Mystery Shopping Thread 25 *PLEASE READ THE OP FIRST**PLEASE NO CLIENT NAMES OR FEES

Options

Comments

• Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    Options
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    I nearly fainted last night when RA agreed to my massively inflated fee for one of their local shop jobs. First time they've ever agreed to anything other than a paltry increase!

Of course, the snag is their poorly designed form- when data-entering.... must be 100 character comment for each bit:
    I was not offered a bag, what can I say- I was not offered one. What more can I say about not being offered a bag? No really, I was not offered one.

I was not offered any additional items at the checkout. No additional items were offered to me. And on, and on, and Ariston!!!! O_O

Hopefully my inane comments mean they will get the message.

Their train jobs used to be like that, they have amended the forms somewhat since mind. I've just battled with an ESA train job form, god that was a pain.
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yeah, I've done a few emails usually at half time in the world cup games to fill some time.

I did one of the shopping centre audits for esa and really enjoyed it. I think you have to pick your location as I can see some involving a lot more work than others. Luckily my local one is not too large and pretty straightforward. Most probably famous last words!
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MysteryMe wrote: »

I did one of the shopping centre audits for esa and really enjoyed it. I think you have to pick your location as I can see some involving a lot more work than others. Luckily my local one is not too large and pretty straightforward. Most probably famous last words!

I did one of those audits today, it was a double whammy one due to size. I quite liked doing it, as made a pleasant change from the 'norm'. The only negative is the amount of time it takes to upload the photos. There were a number of 'issues' at the site I audited so ending uploading around 30 snaps and with my BB connection that takes a while.

I had a feeling that the end client was with another MSC as have seen these jobs before, but they were not on 'self assign' as I recall...
  • alluring29
    alluring29 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Tolteca87 wrote: »
    If they mask their IP do you seriously want to give them your bank and or Paypal details, which you'd have to do to be paid?

No, they offer great pay but be aware, very dodgy looking company - Outsource offer some of their jobs too. I hope people don't do these shops because doubt Outsouce will get paid either...if you do select an assignment from Outsource, pm me for the companies that 4 Service group "say" they work for.
  • alluring29
    alluring29 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    I seem to have done a shed load of these social media/emails/twitter jobs. Cr*P fees but they are easy and whole pile of them is better than the faff I had at the weekend on a Company A job..[/QUOTE]

I like doing their online jobs too - easy, can do it in your own time whilst at home...doing some for another company too on Friday!:T
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Larac wrote: »
    I did one of those audits today, it was a double whammy one due to size. I quite liked doing it, as made a pleasant change from the 'norm'. The only negative is the amount of time it takes to upload the photos. There were a number of 'issues' at the site I audited so ending uploading around 30 snaps and with my BB connection that takes a while.

I had a feeling that the end client was with another MSC as have seen these jobs before, but they were not on 'self assign' as I recall...

Yes, I had close to 40 pics but did the report from home so pretty quick. I'd noted on the report form what image number went with what question so it was not too much of a faff.
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    I nearly fainted last night when RA agreed to my massively inflated fee for one of their local shop jobs. First time they've ever agreed to anything other than a paltry increase!

Of course, the snag is their poorly designed form- when data-entering.... must be 100 character comment for each bit:
    I was not offered a bag, what can I say- I was not offered one. What more can I say about not being offered a bag? No really, I was not offered one.

I was not offered any additional items at the checkout. No additional items were offered to me. And on, and on, and Ariston!!!! O_O

Hopefully my inane comments mean they will get the message.

Awww well jel! I used to love doing RA reports before I got unceremoniously dumped for being a gobby $hite. I didn't mind the typing at all and would happily write reams and reams for each question (I'm sad I know!).

Do folk really struggle with premiums / extras with RA? I never had a problem and they were always more than happy to put a few quid extra on / add mileage for visits they could not clear. I always thought the staff were very polite and friendly compared to some of the other MS companies.
  • Cybi-Ping
    Cybi-Ping Posts: 517 Forumite
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    Do folk really struggle with premiums / extras with RA? I never had a problem and they were always more than happy to put a few quid extra on / add mileage for visits they could not clear. I always thought the staff were very polite and friendly compared to some of the other MS companies.

They changed Mimi! They stopped all fee increases in favour of pushy, rude phone calls.
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cybi-Ping wrote: »
    They changed Mimi! They stopped all fee increases in favour of pushy, rude phone calls.

I got fed up with them ringing me on a daily basis. They would ring me on all three contact numbers in succession without leaving message. They can now only ring me on one number which connects to voicemail. Must be desperate as I do very little for them as fees are low..
  • fly-catchers
    fly-catchers Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well thanks everyone for all the advice. The Bank credit card application went according to plan and the recordings were as clear as a bell. Now to wait for the cheque! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport