Mortgage free by 50!!!!

Options

Comments

• sleepygirl126
    Options
    oh SS...it comes so quickly...it doesn't seem 5 mins since DS was in playgroup and now he's year 5:eek:and he won't walk home from school with me anymore!!lol

Had a potter round Mr A on my first day off today...had a good root in the whoops' shelves (love these)

Spent under a tenner and I had:
    12 bags crisps, 6 eggs, mozzarella, 6 yoghurts, 2 peppers, courgette, 2 large carrots, a swede, garlic bread, large loaf of tiger bread, newspaper, puff pastry (can't make my own!), orange juice, 2 pasties and some scotch pancakes!!

I'm going to make roasted veg and mozzarella puff pastry bake for dinner....so easy and so tasty!!

I've got a stock cupboard full of basics too so that should be enough to last us til Friday if I get some fruit from the market tomorrow!:T
    Original mortgage £154,850 (2013)
    Mortgage now £148,370.15:beer:

Original savings £0 (2013)
    Savings now £3000 in ISA and premium bonds
    £60 in mini savings pot, £600 in Xmas vouchers
  • BlueMoo
    BlueMoo Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    :T A good haul!

Oh, I love puff pastry bakes - one of my faves is spinach and goats cheese.
    Such an easy meal, and so many delicious flavour combinations.
    M3 Dec2015 #160 Target £150,000 (BU £155000)
  • sleepygirl126
    Options
    oooh I'll try that one....I LOVE goats cheese!! Thanks BM

• sleepygirl126
    Options
    ooh I had a lovely day today.....dropped DS to school, walked the dog and then had coffee and a catch up with one of the girls:j

Then met another friend for lunch at the place where they gather the harvest....had a voucher for free puddings so I had salad, main meal, pudding and 2 diet cokes for a tenner!! It was fab and we had a great laugh.

Did a bit of stocking filler shopping for DS in the land of the pound...2 shower gels, horrid henry book, box of sweets, advent calendar and a beyblade....£6!! :D

Finished off with a quick tilly tidy of £2.41!

The only downside is having to do the ironing this evening! BOOOO!!

• sleepygirl126
    Options
    IT'S PAYDAY!!!!!:j

All my bills have been calculated, and my available money divided into 4 weekly amounts....probably only a basic OP this month with it being Crimble but I will try and make a few tilly tidies along the way!!

Off to A1di after the school run as I have the £5 off £40 voucher and I'm going to do a little bit of Xmas shopping too with my vouchers.....I still love spending!!:eek:I don't think I'll ever be anything but a recovering spendaholic!!

Not impressed with DS who has come home with a hole in the bottom of his good quality school shoes though....fancy choosing Xmas month to destroy them!! lol

Am back to work tomorrow for 6 shifts so happy Friday to those who are finishing up for the weekend!!

• sleepygirl126
    Options
    had some fantastic black Friday bargains yesterday....and no I wasn't fighting in the aisles!!:D
    It was all on my list except one thing so I went £8 over budget....DS has been fab this year and is good as gold so he deserves an extra computer game!! It was one he'd been enthusing over too!
    Took DS to his dad's this morning and shot off on my 10 hour shift, its been manic, got home and then walked the dog for an hour.
    Finally flopped down with some home made chips and the gorgeous Gary Barlow!
    Been good today...only spent £3 and am on shift for 5 more now so should be LSDs all week hopefully....unless DS has any more surprises from school!!! lol

• sleepygirl126
    Options
    Missing DS today...have just come home from work and he is at his dads...he'll be home tomorrow though.

Dog has just been walked and I'm going to have some lovely risotto bites from Mr S with rice and veggies..I'm going to have to do some ironing whilst watching X factor or I will be going to work in my pants tomorrow morning!!:eek:

Only spent £2 technically today out of my weekly spends although I did have to transfer £40 to DS's dad for new school shoes.....and no he didn't offer to buy them! The shoes have been budgeted for out of the bills account though so not too scary.....

Off to drink a cuppa now xx

• sleepygirl126
    Options
    A bit of positive news today....another debt is paid off next month!! If it wasn't Xmas month I would have scraped £40 together to pay it off but it will be gone on 2nd Jan!!:j

Picked DS up after my shift....spent 20 mins trying to put an Indian outfit together for his Indian assembly on Wednesday...he is demonstrating yoga apparently??!! lol!! Have settled with one of my tops that's quite loose on him and 3/4 baggy trousers...hope that it will be ok.

Was almost a LSD today...just bread, the newspaper and a lovely bag of crisps but the bin cleaners have just been and I owed them £12. It was in the budget though

Making fajitas for tea, I've been 10 hours again today so am starving!! I'm a celeb for entertainment tonight and a quick hoover and tidy up!!

• sleepygirl126
    Options
    I made a cheeky tilly tidy of 63p from the odd pence in my current account....this is the best MSE ever...amazing how it adds up!

Sent DS to school with dinner money,raffle tickets, reading book, newspapers and India day clothes today....I'd like to place a bet now that he'll probably remember to hand in about 2 of those items!! lol

I'm hoping for LSD today..have cooked my dinner this morning to take on afternoons (mashed potatoes,veggies, risotto bites and a yogurt) so I should only need to spend 50p on my paper....fingers crossed!

Off to walk my lab now by the river:)

• sleepygirl126
    Options
    busy day today....been to DS' assembly, walked the dog, cooked roast dinner for my 2 shifts tonight and tomorrow to take to work...can't stand rubbish microwave meals!!

Just organising some bits for PTA now (I am somehow the chairperson this year....I think they ran out of sensible people!! lol) Making non alcoholic mulled wine and organising the tombola..my conservatory looks like a supermarket at the mo;)

Off to work at 12.30 for a 9 hour shift...last one tomorrow hurrah!!!:j
    My money saving has gone a bit haywire today...checked my account and realised I'd forgotten a paypal payment so I only have £8 left in my account instead of the expected £23!! Doh!!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts