Here we go again. LBM number a million

Options

Comments

• millionaire_in_training
    Options
    Snow tomorrow Ali apparently. Canny wait .............NOT!! I hate it. The roads are a nightmare and as I live up the top of a hill it is just not easy.

So I think I said I could get DS's outfit for £110 all in. Ha bloody ha!! £176 :eek::eek: but I must say he looks awesome in it. 3 piece suit, shirt, 2 ties and £55 shoes :eek:. I don't mind spending the money on him as long as he looks after it all. He has been warned.I was then £20 in nando's for lunch and £5 for parking.Expensive day but I had a lovely wee time with DS and he is very happy. He has a date for the dance but he will not tell me who it is. I've told his sister to get the info :rotfl:

So I have done my ironing and just about to grab the polish and get started on lounge. Hopefully a couple of hours will sort out the whole house for me. Am determined to get it done today though so I can sit and watch telly and do nothing tomorrow x
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
    Options
    Been reading a thread called feed a family of 4 for £20 per week and it's fascinating. It's truly amazing how cheaply meals can be done. However there doesn't seem to be any fruit or snacks mentioned. I'm going to have a go after new year but will try and do it for £40 per week for 3 of us. It does show though that it can be done in particularly skint times. Brilliant stuff
    Options
    Just joined a challenge and put that I want to pay off as much of my BOS card by end of next year as 0% deal ends in Jan 2016. So I will finish off tesco first as only £280 left on that and then I will hammer BOS as much as I can.

I'm going to do this challenge an dthe grocery one come January as I can potentially make real savings on that if I get more organised. I'm excited again :D. I think I will pay it off though until the interest stops as I have a purchase on the card and then I will save the money up in a separate account and accrue some interest and pay it all off in the January. I'll see as I might be tempted to spend if the money is lying accessible to me. Lots of thoughts in my head just now as I am itching to get started
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    It's lovely to see you all positive again MiT.:T

Can you start a mini challenge of your own before the 'proper' challenges start?

Maybe keeping away from the local Co-op:rotfl:
  • Chocforever
    Options
    MiT, I was also pleased to see your new posts with a real fighting spirit! Following a very expensive 2014, I am looking for some enthusiasm to really get my unnecessary spending down next year so thanks for inspiring me to think about some targets.

I took a look at the thread on spending £20 per week on food. Thanks for the tip. I don't know how much I currently spend on food but I am confident it is more than that per week and I am only feeding myself. I know some people can just eat big meals and not snack but, like you, I am not one of those people. The success does seem to require planning to use ingredients efficiently and flexibility to use food which is on offer in the supermarkets. I am not sure I will achieve this but there is certainly scope for improvement and I am inspired by the amount of fresh fruit and vegetables they are incorporating. I will have a go and I will be interested to read how you get on.
    Mortgage, draw down Sept 2014: £222,000

Now: £173,229
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    I have just spent the morning reading the £20 a week thread - it's interesting but I don't know if we can do it.

I am definitely spending less money since I went gluten free - I used to buy quite a lot from the veggie freezer section like kievs, saus, veggie burgers etc for quick meals but they all contain wheat so I can't have them.
    I have to buy rehydrated veggie mince from H & B - it's only £1.89 per pack (I think it is 300g and with water added makes 1500g) so that is much cheaper than what I used to buy.

DH and 2 kids are not veggie or gluten-free but DH can't have onions or leeks so it makes for quite interesting meal times.

I am hoping to follow the thread for some ideas but in the New Year I want to build a pantry in my shed so that will need filling up but maybe in March I can start.

One idea it has given me which I have been meaning to do for ages is a cauliflower crust quiche - it is the only thing I really miss so I am going to try that today.
    Options
    Hi folks. Glad you enjoyed the thread. I'll not be able to do it for that price either and tbh I am not even going to try. So long as I stick to £200 for groceries per month I will be more than happy.

I slept for 10 hours last night :eek:. I must have needed it. I woke up at midday :o. Feel really refreshed now though.

I am however getting a feeling of dread about going back to work tomorrow. Not just a normal bleugh feeling after a week off but real anxiety. I know I am going on to get a letter regarding when my appeal will be and I also have a one on one meeting with my manager this week. Oh well I'm only in for 2 weeks and then off for Christmas and New Year. I'm sure I'll cope. I'm just concerned my mood will suffer again. Fingers crossed though that the meds will take care of that.

EE my mini challenge is the £280 tesco. If I can get rid of the majority of that before the start of the year then I will be delighted.

Remember we started the stone off for Christmas challenge? Has anyone managed it yet. I've lost 13lbs and am hoping to get at least 1 this week so I reckon I'll manage it. I'll maybe set another one for Easter after Christmas and keep myself motivated.

I'll be back later as have a few things to get done xx
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Weighed myself for the first time in a month. 2lbs on. Reckon I got off lightly.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options

I am however getting a feeling of dread about going back to work tomorrow. Not just a normal bleugh feeling after a week off but real anxiety.

Hi MiT!

I have exactly the same feeling :(

The best thing about these diaries is that we can know we are not alone in everything we are feeling.

Work is not just 'work' (bleugh) but serious grief at the moment and I feel that somebody is deliberately making me feel this way for their own kicks.

Let's say it.......onward and upwards :)

Hope this week goes OK for you.

Brogden x
    Options
    INOD 2lbs isn't too bad for a month. Brogden you and I must have same boss.

I've spent last 2 hours scrubbing, dusting, cleaning, hoovering and mopping and worked off my anxiety. I was thinking whilst working away and decided that the biatch is not going to win. I have never given up on anything and SHE will not make me start. I'm going in tomorrow with my metaphorical boxing gloves on and I will show her how wrong she is. Cow :rotfl:.

Anyway house is gleaming. The obsessive compuksive cleaners could come in with their wee machine and I would score a zero :rotfl:it's so clean. I love being organised , it's just a pity that it is souch a rare occasion. Big pot of soup on as snow is coming soon apparently and sky is black and heavy so it wouldn't surprise me, We need soup to heat us up when we come in. Kids like just heating up a plate when they get home. Cheap and healthy food.

So tonight we are having soup, then chicken, bread sauce, potatoes, SW roasties and cabbage. Yum. Canny wait xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts