Mortgage free by 50!!!!

Options

Comments

• sleepygirl126
    Options
    I've been squirrelling a few little OPs away this month....I'm going to total them at the end of the month and see how I've done..it's amazing how a few Tilly-tidies can really add up....another £1.46 today:D

Only real expenditure this week apart from the obligatory petrol and food was a onesie for DS to wear to school today for Children in Need!! He's refused one before but they are cool now so that will save me buying new pyjamas anyway!

Off to afternoon shifts now....last one so weekend off and a good catch up on everyone's diaries! happy Friday everyone:T
    Original mortgage £154,850 (2013)
    Mortgage now £148,370.15:beer:

Original savings £0 (2013)
    Savings now £3000 in ISA and premium bonds
    £60 in mini savings pot, £600 in Xmas vouchers
  • sleepygirl126
    Options
    did our food shop at mr t today.....had vouchers after doubling up my points so bought myself some desperately needed new boots and DS another onesie so he can have one at each parent's house.....the boots and the onesie only cost me £2 out of pocket....love a bit of free!!:j

The rest of the food shop only came to £32 for the week....had plenty still from last week. There were pizzas in the bargain bin so we are having those and homemade wedges for tea and Xfactor tonight!!

Still plodding on with one poll and yougov....am getting inspired by some MFWs getting close to their onepoll target..I have a way to go!!

DS had friends round all afternoon so that just cost me some hot chocolate and cakes from the cupboard!!

• sleepygirl126
    Options
    I've been making meal planners for each week...it just helps me focus on what I need from the supermarket each week.

This week:

Saturday...pizzas and wedges
    Sunday...leftover pizza for DS, homemade feta and spinach bake for me with new potatoes and veg
    Monday....spicy breaded chicken for DS, feta and spinach again for me with roast potatoes, carrots and broccoli
    Tuesday....pasta bake, garlic bread and peas
    Weds...spicy breaded chicken for DS, Spanish tortilla for me with potatoes in a cheese sauce and veggies
    Thurs...fajitas, rice, refried beans
    Fri.....good old egg,chips and beans

I'm looking forward to this lot:rotfl:

Two posts in one day....I'm getting obsessional!! lol

• sleepygirl126
    Options
    I'm feeling a bit downhearted today....spoke to my mortgage company last week to see if I could change over to repayment...they quoted me a repayment of £900 a month which is impossible!!:eek:

So I rang a recommended mortgage broker this morning thinking he could find me a better deal....he said I would have to pay another 12k off the mortgage before anyone with a reasonable rate would touch me because it's so high and I only have a household income of 30k a year:mad:

P*ssed off dot com and stuck on IO for probably another 3 years

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    What is the debt you are paying off - would it not make sense to pay that off first?

Will the mortgage co consider part IO part repayment?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • sleepygirl126
    Options
    You're entirely right GG....my debt does need to come first...it's a DMP made up of credit cards etc from my own stupidity!

I'm just worried about interest rates going up and me not being able to pay my mortgage!

My DMP is a constant £260 a month and the debt is clearing really well now....I've been OP the mortgage too just to try and get some of the capital down in case the rates go up.

I've been reading the stories of the poor Filipino people which is putting my issue into prospective today.....gonna give myself a good slap now and stop feeling sorry for myself!!:D

• sleepygirl126
    Options
    GG.....I owe you a huge thankyou!!!!!
    I rang the mortgage company back and they said I can switch to a part repayment, part IO!!!!!:j
    I'm so happy....it's only going up by a bit more than I regularly OP anyway and I can still OP and move to a repayment mortgage when my debts are cleared!!!! I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere!!!

Thanks so so much xx

• lilyp
    lilyp Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    Whoop whoop:j

Well done SG and GG. Love seeing how this board can really help people who are trying to turn their life around.
  • sleepygirl126
    Options
    Thankyou Lily....it gets better again today....

I've only gone and won tickets to the X FACTOR FINAL!!!!!!!!

The ultimate MSE night out....totally free, a host of stars and Wembley!!!

• EchoDelta
    Options
    Great news on going part repayment on your mortgage :j

And oh my word what a great prize!!!! Enjoy!
    Sealed Pot Challenge - No. 117
    Bank of Mum & Dad - £3150/£10,000 (£6850 to go) Bank of In Laws - £4600/£12,000 (£7400 to go)
    MFW - MFD - [STRIKE]5 Apr 2029[/STRIKE] 5 June 2025 : AIM = NOV 2019 (back up aim = MAR 2023)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure