chemical Peel home kit

Options

Comments

• mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    devildog wrote: »
    I have been watching this thread ever since it started and decided to have a go too:) Started on the 30% Glycolic acid and now I am on the 50% and yesterday my order of 15% mandelic acid arrived(becoming addicted;) ) My eldest has told me that my skin looks like it has been 'photo shopped'-they are now desperate to try it too.
    Must confess the first time I was a little nervous but all was good, although I do find that my skin feels slightly itchy with it on so I use the applicator brush to 'scratch' with.
    Haven't tried the mandelic yet, that will be this weekend-fingers crossed.

Welcome Devil Dog, I used 30% Glycolic last night I think I prefer the mandelic, I am weird!

The Glyco just felt itchy and I am glowy today whereas the mandelic stung when being neutralised and really lightened my silly dark patch.

I got the collagen kit from Forever young it included a vit c serum and 2 moisturisors as well as the 30% Glyco and a neutraliser for £16.

I am going to either alternate or layer the glyco next week I think.

The new regime is making a big difference to my skin
  • devildog
    devildog Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    Options
    I bought the Glycolic from Bravura and the Mandelic from Forever Young. I shall do a small test patch with the Mandelic to see what the sting is like, I think. Sounds like it is the one for lightening skin tone.
    How long are you supposed to leave the Mandelic on for initially? I don't appear to have any instructions for it! I am assuming maybe 2 minutes to start with and build up over weeks?
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    Hi Devil, two mins to start and neutralise with some Bicarb made into a paste and left on for a min/two mins. Build it up by a minute per week too a maximum of 8 I think.
    It will fizzle and sting but its not unpleasant or uncomfortable.

Its good for spots and uneven skin tone, so any cystic icks you get go away with this really quickly and any brown patches from the sun or old scars go away as well. Mine have faded about 80%
  • devildog
    Options
    With the glycolic I used bicarb neutraliser but with this mandelic they have sent a bottle of liquid neutraliser(?) I will have both at hand just in case ;)
  • fizzytrinket
    Options
    :D

I'm resting for a couple of weeks. Probably.;)

I've never gone higher than 30% glycolic. Would love to spot treat with a tca though.

Has anyone tried salicylic? Stiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggsssssss.but amazing for blackheads/pores.

Well done devil for giving it a go. It makes you realise how much time money and effort wasted over the years on things that give but a superficial result, sometimes :eek:
  • sweetcheeks33
    Options
    I just done my second one last night... ( literally 3rd but first two were a one dose split to to two hoes as I had never done it before. I can see a change very slowly and skin certainly looks better I might order a stronger one when this runs out as mine only 10% and I love the results.
  • devildog
    Options
    I have now been emailed some instructions for the mandelic peel and I see it says not to apply to eyelids but no mention of the under eye area.
    Has anyone used any of the peels under eye and how did it go? Obviously the area is thinner and probably more sensitive but am assuming it will be ok so long as you go lightly?
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    I didn't use vaseline at all with mandelic and went to the bag on my eyes lol.
    I put it on with an extra large qtip.
    Id be wary going any closer just because of how thin the skin is.

Anyone else know any different
  • devildog
    Options
    So ok, I had a funny five minutes (or should I say 2) and did the lower under eye area with the mandelic acid. Only left it on for two minutes and it was fine. I think I only got brave because it feels so much less harsher than the glycolic (I don't think I would try it with that one)
  • fizzytrinket
    Options
    I think mandelic is the weakest of the peels followed by lactic acid.

I've never done round my eyes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport