pork chops today, going to have it with veg and rice, nothing exciting!
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • sharond101
    sharond101 Posts: 833 Forumite
    Options
    Really wish I lived near you Kirri, I'd be chuffed to find someone who could sell me genuinely homegrown fresh veggies. Now you've put the idea of a haloumi sandwich in my head, I want one too so I'll add haloumi to the shopping list

Ms NR, I have exciting porridge news: Had my chocolate porridge as usual this morning but the frozen berries were looking a bit yuk so on a search through the cupboard it occurred to me to try a dessert spoon of cashew nut butter stirred through instead. Well, what a revelation, it is totally delicious (not unlike eating a slightly less sweet Snickers bar). I'm hooked!:rotfl:

My BIL does sticky toffee pudding in his porridge:p
  • cheerfulness4
    cheerfulness4 Posts: 2,874 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    OUT - 4 Sausages

IN - 1/3 French loaf

Tomorrow I tackle the freezer inventory. Must also use up some bacon in the fridge within the next couple of days. Feel a bacon, garlic and pasta dish coming on Tuesday. Tomorrow is taken care of.
  • Older_But_Not_Wiser
    Options
    sharond101 wrote: »
    My BIL does sticky toffee pudding in his porridge:p

Ooh, now that sounds interesting, how does he make it? I've got some caramel sauce already so I guess I could just get some chopped dried dates or is it a bit more complicated?

MsNR, I've never heard of plum butter before so had to google it. Is it a sort of jam? Sounds lush whatever it is!
  • recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    I've just joined the grocery challenge for August, but I need to use up what I have in, so I am coming back here if that's okay! I am starting tomorrow, with a chicken from the freezer with new potatoes, cabbage and cauliflower for dinner, and hm roasted butternut squash and tomato soup from freezer for lunch. Need to get back on my diet too! I will have porridge or Weetabix for breakfast every day, with fruit. I made two bun loaves earlier, to use up dried fruit and date up eggs, so will freeze them.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • barneydee_2
    barneydee_2 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join please, I to have joined the august grocery challenge I need to save money as due to poor health my oh is not up to decorating so I am going to pay some one to do it for me .
    My cupboards are fit to burst, my fridge/frezer are full, I love cooking so have got loads of herbs & spice ,flavoured oils & vinegars & some unusual ingredients plus lots of pulses so are going to Have a couple of veggie days a week probably from "a girl could Jack cook book" .
    Breakfast was porridge with blueberries & strawberries drizzeled with honey
    Lunch hm hummus to us up chickpeas already opened salad & pitta
    Dinner roast chicken new pots me oh roast chicken chips & beans
    Dee x
    July grocery challenge £250.00/£408.93
    August grocery challenge£350.00
    2/8£28.46
  • cheerfulness4
    cheerfulness4 Posts: 2,874 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    OUT - Tub of leftover hm bubble & squeak mix

IN - Nothing

Was wondering if you can freeze tinned chickpeas. I've got a massive tin that would last ages so thought of making some hummus and then freezing the rest for recipes.
    Would they be okay to use do you think?
  • sharond101
    sharond101 Posts: 833 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh, now that sounds interesting, how does he make it? I've got some caramel sauce already so I guess I could just get some chopped dried dates or is it a bit more complicated?

MsNR, I've never heard of plum butter before so had to google it. Is it a sort of jam? Sounds lush whatever it is!

It's this one, http://www.food.com/recipe/sticky-toffee-pudding-280908
  • Older_But_Not_Wiser
    Options
    I really need to step away from this thread, you're all putting ideas into my head (have added sticky toffee pudding and bubble & squeak to my 'must eat soon' list!):D

Still munching my salads which is all I have in the house but off out for two lots of coffee & cake and a nice lunch tomorrow, and away for the weekend so I'll just make so with the salads in-between times. Could really fancy a nice roast dinner as well but too idle to shop for/cook it...
  • kb_soma
    kb_soma Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello everyone, can I join in this month? I have a freezer full and cupboards full. I've been stock piling again!

Starting by tonight cooking some mince beef and pork with chickpeas and couscous.
    LBM: NOVEMBER 2011 || debt free date:30/06/15 || The Fighting Debt Army: #442 || Frugal Living Challenge 2018 || January 2018 Grocery £1.22/£100 ||
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback