September's Step-Up!!!

Options

Comments

• specialkaye
    Options
    Well yesterday was SFD number 6, it was also car boot sale day but after entrance fee and splitting it 50/50 with my sis I came away with less then £20.

I am on a study day which is going to be dull - I already have a headache.

Still no money spend on food and today is going to be an exercise day.

Still waiting on mortgage :(
    1% at a time challenge member #127

MWF: as@ Oct13 £45,917, now £43,024.56
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Read the posts but forgot to post over the weekend. Hope everyone had a good one, Congrats LSD on baby Dragon, curious to know what sex it is ;-)
    2 SFD to report, lots of exercise, dog walks and gardening so gave into the wine monster over 2 nights.
    So the scores on the doors folks are :-

Food 70.54/120
    Petrol 0/50
    SFD 6/26
    Alcohol Free days 6/26
    Beauty 0/10

Today need to get some paint( not in budget) Sawdust and hay for bunny plus petrol probably. Cold in office today seeing I aren't paying wee heater on ;-)
    I am like you Kat now love staying in, onesie at the ready now - heating not going on till November hopefully ;-)
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS ROXY! I had a similar experience but the joy of baby finally being here means you forget it pretty quickly. So pleased for you :)

SFD - 5/18 (including today)
    Beauty spends - £0/£10
    Food bank - £3/£3 (to Trussell Trust via text)
    Packed lunches - 4/13 (on hols for a week)
    Holiday spends - £0/£100 (go week of 16th September)
    Fun spends - £60/£100
    Alcohol free days - 8/23 (including today)

Good morning all. Back to work properly today after sickness last week. Thursday - Sunday were spend days but it will be a SFD today and hopefully for most of the rest of the week.

Found some cooked turkey in the fridge at work that I'd forgotten about, use by date it today so I'm going to make Turkey Tetrazzini to use it up - did have fish to eat but that's ok until 12th September so will eat tomorrow and Thursday. Out on Wednesday but hoping to convince OH that we should use our Nectar points to eat out rather than spending.

Been re-reading Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella, so funny - especially the "Cut Back" bits - hilarious the stuff she justifies buying so that she can make a £2.50 curry!

shopaholic_zps65fca9c8.png
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • Happybeingme
    Options
    Morning,

Congrats Roxy!

Sorry I've not updated since Thurs, no excuse ~ I just didn't get round to it.

Friday was a spend day as I had my hair cut.
    Sat was (finally) my 2nd sfd ~ we went to hubby's parents to assist in cutting some trees down and chopping up for firewood, in return we got lunch, dinner and a huge bag of bramley apples and victoria plums (they have 4 acres and are both in their late 70s so need help with the garden...............and when I say 'we' assisted I meant hubby and the kids ~ I helped with the food!).
    Sunday I needed some necessities (milk, veg) and got DS2 money out for school dinners this week. Hubby paid for DS1 college money this week which has saved me £20.

Today is my 3rd sfd.

Have a great day everyone!
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations, Roxy7699.

Hope Baby Dragon makes an appearance soon toon.

He's my update from the last few days.

Food 137/200
    HH etc 137/140, oh my, but that includes some xmas pressies, paint for the kitchen project and clothes for the wee man
    Garden 0/300, got a list now from the builder so will buy materials this week.

SFD 5/20
    lunch 6/21

So all in not as bad as I thought esp. the food budget with the unexpected visitors etc. There's three weeks left but hopefully def shouldn't need to buy anything this week.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • lotti379
    lotti379 Posts: 787 Forumite
    Options
    Apologies for being AWOL over the weekend, but I'm back now!

Spent yesterday seeing Mr L off at military training facility... it's pouring with rain today so feeling a wee bit sorry for them all... but hey, they're supposed to be tougher than us civvies! :p

Spent quite a bit of money over the weekend buying railcard, train tickets, last bits and bobs and paying for some petrol for him (as he is totally skint until his next payday... which will hopefully be before I next see him!). And a naughty hot chocolate on reading station because my train was cancelled, so I had an hour and a half wait I wasn't expecting and I was freezing cold and feeling quite low!

Anyway, top-up food shop tonight, not much needed so aiming for under £15. Well, I will be trying to get under £10, but we'll see. Not much of a value range in my c0-0p, and not enough at the nearest (tiny) T3sco to justify driving out of my way! Aiming for a 10Km run tonight as well, last biggish run before a race on sunday.

Such a busy week at work, I feel surprisingly drained after the weekend and would rather spend the day under my duvet watching a cunning combination of Batman Begins and The Vicar of Dibley... I have great taste! :cool:

Also, I forgot to bring socks! So my poor freezing feet are currently sockless in my steel-toe-cap boots! :(:(
    “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.”

NSD Challenge: August 2017 2/15
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Forgot to say, the Tesco 3 for £10 meat/poultry deal is suddenly excellent, I got the following:

4 x breaded fish fillets (think they were Youngs, they're not showing online, they are huge though)
    1 x 2kg whole chicken (can't believe how big this was!)
    15 x Happy Eggs (free range)

Full range here: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=A30837505
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Congrats Roxy7699! xx
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • LoveaDove
    Options
    roxy7699 - Congratulations!! Hope you feel better soon! Enjoy your lil bundle of joy!!!
    :coffee:
    *Do More of What Makes You Happy*
  • azlan
    azlan Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    H had an unexpected big birthday party yesterday so had to get a present etc - I hadn't accounted for this and have taken it out of my groceries budget so have to cut back even more than I expected for the rest of the month!! This challenge is really making me think because before I would have got the present without thinking about it - explains how I ended up living in my overdraft!! :eek:

SFD: 5/18
    AFD: 7/28 (had a glass of champers yesterday - but had planned to have a drink when I met up with friends last week but only had a soft drink so reckon I'm ok!!!)
    lunch: 6/21
    :footie::footie:: 0/12
    Groceries:52.07/€100
    Dogs:9.79 /€80
    Beauty: 0/€10
    Food bank: 0/€3
    Social: 28.45/€100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing