We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

marks and spencer online shopping - receipts not confirming sizes, no right to cancel

Options

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Or is a troll
  • kate99999
    Options
    wow! thank you, you lovely person
    hollydays wrote: »
    Or is a troll
  • kate99999
    Options
    I'm sorry I thought the forum was for asking for help. I did spend days checking this out thank you before coming here. Obviously you have been offended by me somehow.
    Fascinating how the information has been on every other account history but yours disappeared for a few days and then magically reappeared. Almost like, as with all your other gripes, you hadn't looked properly in the first place!
  • jacques_chirac
    Options
    kate99999 wrote: »
    I'm sorry I thought the forum was for asking for help. I did spend days checking this out thank you before coming here. Obviously you have been offended by me somehow.

Not offended, just rather dubious as to your story ;)
  • kate99999
    Options
    actually, and I rose above this at the time. but no, it wasn't there all along. I'd clicked on 'contact us' a number of times before asking the question, and the 'contact us by email' only appeared after I'd written on this forum. The same thing randomly happened with the account history. I am intelligent enough to not make assumptions about what happened (could have been something changing on their site, my account, my browsers etc - does it matter), but also logged everything I did and saw as I went through so I know that is accurate. My thinking was, as long as you get the end results, don't get petty and worry about it. I'd also sensed the mood of certain posters and thought it was not worth even mentioning.

and yes, it wasn't just me - a number of others also looked for me, with me.

I don't mind rising above such things, but please, don't try and rewrite history - you were not in my shoes, could not see what I saw and you don't know me. therefore I cannot understand the inaccurate assumptions that you have made.

and if I didn't respond to anything immediately, it was because I wasn't sat watching this website forum - doing other things such as trying the suggestions out. I don't understand why people who want to help don't also want to be tolerant, accepting and nice.

What are you talking about, the 'contact us by email' button was there all along :wall:
  • jacques_chirac
    Options
    kate99999 wrote: »
    actually, and I rose above this at the time. but no, it wasn't there all along. I'd clicked on 'contact us' a number of times before asking the question, and the 'contact us by email' only appeared after I'd written on this forum. The same thing randomly happened with the account history. I am intelligent enough to not make assumptions about what happened (could have been something changing on their site, my account, my browsers etc - does it matter), but also logged everything I did and saw as I went through so I know that is accurate. My thinking was, as long as you get the end results, don't get petty and worry about it. I'd also sensed the mood of certain posters and thought it was not worth even mentioning.

and yes, it wasn't just me - a number of others also looked for me, with me.

I don't mind rising above such things, but please, don't try and rewrite history - you were not in my shoes, could not see what I saw and you don't know me. therefore I cannot understand the inaccurate assumptions that you have made.

and if I didn't respond to anything immediately, it was because I wasn't sat watching this website forum - doing other things such as trying the suggestions out. I don't understand why people who want to help don't also want to be tolerant, accepting and nice.

As you have logged everything you'll have screen shots to prove this disappearing/ reappearing information?
  • kate99999
    Options
    I wasn't aware at the time that I would need to prove things weren't there - I just wrote down what I could see to describe things on here, and if I got through to any phone lines. I was rather focused on finding the information I needed rather than realising I'd have to justify myself on this website. (?!) What I do have I cant post anyway. I even had to cut out links because I am a new user, and most of what I have has my own details on it anyway.

I am puzzled by feeling hounded by some as my question was in good faith. and am a bit upset by all of this, I'd rather have been stuck with the wrong size underwear and all of this has been quite awful frankly. I'd expect it from many of the chavvy forums where people go to basically exchange slanders, but I obviously misunderstood what this has become.
    As you have logged everything you'll have screen shots to prove this disappearing/ reappearing information?
  • frugal_mike
    frugal_mike Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    You can post 'broken' links, for example www(dot)somewebsite(dot)com. It won't be parsed as a link so should make it through.

Obviously don't post anything with your personal information on though.
  • WTFH
    WTFH Posts: 2,266 Forumite
    Options
    9 hours after you made your first post the link was definitely there, and yet when it was posted on here it still took you several posts of arguing before you finally clicked on it. It's entirely possible that you didn't see the contact us button. It's also entirely possible that because the page it took you to did not have email addresses on it that you decided not to go any further, I don't know.
    I know it took me 10 seconds of google to find the returns page for m&s and then 3 clicks to get the contact form.
    It wasn't that difficult.
    1. Have you tried to Google the answer?
    2. If you were in the other person's shoes, how would you react?
    3. Do you want a quick answer or better understanding?
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,759 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I thought OP may not realise she could get through with the link from this page and was looking for similar on her information from M & S?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport