We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Scuba Shifts North and Debt.

Options

Comments

• stewby
    stewby Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    My dad said they are not allowed to give you a bad reference. (I had a referee who might have scuppered my chances to move). They can refuse to give one though.
    :/

Can you get in touch with your referees to see what is going on?? If they received it or anything??
    :/

I guess you kinda just need to be a bit more patient (which I imagine is probably driving you crazy and me saying that won't help).

I am trying to convince my OH to maybe consider xmas work at tescimos so he can get out of the house and earn a wee bit of money.
    :o

Is there any way you could consider something like that if the other job doesn't come quick enough??
    Mortgage: £0/£80,329.91
    Savings: £0/£6400
    :love:
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I know subjectively bad isn't allowed but as long as it's factual it's fine, I know my last employer simply give as standard the dates of employment and a comment on how you left - so in my case I resigned with no outstanding disciplinary issues. The one before I'm still good friends with the company directors and the one I named as my reference has said he's had contact with the agency. So the only thing I can think of is that my last job has had to go through HR rather than my line manager (well her replacement as my manager left when I did but it was the deputy who stepped up so knows me just as well).

I would consider it, the problem being that this basically *is* a Christmas temp/casual type job. But the job search has continued regardless, even if it has been an apparent waste of time.

If I don't hear anything by mid afternoon tomorrow I'll chase it up.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Email sent chasing up about the job, I'm utterly fed up of not working.

Applied for a volunteer job about 3 miles from home, they're looking for people to work in the shop at a tower (of the small castle rather than tall variety) which is now a museum afew hours a week over the winter season, if nothing else it'll get me out of the house and is a reasonable distance to walk to and from even in poor weather as it's just off the end of the footpath I walk/run at the moment.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Logged in to my second email and found that I've got my credit card statement, which is somewhat annoying as I've not made the extra payment to it yet, so instead of reducing it by £50 before the statement date it'll be paying the min payment and an extra £12.

But I have also redeemed my qmee pennies to paypal meaning I can withdraw the £20 from paypal to my bank ready to make an additional payment.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Email from swagbucks my £25 paypal redemption has been sent so thats Novembers sofa finance payment covered.

Nana is still not improving much, and my sister has come home as shes signed off work sick.

After my low evening the other day I've felt great today, probably in part down to my weigh in yesterday telling me I've lost a couple of lb since last week.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi scuba, well done on the weight loss.

Sorry to hear your Nan is unwell.

Take care.
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Still plodding, not feeling up to running this week which sucks as the weather has been varying from good to awful and it'll be harder to talk myself in to getting out in the bad weather later!

Also got up this morning to an email telling me I've won another goodreads giveaway book, so I really need to get cracking reading the three I already have at home waiting for a read and review, I'm still waiting for one I won last month to be delivered too.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Done an airport run for my step dad, got home to find two parcels waiting for me, one was a pair of washing tablets, so thats some more free clean clothes. The second was the coke zone order I placed to use up the points I had so its a set of fridge magnets and a bottle opener to ebay at some point soon.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• stewby
    stewby Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Free stuff is always welcome scubaangel.
    :D

Maybe you are just burning yourself out a bit?? between the stress the uncertainty of your new job and your nana being unwell, you have a lot on your plate. Perhaps you need to skip the running for a couple of days to let yourself build back up??
    :undecided

Hope your nan is now showing a bit more of an improvement.
    Hugs.
    Mortgage: £0/£80,329.91
    Savings: £0/£6400
    :love:
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    edited 20 October 2013 at 12:27AM
    Options
    The current thinking is that Nana'd heart problems have caused the equivalent of a minor stroke and then sodium deficiencies.

I feel like I need something to let off steam and get me out of the house. Was going to go for a run this evening but as I was about to leave the house there was thunder and lightening. So I got changed and ignored it!

As far as giving the running a rest goes tbh I feel like I'm doing nothing else, nothing physical and nothing to let off steam and get me out of the house so I need to be doing something thats entirely dictated by me.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business