Mystery Shopping Thread 25 *PLEASE READ THE OP FIRST**PLEASE NO CLIENT NAMES OR FEES

Options

Comments

• fly-catchers
    Options
    Any advice as the best way of doing this "secret recording"? I have been provided with both a dictaphone and a usb memory stick recorder. The advice given was to put the memory stick on your key ring and put the keys on the table. But that would most false as who would take their keys out and them put them down! Particulary with a memory stick emiting a red flashing led! And the dictaphone is even bigger! I can see this going pear shaped!
  • Sunny_spell
    Sunny_spell Posts: 729 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 July 2014 at 11:06PM
    Options
    Could you use a smartphone for recording? I usually use my iphone with a flip case without any problems. You would have to switch a flight mode in order to stop receiving texts, calls and emails during your visit overwise the sounds will mess up your recording.
  • whitelabel
    whitelabel Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    weeg wrote: »
    Can you confirm?

I had one of those dumb questions. I reported that I had to wait for service and that there appeared to be a member of staff doing nothing at a desk. So the shop has responded that he was, in fact, trying to finalise a contract and that his customer was looking at accessories and the contract was taking longer than usual because the scanner wasn't working properly.

And I was asked to confirm that! My reply was 'no'. I can't comment on what the MoS was actually doing or if they were having tech issues. I reported the situation as I perceived it.

On another note. Does the ESA app work on your phone?

did you see the MOS dealing with the other customer and finalising them before then dealing with you ?

that would confirm if there was another customer or not ?
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Any advice as the best way of doing this "secret recording"? I have been provided with both a dictaphone and a usb memory stick recorder. The advice given was to put the memory stick on your key ring and put the keys on the table. But that would most false as who would take their keys out and them put them down! Particulary with a memory stick emiting a red flashing led! And the dictaphone is even bigger! I can see this going pear shaped!

I have a USB version which I wear around my neck on a lanyard. I conceal it either under a shirt or in the pocket. I then turn it on and leave it to record. Mine is my personal one which I brought from Amazon and it only flashes once to say its on and then looks like a normal USB. The recordings past 'muster' with ESA so it seems work.
  • Cybi-Ping
    Cybi-Ping Posts: 517 Forumite
    Options

Is this the first time you've done a mystery shop? The only thing I can suggest is practice, do a couple of trial runs, first at home and then another in a local shop, somewhere you're comfortable. Make sure you can work the recorders without being spotted. Good luck!
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Good advice already given. The devices these days are very good at picking up audio so you can wear it underneath your top easily enough. Make sure you wear "quiet" clothing though, nothing that rustles and if you have long hair tie it back. If you put it in a pocket, have nothing else in it to rub or accidently turn the device off. If you are female make sure handbag straps are not rubbing against the device or rustling and don't wear dangly earrings.
  • weeg
    weeg Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    whitelabel wrote: »
    did you see the MOS dealing with the other customer and finalising them before then dealing with you ?

that would confirm if there was another customer or not ?

Nope, I didn't see them and then another MoS dealt with me and the other guy was then out of my eyeline, so I have really no idea. Which is exactly what I told the MS co.
  • Cybi-Ping
    Cybi-Ping Posts: 517 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2014 at 4:03PM
    Options
    Does anyone know if its possible to view all available assignments on the PIP board? When I try to remove the filters it gives a runtime error.
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    Options
    Cybi-Ping wrote: »
    Does anyone know if its possible to view all available assignments on the PIP board? When I try to remove the filters it gives a runtime error.

Not found a way yet, it crashes on me if I view North and South Scotland together, a bit of a pain if you live in the middle bit :-) Tt has to be one of the worst job boards around though.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Tried to accept 2 DIY store visits with G**. Visited both last, in Feb- would only let me take one. Have they changed their rules? I tried completing them on different days, but it still won't let me visit one. Seems odd, as I say it's been months since I last visited and it's still up there needing to be visited. I'd be willing, should I email them?
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family