How long do you wait to be served?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    gellerbing wrote: »
    me and my partner went to frankie and bennys last year, we were waiting 2 hours for a table and when the food finally came it was pretty tasteless, needless to say we never went back

Can't really blame them for being busy but I would have left well before the hour was up.
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Person_one wrote: »
    This was about 7 years ago, its possible they don't do the quiz anymore, I can't imagine it was too popular!

No, they do, I went to the one in Orlando last September. I quite liked it. It was just a bit of fun about the heme of the restaurant really!
  • sharnad
    sharnad Posts: 9,904 Forumite
    Options
    Waited an hour at a harvesters once got given a £15 voucher when I complained. Walked out of a cafe after waiting 45 mins for breakfast. My fianc! was having full English and coke and I was having tea and toast. 20 mins they brought drinks 25 minutes later no food so walked out
    Needing to lose weight start date 26 December 2011 current loss 60 pound Down. Lots more to go to get into my size 6 jeans
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    Options
    Talking of San Fran, I can't remember what restaurant it was in, but the DH got served some green looking chicken....it looked like someone had killed Kermit the Frog! :rotfl: It was our first time in America, so we didn't want to make a fuss, but having been a few times now, if we got served something decidedly dodgy again, I would have no hesitation in speaking up!

Most definitely, never hesitate in the US they'll bend over backwards to get their tip :)
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    Options
    See, I hated that place. The waiter did the kneeling by the table thing and gave us a 'fun' quiz on the film before taking our orders! It was seriously awkward. The food wasn't worth the weirdness of being expected to discuss film trivia and told 'good job!' like a child when you knew that Forrest Gump's girlfriend was called Jenny!

It remains one of the oddest dining experiences of my life.

Ha ha I love it!

Plus they normally ask us obscure questions when we say we love the film & DH loves to get them right.
    Thanks. :) I'd actually just googled it, and found that there's one in Vegas, right beside (if not joined onto) our hotel! Damn it, I wanna go there! That menu looks really yummy, just the kinda food I love! I thought the DH might not like it because he doesn't like shrimps etc, but there are other dishes too.

Thanks for the heads up about the quiz though....might just go in to see the look on the DH's face! :eek: :rotfl:

I'm not usually one for all this audience/customer participation, but I do love a themed restaurant! We went to one years ago, it was a 50's style diner, and we didn't have a clue that the waitress/waiters jumped on the tables and started dancing and singing....I've got to admit though, it was kinda fun!

There's one in Vegas??

It must be new as I didn't see it there and we always visit bubba Gumps anywhere there is one. I don't like shrimp but the fish with rice or fries is always good.

The desserts will feed around 3 people so share lol!

Will have to book trip now..
    This was about 7 years ago, its possible they don't do the quiz anymore, I can't imagine it was too popular!

Oh they do ;)

Plus remember it wouldn't be America without a bit of cheese :)
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    claire16c wrote: »
    Most definitely, never hesitate in the US they'll bend over backwards to get their tip :)

Oh yeah, definetly, we since learnt this, but this was the first time we were there. I have to say, thats the only time we've had bad food/service in the US. Like you say, they usually bend over backwards!
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    claire16c wrote: »
    There's one in Vegas??

It must be new as I didn't see it there and we always visit bubba Gumps anywhere there is one. I don't like shrimp but the fish with rice or fries is always good.

The desserts will feed around 3 people so share lol!

Will have to book trip now..

Apparently so, it said it was by the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood. I love the look of the merchandise, and the DH loves his desserts, so I reckon he'll love them!

Great reason to have another trip to Vegas! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport