Here we go again. LBM number a million

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    How lovely of your brother :A, but very well deserved. Great news about the food voucher and horrible boss being off too.

I hope you have a lovely night and it's more fun than sad Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good on your brother for doing that MiT. :T

Ahh another Family Guy fan - got DS's calendar online this year and saved about £3. Might have to go back to Poundland myself if they've got the socks here - I do wonder if I walk around with my eyes shut half the time not spotting stuff :rotfl:. Maybe better for my purse though :D

Glad you're getting some respite from Devil Manager too. You've got alot on your plate to deal with as it is and I hope you have a lovely evening with your friends.

:rotfl: at the Christmas bunting, have a :xmastree: to go with it :D

Chin up and a dodgy hug from me :grouphug:

x
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • millionaire_in_training
    Options
    Thanks guys. We had such a lovely evening. We laughed till we were sore. We took pics. We ate and chatted. We talked about the hospice and all the help that they were offering and today she had some reflexology which she really enjoyed. She was telling us though that she needs to get an i phone so she can get an app to do her speaking for her. This made us sad. It will be weird not being able to speak to her properly but she has such an amazing attitude that she makes you feel humble. Puts lots into perspective tbh. So bed as I am now exhausted. Just a half day in work tomorrow as I have my aunt's funeral in the afternoon and then DS and I can do our cleaning job which means I can have Saturday to have a long lie and do shopping etc and when I stop tomorrow I don't go back for 9 days :j:j:j
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
    Options
    Evening folks. Well I just spent £90 on a bag for my DD and I am very happy. It's a cambridge satchel and I got her initials on it as well with 20% off. She has lusted after one for ages and will totally love it. She'll get some money and not much else now :D.

Went to my Aunt's funeral today and she had written a letter to everyone :eek:. Her son read it out in church and it was so nice. Just said how proud she was of all her family and how she wants everyone to continue as they are and do her proud.

DS and I then went and did our cleaning job.

Pay day today and I haven't even checked my bank yet as I know how bad it looks :rotfl:

I'm feeling a lot better today weirdly. Wonder if it's because I don't need to work for 9 days ;)
    Options
    OOO glad I looked. I got £110 maintenance :-)
    Options
    I have had a great wee day. Lay in bed until 11.30 reading. Then tidied up and did some washing. Lay on couch watching telly and being on computer. I haven't even got out of my pyjamas :o. Been such a long time since I was able to do that and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Spent £1 today on a curly ulry and packet of quavers for tonight. I use my syns for them. Chicken drummers, turnip and potatoes for dinner then a yogurt. I'm so hungry and can smell it cooking.

Going to my Aunts tomorrow for lunch with the family so I will go to Morrisons on way in and get my shopping. I have 2 vouchers from the Sun and also danone and head and shoulders vouchers. I need to buy itchy scalp shampoo as my head is such a horrible mess. Apparently the itchiness I am experiencing is to do with menopause but me poor head is all scraped. I am getting my hair done on Thursday and I reckon it will be quite nippy if I can't get rid of the itch before then.

I don't need an awful lot of shopping this week so am hoping to be under £50. I'll pick up some flowers for my Mum and Aunty in Aldi before I go in.

Nothing else to tell you as been such a quiet day :)
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    OOO glad I looked. I got £110 maintenance :-)

:j:j:j:j:j Yay for that and pay day too. :T

Sounds like the perfect chillax day to recharge. Curly wurly and Quavers - I'll raise you a Toffee Crisp nom nom :rotfl:
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • oooo toffee crisp is my favourite or maybe a twirl Hmmm close contest that one.

Just did my end of month accounts and apparently I will be debt free in Dec 2025. I'll be 60 :eek:. That's my current minimum payment of £250 being made. Seriously ridiculous that I have so much CC debt that I need to pay £250 per month.Bloody stupidity tbh. I pay out nearly £400 per month minimum on debt and that's not including my mortgage. I could do so much with that money. I can't wait until Christmas is by so I can concentrate on paying it off again. I have a ton of cleaning shifts in January so hopefully can finish off tesco then as not going to manage in December sadly. Never mind.
    I have just looked back at my debt for the beginning of theyear and I am £900 higher than I was. That is absolutely ridiculous considering how much I have actually paid off this year. I did however add to it as well by getting my cladding etc. I need to really try next year not to add anything and just concentrate on getting it down a bit :mad::mad:. Depressed now ..............well am not really but I like being dramatic ;)
  • patanne
    patanne Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Options
    Unlurking/delurking once again re itchy scalp. Try aqueous cream, someone will be on soon to say it is not recommended, but my doctor says it is just out of fashion (for that read cheap). Put it all over your hair as long as possible before you intend to wash it, rub it into your hair and scalp. Then forget shampoo and add water and lather and continue as normal.

Scalp is just skin after all. Available at 99p per 500g tub. Don't get it from Boots - much too expensive.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    oooo toffee crisp is my favourite or maybe a twirl Hmmm close contest that one.

Just did my end of month accounts and apparently I will be debt free in Dec 2025. I'll be 60 :eek:. That's my current minimum payment of £250 being made. Seriously ridiculous that I have so much CC debt that I need to pay £250 per month.Bloody stupidity tbh. I pay out nearly £400 per month minimum on debt and that's not including my mortgage. I could do so much with that money. I can't wait until Christmas is by so I can concentrate on paying it off again. I have a ton of cleaning shifts in January so hopefully can finish off tesco then as not going to manage in December sadly. Never mind.
    I have just looked back at my debt for the beginning of theyear and I am £900 higher than I was. That is absolutely ridiculous considering how much I have actually paid off this year. I did however add to it as well by getting my cladding etc. I need to really try next year not to add anything and just concentrate on getting it down a bit :mad::mad:. Depressed now ..............well am not really but I like being dramatic ;)

I think you have to accept that when you are a home owner and in debt that at times your debt will increase if you haven't been able to save money towards repairs.

Just think how much the house would cost in 2015 if you hadn't done the work in 2014 - no doubt some major work would have been needed which would cost way more than you have spent.

Xmas is always a funny time of year, I am just debating whether to pay off more debt or wait until after Xmas.

I had my newest lightbulb moment in August when I realised my debt had decreased by £9 in 10 months:eek:. I have taken the bull by the horns have gone back to Payment A Day (I don't always make a payment every day but I do try for a few times a week) and have paid off about £900 so far (no including minimum payments).
    I am determined to get my debt shifted this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure