P.I.P. timescales...

Comments

• cabbage
    cabbage Posts: 1,177
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I heard yesterday from a welfare rights adviser that since its introduction no one has been had a PIP in payment. Disgraceful!
    The Cabbage
    Its Advice - Take it or Leave it:D
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    cabbage wrote: »
    I heard yesterday from a welfare rights adviser that since its introduction no one has been had a PIP in payment. Disgraceful!

This is not quite true.
    People who are terminally ill seem to be having their claims processed without (much) delay.
    There have been several people on here who've reported that they have had a PIP claim complete.

'Almost nobody' - I'd agree.
  • sunnyone
    sunnyone Posts: 4,716
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    50 meters was never enshrined in law, neither is 20 meters so the distances are red herrings.
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2013 at 6:55PM
    sunnyone wrote: »
    50 meters was never enshrined in law, neither is 20 meters so the distances are red herrings.

In law, they're not.
    The government went through a consultation on the PIP descriptors.
    They then changed the 50m descriptor to 20m with essentially no consultation.

There is a real likelyhood that a judicial review following a claim being rejected because of this change would lead to the law being required to be changed, and other issues around what happens to already decided cases.
    This is the only reason they're doing the new consultation.

The process is everything.
    If the government has a well-set out policy objective, it's consulted on the effects of this policy, and at least appeared to consider the consultation - the law in question can't usually be challenged through judicial review.
    If they skip bits - it can.
  • lupylucy
    lupylucy Posts: 34 Forumite
    I got it!!! claim sent back from atos monday, recieved at dwp tuesday, desiciion made wednesday and letter sent out! I had contacted mp a few weeks ago about how long it as taking, so i think its been hurried through at dwp end but im so relieved its finally sorted. now just to wait for letter confirming :)
  • Widelats
    Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    CTcelt1988 wrote: »
    The Government sneakily put in the walking distance from 50m to 20m to get higher rate, without any consultation. 3 disabled people went to high court to get judicial review of the 20m walking rule. This forced the Government to have a proper consultation on the 20m walking distance mobility component of PIP.

I may well get lower rate then, i had no idea they did this about distances, i said i could get 40 steps approx before having to stop for a break. I expected to be point blank refused for PIP - thanks for the info!! :D
    Owed out = lots. :cool:
  • Derwent
    Derwent Posts: 571
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    lupylucy wrote: »
    I got it!!! claim sent back from atos monday, recieved at dwp tuesday, desiciion made wednesday and letter sent out! I had contacted mp a few weeks ago about how long it as taking, so i think its been hurried through at dwp end but im so relieved its finally sorted. now just to wait for letter confirming :)

Congratulations, hopefully you're the first of many and we will all hear something soon !
    Its amazing how these banks can't even do simple calculations correctly..............
  • Well done Lupylucy!!! Bet you are glad its finally been dealt with and you got the result you wanted. Hopefully it is the start of decisions and i will receive mine soon. Did they phone you to tell you or did you have to phone them again. :D:D
  • Confuseddot
    Confuseddot Posts: 1,755 Forumite
    Anyone know how to find out who the form has gone too, I just assumed it would be atos. I sent in my form in august and heard nothing so was thinking of chasing someone sometime soon.
    Play nice :eek: Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me.:j
  • Derwent
    Derwent Posts: 571
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well I'm making some progress at last. I phoned DWP today and they confirmed that the report from ATOS has finally been sent to them and is now with the case manager, though no decision yet.
    Its amazing how these banks can't even do simple calculations correctly..............
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure