PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Chicken Stock - how to make it in a slow cooker?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• boredjellybean
    Options
    Hi there - I have a chicken carcass left over from last nights roast & I want to make some stock with it so I can make risotto tonight (using up the scraps of meat left) I usually do this in the slow cooker overnight but forgot last night - can I put it on now on high for 6 hours or so & get the same result???

Any tips gratefully received
  • Liverpudlian
    Options
    That's how I make chicken stock. Chicken carcass, bendy carrot, celery, onion, couple of bay leaves and whole black pepper. If you are not leaving overnight in Slow cooker on low, 5/6 hours on high should definitely be enough, depending on the power of the cooker. I have never gone back to making stock in a stockpot.
  • boredjellybean
    Options
    That's how I make chicken stock. Chicken carcass, bendy carrot, celery, onion, couple of bay leaves and whole black pepper. If you are not leaving overnight in Slow cooker on low, 5/6 hours on high should definitely be enough, depending on the power of the cooker. I have never gone back to making stock in a stockpot.

Thanks - I went ahead before seeing this & popped it in on high - its spitting & spluttering away now & the house smells delicious - I usually do the stock overnight so wasn't sure if it'd be ok during the day for less time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport