P.I.P. timescales...

Comments

• Now into 17th week and still nothing. 10 weeks since assessment. No updates from DWP or ATOS. :(:(:(
  • Widelats
    Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Derwent wrote: »
    It is exactly 100 days today since I had my ATOS medical assessment, I still haven't had a decision, so I think you're going to be waiting a while longer yet !

That is a long time, ok i am prepared to wait and wait and wait. Thanks.
    Owed out = lots. :cool:
  • lupylucy
    lupylucy Posts: 34 Forumite
    I have a letter! ok it doesnt say much, but at least i have it in writing that 'the report produced, including all the assessment paperwork in undergoing quality audit. this is a normal part of the process which is stipulated by the department for work and pensions'. It kinda makes me feel like they know i exist its a step forward, either that or my husbnd has rang them just to check 1 to many times!
  • lupylucy
    lupylucy Posts: 34 Forumite
    husband rang atos again today, to be told my claim has been sent back to dwp! 21 weeks altogether its taken so far, 10 weeks since face to face apt. Now i wonder how long dwp will take to make a decision!
  • Derwent
    Derwent Posts: 571
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    lupylucy wrote: »
    husband rang atos again today, to be told my claim has been sent back to dwp! 21 weeks altogether its taken so far, 10 weeks since face to face apt. Now i wonder how long dwp will take to make a decision!

25 weeks since I applied, 17 weeks since I had my medical assessment, still not heard a thing.
    Its amazing how these banks can't even do simple calculations correctly..............
  • It's all down to the 20m consultation issue. Once this is sorted, decisions will be made. It should happen by the end of the month.
  • Ive heard ATOS has the National Auditors in to check their assessment reports due to them being so substandard and contradictory and this is where the hold ups are coming from. Ive heard that Watchdog are looking in to the length of time people are waiting to find out about their claims. Ive heard that its the 20m/50m ruling controversy thats causing the hold ups.
    Not much help if you have been waiting half a year from first claiming. The DWP have the cheek to put timescales on when to have forms returned by and if they arent received within their timescale they get instantly denied. Just a pity those who eventually get awarded PIP cant claim interest on the back payments, that might make the claims process a bit quicker.
    Now 12 weeks since assessment and 18 weeks since first claiming.
  • Widelats
    delilahcaz wrote: »
    Ive heard ATOS has the National Auditors in to check their assessment reports due to them being so substandard and contradictory and this is where the hold ups are coming from. Ive heard that Watchdog are looking in to the length of time people are waiting to find out about their claims. Ive heard that its the 20m/50m ruling controversy thats causing the hold ups.
    Not much help if you have been waiting half a year from first claiming. The DWP have the cheek to put timescales on when to have forms returned by and if they arent received within their timescale they get instantly denied. Just a pity those who eventually get awarded PIP cant claim interest on the back payments, that might make the claims process a bit quicker.
    Now 12 weeks since assessment and 18 weeks since first claiming.

I believe you, there was a quality inspector guy at my assessment sat at the back of the room through the entire assessment, i never heard of this happening before. What do you mean by 20/50 controversy??

OK i phoned the dss today, its been 5 weeks since assessment, and was told they have the report from ATOS and it is with the decision maker, and said it should not be much longer now. Still not holding my breath.
  • Widelats
    CTcelt1988 wrote: »
    It's all down to the 20m consultation issue. Once this is sorted, decisions will be made. It should happen by the end of the month.

Whats the 20 all about?
  • Widelats wrote: »
    Whats the 20 all about?
    The Government sneakily put in the walking distance from 50m to 20m to get higher rate, without any consultation. 3 disabled people went to high court to get judicial review of the 20m walking rule. This forced the Government to have a proper consultation on the 20m walking distance mobility component of PIP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure