VOIP, Discussion, questions and answers

Comments

• papito
    papito Posts: 365
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    HI
    Following references from this thread I sign up with Voipraider but now I have an Error 33 and can't use it anymore (10 Us dollars credit)
    They are just ignoring my emails. I have done a google and found many people having the same problems and never received their money back.

Anyone know about this? or how can I fix this error message.
  • chukwe
    chukwe Posts: 69
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm looking to signup with one of the VOIPs available from Betamax, but I realised that the free calls to USA, UK Landlines etc are 300 mins per week.

I normally make upto 1000mins per week to USA.

Is there any VOIP that can offer 1000mins/Unlimited per week?
  • chukwe wrote: »
    I'm looking to signup with one of the VOIPs available from Betamax, but I realised that the free calls to USA, UK Landlines etc are 300 mins per week.

I normally make upto 1000mins per week to USA.

Is there any VOIP that can offer 1000mins/Unlimited per week?

Very unlikely. But you never know, someone may know of one. Meanwhile, have you thought of getting 4 Betamax accounts?

Brian.
  • chukwe
    Forumite
    Very unlikely. But you never know, someone may know of one. Meanwhile, have you thought of getting 4 Betamax accounts?

Brian.

That's a good idea, but will cost me 50 eurs for 90/120 days
  • chukwe
    Forumite
    If I subscribe to Vonage for £7.99 per month, wouldn't I get unlimited calls to USA and UK Landlines (10,000 mins per months) for free?
  • BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    medic1978 wrote: »

PS BexTech, I am waiting delivery on a Linksys PAP2 from ebay. May need some help setting up with voipcheap.com and sipgate?

I bouht one off Ebay from a seller (billionax) about a year ago now and Bextech helped me get it going, make sure he tells you to change Provisioning/Provision Enable:= no just in case it is not a unlocked device.

I have flashed mine with a newer Firmware Version: 3.1.22(LS).

I also may need to know what the best option is for calls etc as my £20 for the year ends in June and not sure what package they have now if any, last time I looked they had no options for home users.
  • BritBrat
    chukwe wrote: »
    If I subscribe to Vonage for £7.99 per month, wouldn't I get unlimited calls to USA and UK Landlines (10,000 mins per months) for free?

I do not know much about VOIP but from what I have read I don't think Vontage are the best bet to go with.

Someone with more knowledge will be along soon and give a better answere than I could.

18185 is 0.5p per minute to the US. For your usage that would cost you about a fiver a week. Then add on a number of 4p connection charges.

Voipbuster gives 300 free minutes per week. The remaining minutes would have to come out of the money (about £8) you give them. Their normal rate is unlikely to be less than 0.5p per minute so before a couple of weeks are up you would be looking to top up the account by another £8.

Looks like Vonage wins out.

Brian.
    That's a good idea, but will cost me 50 eurs for 90/120 days

Not one of my better ideas, I fear. There are problems with having more than one account on a single IP address.

Brian.
  • BritBrat
    Not one of my better ideas, I fear. There are problems with having more than one account on a single IP address.

Brian.

I don't know if this would be of any interest to you.

http://www.mysipswitch.com/

I have not really looked into it myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure