Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Options

Comments

• trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My current fixed term is ending with my three sim only plan.

I currently play £9.00 a month and receive:

unlimited text messages
    unlimited voice calls
    4GB data

My contract ends on 3rd July 2018. I have logged onto Bill monitor, and over the last three months i have used the following:

1900 calls
    30 text messages
    493mb

should i look for an alternative sim only plans, or remain on a 30 days plan with 3? if i do change, what to???
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • ctbfc
    ctbfc Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My current fixed term is ending with my three sim only plan.

I currently play £9.00 a month and receive:

unlimited text messages
    unlimited voice calls
    4GB data

My contract ends on 3rd July 2018. I have logged onto Bill monitor, and over the last three months i have used the following:

1900 calls
    30 text messages
    493mb

should i look for an alternative sim only plans, or remain on a 30 days plan with 3? if i do change, what to???

In a similar situation. I've just spent 25 minutes on the phone to three cancelling my sim only deal. In the end the chap annoyed me so much I decided I was going to leave regardless of what he offered (nothing decent anyway). He just didn't understand that I wanted to go and wasn't going to accept anything!

I've been with them a couple of years but not found three brilliant, so no great loss anyway. Although now on the look out for a new sim only deal..
  • trinidadone
    Options
    ctbfc wrote: »
    In a similar situation. I've just spent 25 minutes on the phone to three cancelling my sim only deal. In the end the chap annoyed me so much I decided I was going to leave regardless of what he offered (nothing decent anyway). He just didn't understand that I wanted to go and wasn't going to accept anything!

I've been with them a couple of years but not found three brilliant, so no great loss anyway. Although now on the look out for a new sim only deal..

Hello ctbfc, thank you for this. I am going to make a call to them to see what they can offer me. keep me posted if you get a better deal elsewhere. For me, i have happy with three, I just want to see if there are better sim only deals out there, as I know i am grossly under using my plan. I will let you know what three says to me.
  • mchale
    mchale Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    Options
    Hello ctbfc, thank you for this. I am going to make a call to them to see what they can offer me. keep me posted if you get a better deal elsewhere. For me, i have happy with three, I just want to see if there are better sim only deals out there, as I know i am grossly under using my plan. I will let you know what three says to me.

Have a look at https://smarty.co.uk/ only prob I can see is no roaming at the mo, but is suppose to be coming soon.
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
  • trinidadone
    Options
    mchale wrote: »
    Have a look at https://smarty.co.uk/ only prob I can see is no roaming at the mo, but is suppose to be coming soon.

This sounds interesting Michale, does it also mean we both get a free month?
  • trinidadone
    Options
    I just contacted three, I asked customer service three or four times for my pac code, but did not get very far.
  • ctbfc
    ctbfc Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Hi trinidadone - I've gone for the ID mobile Sim Only deal for £10/ month for 10gm, 300 mins and unltd text messages.

I had to be incredible persistent with three to get my pac code. The chap on the phone just could not accept that I wanted to leave. Based on my experience the first person you speak to will then put you through to somebody else who will say they are just processing the cancellation, and whilst they do that they will offer you a final deal which you can decide to take or leave.
  • Wortle
    Wortle Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sim only deal,12 month contract, vodafone through https://!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cashback (need t claim) working out at £6.50 for
    5gb data
    500 mins
    unlimited texts

unlimited text
  • Wortle
    Wortle Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unable to edit or post link above but its mobiles and the tld for this country.
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Superdrug introduce a sim on the 20th June, apparently its £10 a month for unlimited calls and texts with 4 GB data which unused can be rolled over to next month.
    Its on Three network .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport