Mystery Shopping Thread 25 *PLEASE READ THE OP FIRST**PLEASE NO CLIENT NAMES OR FEES

Options

Comments

• NotSuchASmugMarriedNow
    Options
    Does anyone know why Gapbuster didn't approve me?

I just received this message when I tried to register

Thank you for your interest in becoming a GAPbuster mystery shopper.

The details you provided in your application unfortunately do not match our database's selection criteria. As a result, we are unable to approve your request to join GAPbuster Worldwide. Thank you for your time and we wish you all the very best. Best regards

Does anyone know what I have done wrong?
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
  • whitelabel
    whitelabel Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know why Gapbuster didn't approve me?

I just received this message when I tried to register

Thank you for your interest in becoming a GAPbuster mystery shopper.

The details you provided in your application unfortunately do not match our database's selection criteria. As a result, we are unable to approve your request to join GAPbuster Worldwide. Thank you for your time and we wish you all the very best. Best regards

Does anyone know what I have done wrong?

- as it says they you just dont meet their criteria

that could be gender age location and they already have shoppers in your area that match that criteria so they dont need any more or lifestyle preferences dont meet those of their clients requirements.
    I cant remember if there is a selection quiz or not like some companies use but it could be your style of response either.
  • fly-catchers
    fly-catchers Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 July 2014 at 3:22PM
    Options
    Anyone heard of a company called Rag Doll research? http://ragdoll-research.com/

Through maximiles survey I have put my name down to be a mystery shopper at a Bank to apply for a credit card. Two recording devices will be sent to me and I have to record the interview with the bank employee who deals with my application. And them send the recorders plus any paperwork off to this Bristol based company. But a bit of me worries it could be a scam. The credit card application will be cancelled by the bank once all the stuff is sent back and I receive my payment. I have made an appointment next week at the bank and await the recording gear. But is it a scam which I will regret later!!? Never tried a mystery shopper scheme before.
  • Cybi-Ping
    Cybi-Ping Posts: 517 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone heard of a company called Rag Doll research? http://ragdoll-research.com/

Through maximiles survey I have put my name down to be a mystery shopper at a Bank to apply for a credit card. Two recording devices will be sent to me and I have to record the interview with the bank employee who deals with my application. And them send the recorders plus any paperwork off to this Bristol based company. It is being done on behalf of xxxxxx. But a bit of me worries it could be a scam. The credit card application will be cancelled by xxxxxx once all the stuff is sent back and I get a payment of £xx. I have made an appointment next week at the bank and await the recording gear. But is it a scam which I will regret later!!? Never tried a mystery shopper scheme before.

I've heard of Ragdoll but I've not 'worked' for them. I think they run the MS projects for Views Bank too. If you don't have to pay anything out up-front and make sure you leave plenty of time to cancel the card if they don't pay out it should be ok.

p.s. Can you please edit out the client name and fee amount.
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    skivenov wrote: »
    Anyone still working for IMS? Getting half tempted to give them a second chance if they've chaned their staff and attitudes.

They have their "special" shoppers who do most of their work (merchandising) and they get first dibs of all the "exciting" new projects. The work that does not get picked up gets advertised for all their remaining shoppers.

I've always found the staff to be helpful and friendly, but as I am not one of their "special" shoppers, I'm lucky to get one job every two months.

How is everyone faring with work? I've only done 1 ms in the last month. :eek::eek::eek:
  • whitelabel
    whitelabel Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    They have their "special" shoppers who do most of their work (merchandising) and they get first dibs of all the "exciting" new projects. The work that does not get picked up gets advertised for all their remaining shoppers.

I've always found the staff to be helpful and friendly, but as I am not one of their "special" shoppers, I'm lucky to get one job every two months.

How is everyone faring with work? I've only done 1 ms in the last month. :eek::eek::eek:

turning down multiple companies every day and fully booked up now till September !!... must be a bad area your in or the wrong agencies ? they are all begging with premiums this time of year
  • fly-catchers
    fly-catchers Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cybi-Ping wrote: »
    I've heard of Ragdoll but I've not 'worked' for them. I think they run the MS projects for Views Bank too. If you don't have to pay anything out up-front and make sure you leave plenty of time to cancel the card if they don't pay out it should be ok.

Thanks for that. One thing that still concerns now I have slept on it- is just how legal is it recording people secretively? I know you have to tell people if you record them over the phone. And there is the data protection act. How does that fit in with being a "mystery shopper"? I have booked an appointment with the bank and the recording devices are on there way. Just wonder if I might have been too hasty!
  • Gamereat
    Gamereat Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that. One thing that still concerns now I have slept on it- is just how legal is it recording people secretively? I know you have to tell people if you record them over the phone. And there is the data protection act. How does that fit in with being a "mystery shopper"? I have booked an appointment with the bank and the recording devices are on there way. Just wonder if I might have been too hasty!

Well likely the company or one of the company's watchdogs ect are paying for it to take place so they have kind of given there permission so you should have any problems in that sense.
  • Cybi-Ping
    Cybi-Ping Posts: 517 Forumite
    Options

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if the client is the bank then they should have something in their employee contacts that covers being covertly recorded, most have cctv running anyway but if the client is a competitor or a media agency its not quite that simple and recording a meeting without informing the member of staff is probably illegal.
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Depends what you do with the recording too. If you record the interaction so you have something to help you to fill out the report later and delete it afterwards then it doesn't matter but cutting bits out of the conversation and using them out of context wouldn't be such a good idea.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport