P.I.P. timescales...

Options

Comments

• kittykat17
    kittykat17 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Spoke to ATOS on Monday, my file still being worked on no idea when or if I will be invited for assessment! This despite being invited twice before! Emailed my MP, his assistant spoke to ATOS and asked them to look at my case as a matter of urgency. Let's see if this makes any difference - I'm not holding my breath!
  • Sunshinesusie3
    Options
    kittykat17 wrote: »
    Spoke to ATOS on Monday, my file still being worked on no idea when or if I will be invited for assessment! This despite being invited twice before! Emailed my MP, his assistant spoke to ATOS and asked them to look at my case as a matter of urgency. Let's see if this makes any difference - I'm not holding my breath!

Glad you've contacted your MP, others, including me, have had success after MP's involved. Personally I think it's dreadful that this seems to be the only way to get some redress on what should be a straightforward process.

If everybody contacted their MP maybe there would be some pressure on government to do something about the chaos many are experiencing. I've seen that that there's an early day motion being proposed to debate the impact PIP is having on claimants and the public purse. I can't post the link here but it's fairly easy to find on the net, maybe asking our MP's to sign up to it may go someway to improving things, if not for us, for others.
  • dialysis
    dialysis Posts: 1,778 Forumite
    Options
    hi it seems most of us on here are getting told different things every time we ring up. I have been give wrong information every time I ring . My experience of this farce is
    Applied august 2013
    f2f November
    decision December not in my favour at all
    asked for a reconsideration this took about 6 weeks and I was awarded enhanced care but no mobility. I went to see my doctor and he was disgusted that I had not been awarded mobility. I have severe M.E and am in a wheelchair, am virtually housebound and spend between 14-16 hours in bed on a daily basis sometimes more. I have to force myself to get up. I need help with getting dressed and cannot do any housework or cooking for myself, as for walking if I do anything more than walking round the house I am so ill for days after. I am inconstant pain from my joints and muscles and cant even blow dry my hair without pain. I also have other health issues, chronic idiopathic angio oedema and urticarial anaphylaxis's and depression. My GP wrote me a very good letter explaining my conditions and what I could not do and I asked for it to be looked at again, and I said I would send in my letter of proof. Well they did look at it and again no change, the looked before I even sent the letter:mad::mad: I then asked for a call back, not a lot of hope with them as they never ring back, they didn't so I rang again waited another 5 days and then got the call. I was told that they would put it through as an unplanned intervention which means I could ask for it to be looked at and changed from my original claim date. This was beginning of March, and the lady stated that I had nothing to do for it they would sort it at there end. Two months later still not heard anything and kept ringing and asking what was happening was told various things like
    they didn't know much about unplanned interventions,
    it would and could take another 6 months for a decision
    I could end up losing my enhanced care as the whole thing would be reassessed
    one person didn't even know they did unplanned interventions
    and again on two occasions did not get any call backs
    and finally I was told at the end of April I would and should have filled another 39 page form in, how my disability affects me. So I had to wait another week for one to come and fill it all in again.
    Now the beginning of June and still no decision and been told different things all the time and again no call backs after requesting them. I am lucky I have been awarded the enhanced already and it did not take as long as some on here but tbh sometimes I whish I had never even bothered applying the stress of it all and the lies and misinformation being told is disgusting all I can say I I think by the time it is all sorted it will be nearing the year mark. I am sorry for the rant and long post but beyond a joke the way we are treated:mad::mad::mad:
  • kittykat17
    kittykat17 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Disability rights website has a link for the EDM and to ask your MP to sign it. Sorry not allowed to post link since I'm a newbie!

Su
  • Trotski
    Trotski Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    My forms went off on 27/9/13. As yet nothing. ATOS replied to my email today....

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I am aware that you are currently awaiting an appointment to be arranged at an Assessment Centre. I can confirm that appointments are prioritised in date order and can assure you that one will be booked as soon as available.

Unfortunately, there are currently some delays within the overall DWP PIP claims process and your referral to us has been affected by this. We are taking steps to reduce the delays in our part of the process while at the same time continuing to focus on providing high quality, fair and accurate assessments for the DWP. This action includes the recruitment of additional staff to increase capacity and improve our level of customer service.

The DWP have confirmed that any delays in the process will not affect the date from which customers are paid, if found to be entitled.

I apologise for the inconvenience you are experiencing and can assure you that an appointment will be arranged as soon as possible.

Kind regards
    PIP Customer Service Support
    Atos Healthcare

Over 8 months and not even assessed.
  • KED1977
    KED1977 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Been looking at this thread with dread! It's ridiculous how long this is taking for everyone..... I sent off my form last Friday and today I just got a text saying, we have your form, it could take up to 26 weeks (!) and basically DONT CALL US!! If I didn't laugh, I'd cry......

Fingers crossed for an assessment soon, My SSP has now stopped (been off work sick since aug 2013) so I'll be going through it all again applying for ESA....

I'm worried if they both take so long, how on earth do I survive for 5 months.. I've already been just about surviving on half of my (part time) pay..... locked in to phone and TV contracts I wish I'd never started, not to mention the credit card..... It's seriously anxiety provoking!
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi been following thread my oh applied in August kidney failure dialysis high blood pressure few other things finally
    Got atos assessment feb phoned every week
    Since told with decision maker. Finally phoned Friday told letter on way been award standard mobility enhanced care but as was in hospital between August and dec on and off ( never for more than 3 weeks at a time ) they would only back pay from dec which was a little disappointing. But at least positive outcome.
    Was wondering anyone with positive outcome how long did it take for first payment ( really struggling financially) good luck to all waiting for decision.

You need to ask for, in writing, the rules regarding hospital and PIP. I've just had a quick look online and can't find anything. You might be able to appeal the backdating on this.

Are they aware that it's been on and off and nothing more than 3 weeks, rather than he's been in hospital for months?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options
    Indie_Kid wrote: »
    You need to ask for, in writing, the rules regarding hospital and PIP. I've just had a quick look online and can't find anything. You might be able to appeal the backdating on this.

Are they aware that it's been on and off and nothing more than 3 weeks, rather than he's been in hospital for months?

At least for DLA, periods of being in hospital for under a certain period apart - 28 days? - would link.
    So, a day every couple of weeks for several months would be the same as several months in hospital.
  • very_upset
    Options
    iv been waiting since november when my forms were sent, rang last thur to ask if there was any cancelations i had my assesment on mon it went well she was lovely had a letter today saying mine has been picked for audit what does this mean anyone knw as i dont think il ever get a answer xxx
  • Sunshinesusie3
    Options
    very_upset wrote: »
    iv been waiting since november when my forms were sent, rang last thur to ask if there was any cancelations i had my assesment on mon it went well she was lovely had a letter today saying mine has been picked for audit what does this mean anyone knw as i dont think il ever get a answer xxx

I think it means that they're checking the quality of the health care professional's report. They have to keep meeting a standard set by DWP. It's one of the reasons for the excessive delays. You should ask ATOS/capita how long they think the audit will last. As you say you may not get an answer or the answer you get today maybe different to the one you get next week but it may give some idea of how long you'll have to wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure