Scrumptious September 2013 - Take Your Lunch To Work Thread

Options

Comments

• Dozey_crow
    Options
    Hi KJ and everyone,

The job is going great thanks. I feel like I have been there for years and years! It is nice to feel valued y too... People ask me for advice and I haven't quite got used to that yet!:)

I have been doing really well with my lunches again this week. One day of cheese, two days of tuna crunch and prawns. I am working from home tomorrow so we may go out for lunch or have a hot lunch of some sort for a change.

I am really pleased to be so organized because sandwiches are such a rip off. There is a cafes round the corner and a takeaway egg sarnie is £2.45 :eek: I take all food (being greedy I need snacks!) But I have made a point of going for coffee with colleagues if they offer as it is all part of fitting in. Besides it's only a couple of pounds.

Hope everyone is having a nice week and Edwardia if you are reading... please come back.
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everybody :hello:

Trixie you seem to be really getting into the swing of using up leftovers :T hope your bf gets better soon :)

Well done to cardi and evie for reaching your targets - fantastic job! :j

Nellie, opal and Dozey crow well done - you're almost at your target. Final push and we'll have made it yay :T

I also agree with Dozey crow - Edwardia come back and tell us more tales of Bunter the muncher :rotfl:

Not long left now folks!
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • trixie888
    Options
    kittiej wrote: »
    Hi everybody :hello:

Trixie you seem to be really getting into the swing of using up leftovers :T hope your bf gets better soon :)

I used to just discard them if we are not able to finish it but now atleast we have to reheat it once or do batch packing and put it in the freezer. I encourage laziness - nah, it's more like having more free time instead of habitual cooking every meal. Now, we just reheat it.
    Salary Loan: $16,737.42; $ 14,099.64
    Credit Card1: $6,200.73;
    $ 4,846.11; $1,808.21
    Credit Card2: €1,357.07;
    € 365.97
    Sibling Loan: €2,066.77/$1,150.00 --- Friend Loan:
    €3000,00 - PAID ---Fiance Loan: €5000,00

Mission: To SAVE money but pay debts first. update as of: 13-11-2014
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Another 2 days for me :)
    This has saved me a small fortune!
  • In_Debt_Bet
    Options
    Day 16 for me and if I bring lunch in on Monday I will have hit target by the skin of my teeth.

I must try to vary things a bit more in October, much as I love the new Philadelphia with Salmon and Dill on crackers I think I worked my way through three tubs of it in September (it was on special offer though :))
    Worrying won't stop bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good.
  • mrs_motivated
    Options
    Hi folks,

It's really inspirational how well everyone is doing. I am looking forward to following this challenge for the whole of October....but for now. Can report 6/9.

Well done everyone :T
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • Teacher79
    Options
    Reporting days 19 and 20. Just one to go :)
    September NSD 19/17
    September lunch to work 21/21
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello my lovelies :T

September is almost at an end, can you believe it? I can't!

I've updated everyone so we'll soon be ready to start October as we mean to go on - positively and enthusiastically :j

Final puuuush!
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ahem. Failed miserably for September - didn't manage it once! Will do better in October.
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Another 1 for me today please :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family