Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Options

Comments

• misty6
    misty6 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    I just wanted to come back and say thank you for the help. Knowing that it was sim only deals that I was looking for made it so much easier. Technical stuff is just not one of my strengths!

I went to the carphone warehouse and am now the proud owner of an iPhone 8 with a £13.50 per month contract. :) I just have to work out how it works now as it has no instructions (or buttons lol). Fortunately loads of people I know have iphones so shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks very much :)
    Mortgage and debt free :)
  • kration
    kration Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 January 2018 at 9:19PM
    Options
    What's the best SIM only deal at the moment for about 8Gb of data?

My contract with Vodafone ends soon and want to see what's out there...

(Edit - just seen the QuickLinks at the top of the page, I'll check those out)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    kration wrote: »
    What's the best SIM only deal at the moment for about 8Gb of data?

My contract with Vodafone ends soon and want to see what's out there...

(Edit - just seen the QuickLinks at the top of the page, I'll check those out)

Whats your deal with Vodafone, how much are you paying?
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Hi can anyone recommend a good sim only deal, I’m currently with O2 and my contract has now run its term so I can change to a new deal,I’m lookin to pay less than £15 a month and I basically mainly use my phone for texting with the odd phone call ( about 4 calls a month if that) I do have internet data at the moment but only require a small amount because I tend to only use my mobile data if there is WiFi,I wouldn’t mind staying with 02if they have any good deals
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi can anyone recommend a good sim only deal, I’m currently with O2 and my contract has now run its term so I can change to a new deal,I’m lookin to pay less than £15 a month and I basically mainly use my phone for texting with the odd phone call ( about 4 calls a month if that) I do have internet data at the moment but only require a small amount because I tend to only use my mobile data if there is WiFi,I wouldn’t mind staying with 02if they have any good deals

For your usage you may as well move to PAYG, o2 classic Payg is 3p per min, 2p per text and 1p per MB.
    ====
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

As above PAYG or if you prefer a set amount each month then £5 a month will get you something very suitable.

Plusnet (using the EE network so may need to unlock your phone) currently do:-

1GB data, 2000 minutes, 2000 texts, 30 day contract, £5.00 per month, https://www.plus.net/mobile/plans/sim-only
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am currently use:

1650 - 2400 minutes per month

50 text per month

800mb per month

I am considering plus net which has 1GB data, 2000 minutes, 2000 texts, 30 day contract, £5.00 per month, https://www.plus.net/mobile/plans/sim-only

best deal, or something else better value out there?
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am currently use:

1650 - 2400 minutes per month

50 text per month

800mb per month

I am considering plus net which has 1GB data, 2000 minutes, 2000 texts, 30 day contract, £5.00 per month, https://www.plus.net/mobile/plans/sim-only

best deal, or something else better value out there?

Considering that doesn't give you any leeway at all on your usage I'd make sure you reduce the spend cap to the minimum £2 if you take it. An advantage of the Plusnet 30 day model is if they offer a better deal at any time you can upgrade to it with no hassle. I'm on 1.5GB data, 1000 minutes, 1000 texts, 30 day contract for £5.00 per month from them after changing tariff twice since joining them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure