This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,996 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Olympia sounds like it was just what was needed. It is something that has been on my bucket list for years and watching it always makes me feel festive.

Move it up the list .... it is a Christmas highlight for me.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for MH.
    Went for a hack with him yesterday as vet prescribed lots of walk and canter work no trot....there is nowhere to canter locally so walking hack. OH MY! He had springs in his legs he was so full of himself clearly the painkillers are working well .... he fairly bounced around striding out, suggesting he wanted to go this way and that way rather than the way my friend and I had chosen, blowing kisses at his hacking buddy, he was just such a joy. I do realise it is mediated by the drugs but nice to be back on him...... not entirely sure about the plans for boxing him up and taking him for a blast somewhere as messaged friend who recommended vet last night to find her showjumper is so full of beans she is having trouble staying on ...and yes...showjumper has same anti inflammatory painkillers :rotfl:
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They must have a special Spanish ingredient in them...!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Jumping beans?
  • Humdinger1
    Humdinger1 Posts: 1,914 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ladies

Thanks so much for your compliments and feedback - Watty, you are very welcome. It's incredible isn't it how understood it's possible to feel here; thanks for making me so welcome - I've subscribed. I do think a sense of humour (and you have this in spades) is a key part of keeping going and out into the sunlit uplands at times like this. Yep, a running away fund is essential if only for your peace of mind. You may yet decide that this isn't the right situation for you before Mr Watty does (I think he'll be repenting already) - and if so, any inheritances would be considered in a financial settlement if you're married. I know that relationships aren't just or even mainly about money and will shut up now as am probably going on unhelpfully but want you (in common I'm positive with your other followers) to know that you're admired and appreciated.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Very admired and appreciated!

Wishing you a peaceful Christmas with some joy thrown in there.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    I was nearly jumped out of the arena by a bolting hunter today so they are all feeling fresh I think! Medication sounds like it is doing it's job.
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Are you ok Floppy?
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    Had a mild heart attack but actually impressed that I stayed on. Hoping the security cameras were on for an easy £250 for Floppy's Been Framed.
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Hi, Watty, I've just been having a little catch up with your diary.

I'm so sorry to hear what you have been going through, it sounds as if it's been very traumatic. It also struck me that the support you've had from the MFW gang has been fantastic. What a lovely group of people you all are.

I hope you are about to steer a course through all this trouble. Will be thinking of you, and this has brought home what a great little community this is. I've been a stranger recently, I think I want to get more involved again. :)
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,996 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Goldie you have summed up how I feel exactly. The support I've had here has been just wonderful. I really appreciate everyone that has messaged and posted away. Feel quite mushy.

Great Christmas day. I went to church again and I was so touched that someone checked in with me that I was ok for Christmas day. It was someone I had never met and the kindness displayed really touched my heart. Then home to potter about and read before dinner with girlfriends in the evening. Mr Watty and dog also joined and a wonderful Christmas was had. We laughed that it was so much nicer to spend Christmas together with those we had chosen. We all did respective animal care, and in one case, family visits, then joined together for a fabulous evening of Christmas dinner, laughter, gifts and general joy. I only see one of the women there once a year but, love her like family. Felt very blessed.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback