chemical Peel home kit

Options

Comments

• naillady
    Options
    I love this thread. Really wanna try a glycolic peel!
    Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough. ♥ :beer:
  • devildog
    devildog Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    Options
    naillady wrote: »
    I love this thread. Really wanna try a glycolic peel!

Go for it!!!
  • RachRubyD
    Options
    Been watching this thread myself and looks very interesting. Not sure where to start though am only 23 and my skin is pretty good. Sometimes get a few tiny blemishes but its quite dry even though I drink loads of water and look after it. I just want it to look brighter and smooth. I've just started to see pores more and the wrinkes on my forehead drive me crazy.

I've just bought Olay Night Renewal Elixir which has Glycolic Acid but not sure how much.

Really wanna try Glycolic but don't want to my skin to peel. Is 10%-20% best and where offers a good deal on it.

I was goint to get Alpha-H Liquid Gold but its quite expensive.
  • devildog
    Options
    There is some pretty good info here http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Chemical-Peels-Which-one-is-right-for-me-/10000000175195835/g.html

which should give you a reasonable idea about what is available.

Generally your skin will only obviously peel with something like the TCA peels (I think) the others are far more subtle.

Ebay sell it (but I don't do ebay) so I have bought Glycolic from Bravura and Mandelic from Forever-young.
  • Anoneemoose
    Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have asked Santa for the boots no 7 one because I didn't realise you could buy these alternative versions. Devildog's link is fab.

I am thinking I might go for one of the ebay ones. Has anybody used ebay? And have they been ok?

I have PCOS induced acne skin and sometimes it is quite sensitive too so I think I was looking at salycylic with lactic acid but the strengths were 15%, I believe.

Also, how much peeling does it creat and do you have to go without make up after all of them?? Just because I am not sure I could!!

Thanks in advance!
  • devildog
    Options
    I think Forever-young sell on ebay, I just don't have an ebay account lol. The product was fine.
    I haven't used the salicylic/lactic acids so I don't know how they would be. One of the companies do a 5% salicylic acid that is gentle enough to use daily which may be worth a try initially (have bought this one for relative of mine)

I haven't had any visible peeling and have used make up(and sun cream!!) the day after.
    I think visible peeling(and 'down' time comes with the TCA peels.

I believe mellymoo has tried the salicylic acid, hopefully she will be along to give you her opinion.
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    Options
    I have asked Santa for the boots no 7 one because I didn't realise you could buy these alternative versions. Devildog's link is fab.

I am thinking I might go for one of the ebay ones. Has anybody used ebay? And have they been ok?

I have PCOS induced acne skin and sometimes it is quite sensitive too so I think I was looking at salycylic with lactic acid but the strengths were 15%, I believe.

Also, how much peeling does it creat and do you have to go without make up after all of them?? Just because I am not sure I could!!

Thanks in advance!

I use a lactic/salicylic 40% bought from eBay seller braddock27 (I think, its in blue bottles). I don't have any actual peeling and the results are great.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • Anoneemoose
    Options
    ali-t wrote: »
    I use a lactic/salicylic 40% bought from eBay seller braddock27 (I think, its in blue bottles). I don't have any actual peeling and the results are great.

Thank you for this. Does it help with acne as well?
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I find the mandelic which I got from vanity belle on ebay is the best for blemishes.
    You know the blind spot cystic lump things it gets rid of them so I try and time it so I am using that a week before period.

Salycilic is good for blackheads and Glycolic is good for a general glow.

both the Vanity Belle and Forever young products have been spot on, the forever young kit containing Glycolic, vit c cream, and a day and night moisturiser is fab (£16!!!)and I am going to get their post peel stuff as I am planning on doing a major layer over Crimble (try that first then TCA lol)

I would recommend the Mandelic for acne if you google acne.org I think they will go through the best peels there and it will help you make your mind up.

The one thing I will say is its better to start weak and work your way up and dont expect immediate results its 6 weeks of treatment before you see the difference.

I have completely faded a horrible brown mark caused by medication making me sun sensitive using mandelic and I am now trialing the Glycolic 20% so I can decide which I prefer.
  • Anoneemoose
    Options
    Hi again.

I am liking the boots kit however I think I might like to try some of the mandelic/salicylic.

Is it possible to post a link to the product on eBay as I have searched and searched and cannot find the sellers vanity belle or forever young!

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport