Hello Raving,

Three currently has a deal via moneysavingexpert:

Sim only package

Unlimited Minutes
    Unlimited text messages
    4GB data (4G)
    Total: £10.00 a month for 12 months

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-sim-only-contracts#midpick2

Moneysavingexpert says the offer is only available until 31st January (tuesday), I hope this is helpful

Thanks! They did offer me that but I've just signed up to Plusnet mates rate. Having a 30 day contract was the clincher for me as I try to figure out what sort of usage I'll need. Also, I was a bit put off by Virgin's throttling
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    RavingMad wrote: »
    Thanks! They did offer me that but I've just signed up to Plusnet mates rate. Having a 30 day contract was the clincher for me as I try to figure out what sort of usage I'll need. Also, I was a bit put off by Virgin's throttling

Hello RavingMad, tell me / us more about the Plusnet mates rate package?
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Three currently has a deal via moneysavingexpert:

Sim only package

Unlimited Minutes
    Unlimited text messages
    4GB data (4G)
    Total: £10.00 a month for 12 months

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-sim-only-contracts#midpick2

Moneysavingexpert says the offer is only available until 31st January (tuesday), I hope this is helpful

Whoever wrote the description in that link is a clown.
    This is a decent almost 'all-you-can-eat' deal from one of the major networks,

It's not almost 'all-you-can-eat', it's 4GB. Watch a bit of HD iPlayer or YouTube and watch how far the "almost 'all-you-can-eat'" lasts...
    ====
  • RavingMad
    RavingMad Posts: 516 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello RavingMad, tell me / us more about the Plusnet mates rate package?

If you're an existing Plusnet broadband customer, you get double the data allowance. So for £10, you get 4gb,1500 mins and unlimited text. I've gone for the next package up; 8gb and unlimited everything else for £15 on a 30 day contract.
  • RavingMad
    RavingMad Posts: 516 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Having read about Plusnet's porting problems, I was really impressed that my number transferred over in one day! I went through their texting service for porting and less than 24 hours later it was done.

Excellent service
  • trinidadone
    Options
    I contacted loyalty with TalkTalk yesterday, to request my PAC code for three, and ended up dancing around my desk at work (good job most were working in another building or at home). New offers were put on the table, and I ended up agreeing the following SIM only package:

4000 minutes
    Unlimited Text messages
    4GB data
    £10.00 a month for 12 months.

so chuffed. Ended up calling three to cancel, was moved from one adviser to the next, and even though three desperately wanted me to progress with the switch, i am still with talktalk.

What a corker of an offer!!
  • trinidadone
    Options
    Not sure where you conclude a doubling of your minutes. If the existing package is the best deal and you can leave with 2000 minutes and 2.7GB for £6.50 why "upgrade" at all?? Your contract is not "due for renewal"; the minimum term simply comes to and end but the contract will carry on with its existing bundle and cost - and giving you the option to cancel at 30 days' notice rather than being locked into another minimum term contract.

TalkTalk offered me 700 minutes, then 1000 minutes, and then 2000 minutes, the second offer leading to the third offer was the doubling part.

Its a good job i did not listern to you, as I have now walked away with 4000 minutes, as moneysavingexpert says, there are offers daily with these companies, as usually it depends on what offers the original agent has offered that day. So i am glad I did upgrade, and not take there original offer.

the 30 day contract would never work for me, as i would return back to the orignal contract of 700 minutes for £13.00.

I am a happy chappy leaving with:

4000 minutes
    unlimited text messages
    4gb data
    £10.00 a month

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

if you dont get the right deal, just call back
  • lasthurdle
    Options
    Hi, I phoned EE today and said I was thinking of leaving them because I found a cheaper deal with Plus Net. EE have agreed to price match them :)

So I am now paying £10 per month and receiving 4GB data, unlimited texts and unlimited minutes :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    There's a new 4GB, UL minutes & Texts from Plusnet:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-sim-only-contracts#midpick1

Monthly rolling contract, seems a good deal if only as ammo with your current supplier.
  • trinidadone
    Options
    lasthurdle wrote: »
    Hi, I phoned EE today and said I was thinking of leaving them because I found a cheaper deal with Plus Net. EE have agreed to price match them :)

So I am now paying £10 per month and receiving 4GB data, unlimited texts and unlimited minutes :)

Well done, its great when your armed with the information, and all that for a tenner, :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport