We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

marks and spencer online shopping - receipts not confirming sizes, no right to cancel

Options

Comments

• Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why are you ignoring the posters trying to help you?

WTFH put a link to the contact form in post 4, this was also pointed out to you in posts 6, 7 and 10.

The information you needed has been given yet you are still asking the same questions over and over. Follow the link given in post 4 and you'll be sorted.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • kate99999
    Options
    ahh - bingo! thank you very much - it has worked and I have managed to get through! thank you.

wealdroam wrote: »
    Did you miss the link that WTFH kindly provided for you:

I'll leave the rest of your gripes for someone else.
  • frugal_mike
    frugal_mike Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    Let us know if they reply :)
  • Slowhand
    Slowhand Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    kate99999 wrote: »
    ahh - bingo! thank you very much - it has worked and I have managed to get through! thank you.

I now understand why you struggled to find an email address on the M&S website.
  • fluffnutter
    fluffnutter Posts: 23,179 Forumite
    Options
    M&S aren't going to have a dodgy returns policy - they're just not. Any problems are likely to be user error.
    "Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward Abbey.
  • WTFH
    WTFH Posts: 2,266 Forumite
    Options
    Many businesses use a "contact us" form, rather than providing an email address. This is to stop spammers from flooding it. It also means that you can contact them directly quite easily.

Hopefully you'll hear back from them soon and it can all be sorted out.

(now can 10 other people copy this post and refer to it so that the OP sees it? ;) )
    1. Have you tried to Google the answer?
    2. If you were in the other person's shoes, how would you react?
    3. Do you want a quick answer or better understanding?
  • kate99999
    kate99999 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    OK so I have had the following response so far to the email:
    Thank you for contacting us, a member of our customer service team will respond to you shortly. This is an automated response, so please do not reply to this e-mail as it will not reach our inbox.

M&S have moved to a new email system. If you need to contact us in the future, pleaseclick the following link and pick the relevant subject title from the drop down menu:
    (removed as I cant post it)

No further response yet, and no response either to the contact form.
    But hopefully they will be in touch. Thank you for all your help!:)

And yes, all of this for a bra!

I never assumed that there was necessarily a deliberate 'con', however, the way the system is set up it actually blocked/made it highly difficult to access them - particularly only affecting the returns of goods. and yes I also work in customer services (don't most people nowadays to some extent) so am very familiar with the philosophy/necessity behind switching from an email address to some sort of form-based system (having investigated it many times for pros and cons), but I really hate one way FAQs as they are not a replacement for the opportunity to contact. For this business area, however, it would be the only company I know that has decided to adopt quite such a severe approach. Most other retailers provide email addresses with all communications, and often respond within hrs . I like m&S and it is a shame when you are disappointed in comparison to your expectations.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I never assumed that there was necessarily a deliberate 'con', however, the way the system is set up it actually blocked/made it highly difficult to access them - particularly only affecting the returns of goods. and yes I also work in customer services (don't most people nowadays to some extent) so am very familiar with the philosophy/necessity behind switching from an email address to some sort of form-based system (having investigated it many times for pros and cons), but I really hate one way FAQs as they are not a replacement for the opportunity to contact. For this business area, however, it would be the only company I know that has decided to adopt quite such a severe approach. Most other retailers provide email addresses with all communications, and often respond within hrs . I like m&S and it is a shame when you are disappointed in comparison to your expectations.

What are you talking about, the 'contact us by email' button was there all along :wall:
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • jacques_chirac
    Options
    HI Quizzical Squirrel,

it is! I checked through the online order history several times over the last few days expecting this and it was now exactly the same as what you probably found (as I did) on your despatch emails - i.e. with the sizes removed even on the order history. I've just logged in now and clicked on the order and now the sizes are there - don't know what happened but at least they are there now. so thank you for the response as whatever it was just as well I tried one last time! Just have to find an email address for contacting them about returning things now .... lots of info about returning in general, but few contact details! I can understand the idea about cutting down email traffic by using FAQs... but literally cutting all email communication possibilities out altogether? even companies like BT at least offer a 'form' to email them!

Fascinating how the information has been on every other account history but yours disappeared for a few days and then magically reappeared. Almost like, as with all your other gripes, you hadn't looked properly in the first place!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport