IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye- I'm paying

Options

Comments

• Mallotum_X
    Mallotum_X Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    Options
    Come on guys, this is clearly a PE troll, don't feed it.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cue another new poster soon who claims to have "lost in court" and wishes they had settled straight away and not appeal .....
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • MartinsGirl_3
    Options
    Not a troll. I received it in June for overstay at Welcome Break, went into Starbucks (how much can I give away?) one day before the 'reduced' price period expired, had another in 2 weeks, then a LBA signed for at Post Office. I looked at the forums before joining, not trying to blame anyone for me ignoring it, it's my own fault! Wrote an acknowledgement as per Daisy's advice, got the standard template back 3 days ago and followed advice again sent another letter along same lines practice direction etc. Really not convinced I'm going to win, I'm not ignorant or stupid.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I won't seek to dissuade you. I have always said it's not my money at risk.

But just before you do pay, have you established how much extra it would cost if you lost in court?

I know you have a figure of £165 in mind, but where did it come from and what is the amount you are contemplating paying now?
  • MartinsGirl_3
    Options
    Yes I support all the principles, would rather give money to charity, but ultimately it IS an enforceable penalty, and it boils down to me, single girl, with no defence, in court.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Pay up...

...sadly it arrived soon after a period ended, and you owe another £30

Parking Pie will go after the ones not in the know, and probably won't go after a motorway service station (was it overnight by any chance)?
  • MartinsGirl_3
    Options
    Thanks GuysDad. I'm contemplating paying the £100, got two weeks according to the last letter (letter before court) that figure is quoted by PE themselves court costs and solicitors fees in their latest threatening delivery. Haven't done my own thread sooner because some newbies have had been told just to read the forums :)
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok.

Then your position is £100 : £165.

Could some regulars with court experience or links give some guidance on whether or not £165 is realistic?

I have a sense that maybe Martin's Girl doesn't really want to pay £100 and if the odds were even, she would fight it.

Could be wrong, but rather than berate her or accuse her as being a troll, maybe give benefit of the doubt and some actual financial guidance might be better.
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    If she doesnt feel she fight this , nor have the will to do then

Then simply pay.

Its a no brainer really, unless she isnt bothered about a ccj, nor her credit record, nor have any assets...
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • MartinsGirl_3
    Options
    I would have a will if I knew that all the court process might not just end up being £65 more expensive + time and effort compiling a defence and travelling to court. I'm a very ambitious person, and strong willed, perhaps that's why having to be realistic is so galling. Thanks Guys Dad. Sorry kirkbyinfurnesslad, don't understand the last comment. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure