Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Options

Comments

• gld73
    gld73 Posts: 250 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My rolling monthly Virgin sim-only contract has gone up around 100% in the 3 years I've had it - as I use very little data, I mainly just need my mobile for texts and some calls.

When I phoned Virgin to get my PAC to leave, it took a couple of calls to be given it as they were more intent on trying to sell me even more expensive packages, despite it being obvious I wasn't anywhere near the allowances of my existing one!

I've now switched to a sim-only PAYG deal with 1p Mobile. Their service so far has been good and my number transferred without problems once I'd got the PAC. At 1p/ text, 1p/min calls, 1p/MB data, it should be a decent saving for me compared to what my new Virgin monthly fee from July would be. PAYG won't suit everyone, but for people with usage like mine, the 1p Mobile rates seem like a very good option.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gld73 wrote: »
    My rolling monthly Virgin sim-only contract has gone up around 100% in the 3 years I've had it - as I use very little data, I mainly just need my mobile for texts and some calls.

When I phoned Virgin to get my PAC to leave, it took a couple of calls to be given it as they were more intent on trying to sell me even more expensive packages, despite it being obvious I wasn't anywhere near the allowances of my existing one!

I've now switched to a sim-only PAYG deal with 1p Mobile. Their service so far has been good and my number transferred without problems once I'd got the PAC. At 1p/ text, 1p/min calls, 1p/MB data, it should be a decent saving for me compared to what my new Virgin monthly fee from July would be. PAYG won't suit everyone, but for people with usage like mine, the 1p Mobile rates seem like a very good option.

Hello gld, did the current deal from virgin sim only for 2gb unlimited text and 2500 minutes for £6.00 a month for 12 months not grab you then?
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • Tyler_Durden_UK
    Options
    I just contacted three, I asked customer service three or four times for my pac code, but did not get very far.

What did you not get very far with, getting a good deal or your pac code ?
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What did you not get very far with, getting a good deal or your pac code ?

i am no longer with three, i change to smarter now
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ctbfc wrote: »
    In a similar situation. I've just spent 25 minutes on the phone to three cancelling my sim only deal. In the end the chap annoyed me so much I decided I was going to leave regardless of what he offered (nothing decent anyway). He just didn't understand that I wanted to go and wasn't going to accept anything!

I've been with them a couple of years but not found three brilliant, so no great loss anyway. Although now on the look out for a new sim only deal..

plenty of good Voda , BT and EE sim only deals. For low data users have a look at the sim only thread on MSE - expect to pay £10 or less per month.
  • Chris1993
    Chris1993 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone had any luck with EE recently? My contract is up, currently have 7GB data (3GB UK only though) with roaming in the States, NZ, AU etc. Paying £23 and ideally I wanna get up to 10GB all round data for less. I called up and they said they don't do Max plans on SIMO anymore, just wanna know if anyone has managed to scrape something good out of them recently? I've asked for my PAC code anyway.

Annoying as I've been with them for 6 years.
  • davidjeams
    Options
    Thanks for this link sir...
  • CharleneUK
    CharleneUK Posts: 3,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all, is anyone on id-mobile? They have some great sim only 30 day rolling plans at the moment. I have my eye on one for £10 and it's capped at £5 for over spends and rolls over any unused data.
    "I did then, what I knew then. And when I knew better, I did better"
  • kkhimji2001
    Options
    whats better for me

£20 ee sim free 20gb a month - 20% student discount so £16
    (do i get quidco £70 cashback on top of this or no?)

£15 virgin for £20gb

I basically want to ask can I claim quidco on top of my student discount, looking to spend ideally £15 a month

Was paying £15 a month for unlimited text, calls and 20gb on virgin mobile but my contract expired
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    It didn't expire. Either you cancelled it with 30 days' notice, requested and exercised a PAC or it has continued until you do (in which case if you cancelled the direct debit you'll be in for a nasty surprise and will find your credit files wrecked for the next 6 years). That's if it was a contract; not sure why you would be be paying a monthly bill otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure