Scuba Shifts North and Debt.

Options

Comments

• stewby
    stewby Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hey scubaangel.

Hope you are having a great weekend with your friends and you managed to find some suitable clothes.
    :P

I was just reading through my thread and it suddenly hit me that you haven't said anything about your new job. You were meant to find out by the end of the week (assuming friday is your end of the week). Let me know how it went. I am hoping no news is good news.
    :)
    Mortgage: £0/£80,329.91
    Savings: £0/£6400
    :love:
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't hear anything yet, but as I said on your diary I do have an interview on Tuesday evening for another one.

Sorted the clothes out, ended up in jeans both nights but semi girlie tops.

The financial damage from the weekend is not as bad as I expected it would be.

Transferred £225 from paypal, withdrew £100 and have £20 and some shrapnel left. Both nights out we all chucked £20 in to the kitty which lasted pretty much all night - Friday there were 10 of us and there was enough cash left for the taxi home for those of us who hadn't wilted early. Saturday it ran out at last orders.

So the £40 in the kitty leaves an assorted £35 of other spends, mostly it will have been food (kebabs at £4, £4.50 instead of eating early in the evening), £6 breakfast on Saturday, the rest is likely to be accounted for in the afternoon in the pub beer garden on Saturday afternoon and the purchase of some lucozades and J20's.

The £100 left in the bank I'll leave to cover this months credit card payments, and my sofa finance. I still need to pay off the £42 from Dad's dinner sets, but I think my min payment is due early this week so will let that come out then pay it off. Having looked at my former 'bills' account I reckon I'm happy to pay off my OU course so will transfer that money after the min payment has come out too.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • stewby
    Options
    wow, that's brilliant news. I wish I had your self-control. If I go out (normally shopping) then everything goes even if I withdraw only a little bit and say "this is it" it doesn't work.
    :(

oooooooooooh, an interview for a second job?? That's brilliant. Hopefully, I will remember to wish you luck on Tuesday.
    :D

It's a shame you haven't heard back yet but maybe on Monday, you will get a phone call.
    :)

Afraid it is a bit short tonight, I haven't been awake that long and I am heading back to work in 30 minutes. For my last shift in that place!! Hooray!!
    :j
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    TBH I was expecting to spend alot more than I did on drinking it's my big downfall really - I'd budgetted thinking I'd spend about £40 a night plus food about £20 a day for the three days so about £140 total with the rest just incase so spending a little over half of that I'm really pleased with myself.

On the other hand I ate kebabs at 3am two nights in a row as a substitute for real food.....
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So my tuesday morning weigh in at home has not been fun, the number is somewhat bigger than it was last week - but after the weekend it's not a surprise so I'm not logging it on MFP yet and will weigh myself again tomorrow after another day of drinking tea and water not vodka with a dash or coke or wine, or just neat vodka as the coke ran out....

My interview is at 5.30pm, looks like I'm going to need to set off about an hour before hand, it should be a 30 min drive but given it'll be busy I figure the extra time won't hurt.

Of course I still need to work out what I'm going to wear.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Interview done. Seemed to go ok, so am hoping that I'll be one of the casual staff they want to start next week.

In other MSE type news today I recieved a bag of frozen veg to test, and an invitation to a Bzz Campaign for Tesco Finest dairy products - sounds like I'll get vouchers for cheeses, and yoghurt type stuff.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Today saw the postie being traumatised by the sight of me in my PJ's again, box with the second test product in, a half full big bottle so should last a few weeks.

Still not heard about the job I applied for last week so guess they just don't want me (silly silly people). Also still waiting to hear from the interview the other evening but they did say it'd likely be fairly last minute when they called people in.

In the meantime I've ordered the humax remote from amazon using vouchers so now I want to rebuild my gift voucher buffer towards my Christmas spending, to that end I'm, 56% towards my £50 amazon target on insta - but if I needed to can cash out for £1, £5 or a £25 voucher.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Updated whatsthecost and transferred the money to pay off the cost of my ou course, at the moment it puts me with a balance on my cc of £100 more than September 1st when I redid the snowball, and has bumped me up to 98 from 95 months before it'll be paid off assuming I only pay the minimums.

Obviously I don't like that plan but as it's coming up to Christmas and I'm not working yet any cash I have is staying firmly in my bank accounts for the time being. Once I'm working I can make some biggish payments to it (might even be able to nearly pay the barclaycard off totally) but that all depends on how long I'm out of work for and then when I start looking at moving back in to my own place how much that's going to cost me in fees.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Finally found an IBAN for one of my bank accounts so have redeemed £20 from the mingle panel.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• stewby
    Options
    You need to get a plan scubaangel. Can't go into this planless!!
    :eek:

Did you join the october challenge thing?? Or is it something you would maybe consider doing in November?? It's quite good fun and it makes you want to better yourself all the time. (I keep competing to see how many sfd in a row, or how little I can spend on groceries, etc). I don't compete against others in the competition just against myself.
    :o

Hope you get good job news tomorrow scubaangel.
    hugs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business