How long do you wait to be served?

Options

Comments

• aileth
    aileth Posts: 2,822 Forumite
    Options
    An explanation for this might be that you have been sat in a different section to the other table.
    Where I used to work all the waiting staff were allocated particular sections of table. For example I'd maybe have all the tables in the 60s,if a table sits on 75 they belong to someone else.
    If you sit on 75 and no one has seen you, then I get a table on 61 who I immediately go and serve you think (and I understand why), that this other table is getting served before you, but it may just be that your server is in the weeds whilst the server in the section next to you is not.

From your point of view I understand the frustration but generally it is a good way to run a restaurant with all servers allocated particular tables.

I could understand this, but they were literally sat next to us, and when we went to leave, got coaxed back by free drinks, sat back down in the same seat and it was the same waitress who was serving them, albeit now rather sheepish
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    paulineb wrote: »

Id only complain about a meal if it was not edible.

actually thats an interesting point...and probably what tipped me into making my complaint...

The fact that we waited an hour and 10 mins from ordering to the delivery of a sub standard main course was probably the contributing factor of the complaint.

It had been evidently pieced together using a substitute for a pizza base and as such was just a collection of mismatched ingrediants on a plate....and passed off as a calzone.

I think in reality they realised too late into the preparation process of the meal that they couldnt supply what had been ordered and rather than asking me to choose something else they tried to improvise.

What I would say to all those who feel they have had a bad experience is challenge at the point of the resturant rather than waiting to submit a complaint online....the manager was incredibly efficient and more than willing to allow us to leave without paying...faced with the facts and meal infront of them there probably was litlle else to be done,however a complaint via a contact us button to a faceless head office doesnt always have the same effect.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The one thing I hate is food arriving before drinks!!
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • aileth
    Options
    lady1964 wrote: »
    A large group of us went to a Prezzo a few months ago and the service was very poor.

We waited ages for our food, well over an hour for a pizza main, it took so long I didn't really want it by the time it arrived. It was quicker to order drinks at the bar and bring them back ourselves rather than have the waitress bring them and the toilets were appalling. One of our group complained and they took some money off but really, it wasn't enough. I gave them a poor review on TA and there was no response to it.

Prezzo is really hit and miss. When one in my home town first opened and we went for lunch, it was absolutely fantastic and we had one of the best lunches ever, wonderful friendly service and delicious food.

However, my dad went for a work's lunch there and he said it was absolutely disgusting, really moody jobsworth staff, cold food, and after all 15 of them complained they knocked one main off. Really sad to be honest.
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    I don't mind waiting for the food to arrive as such, ok well I kinda do, but only because I'm an impatient !!!!!!! :rotfl: It's the not being approached for ages to actually be served in the first place, that annoys me, my Mam's the same, and my poor Dad just wonders what on earth is going on when me and my Mam say 'right, thats it we're going!', he's so laid back, me and my Mam like prompt service, although he will complain if something isnt right with the food, as will I.

If they explain they're really busy then that's different, a little bit of customer service is all it takes. :)
  • BugglyB
    BugglyB Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Options
    It's called puppy dogging and certain places its a service standard, the managers will reprimand you for not doing it.

'Puppy dogging'. The mind boggles.

It annoys me less if I know they are 'supposed' to do it.
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I just find it so refreshing going somewhere like France. You can turn up in some small town, go to the local restaurant and expect decent food and efficient service. The waiter is unlikely to fawn over you, but will take your order quickly and you'll probably get the food within 10 minutes of ordering unless you've ordered something elaborate.

Getting this right clearly isn't just about the waiting staff - there needs to be a well run kitchen behind them. I just wish more places here could do it. Even going to expensive places is no assurance of good service.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • sapphireeye
    Options
    I wrote to Harry Ramsden's following a visit to one of their sit down restaurants by the beach. It was March so it wasn't peak season, there was one big group in there that were causing mayhem and another couple and us, that was it. The kids from the big group were running al over the place and in and out of the kitchen and no-one seemed to be batting an eyelid. There seemed to be several staff on clearing up duties but only one waitress and most of the time they were either hiding in the kitchen or standing staring into space.
    By the time we'd got out we'd been there for 3 hours and all we'd managed to have is one drink and our main meal. We wanted to have more drinks and dessert but we didn't want to wait any longer!
    It was tacked onto the side of the take away and they shared a kitchen so I'm not sure why it was taking so long to make fish and chips? In the end we wished we'd just had a take away and sat outside in the cold!

I don't normally complain but I wrote to Harry Ramsden's and complained and they sent me £40 worth of vouchers and a detailed email about how they were planning to improve their service!
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Person_one wrote: »
    Its horrific, I've only seen it in the US and didn't realise it had migrated over here.

Ugh.

Would you get in trouble if you started to bob down and the customer stopped you and said 'please stay standing, that's fine'?

It was an American chain I worked in! No we probably wouldn't get in trouble for that.
    aileth wrote: »
    I could understand this, but they were literally sat next to us, and when we went to leave, got coaxed back by free drinks, sat back down in the same seat and it was the same waitress who was serving them, albeit now rather sheepish

Then the waitress was maybe just rubbish! Was just trying to give you a possible explanation :)

BugglyB wrote: »
    'Puppy dogging'. The mind boggles.

It annoys me less if I know they are 'supposed' to do it.

I know, lol. I didn't like doing it, apart from anything else if the table fanny about when ordering it's a killer on the knees!
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • aileth
    Options

Then the waitress was maybe just rubbish! Was just trying to give you a possible explanation :)

I know, and thank you it's nice to have some insider insight. We did think that perhaps this other couple were either regulars or mates by the way she was doting on them and yet totally ignoring everyone else, standing chatting at the bar before they came in!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure